ADVERTISEMENT

Is Rashada coming to Gainesville or not?

Gator Fever

Bull Gator
Feb 13, 2008

"As the recruiting world turns. Jaden Rashada will not be going to play quarterback for the Florida Gators after all. That’s what’s out there now."

"There are no definitive details that can be shared at this time, so no speculation will be taken. All that has been learned stemmed from information that Rashada will not enroll at the University of Florida."
--------------------------------------

:oops::oops:
I hope this guy is just trying to be funny with his wording but if this did come true @instaGATOR would be in heaven I guess.

FmIVVnXWAAQvUil

This is on twitter. How to respond to something like this when you have no clue what is going on but want to pretend you have real connections. 🤣

Reactions: BCSpell

Unbelievable if he isn't jumping the gun with this. Not sure how reliable On3 is usually.

Damn. I've heard grades, to the floods in Cali, to NIL not following through due to change in leadership/important people

I’m going to go ahead and recklessly speculate that we’re screwed. Either we didn’t come through on nil or someone swooped in with a monster offer and now he’s going to try to get out of his LOI, hence the speculation about his family hiring a lawyer.

Sounds like the talk now is the holdup is because of his agents representing him and not the total amount of the NIL. Probably things where each side is trying to have guarantees on some things. I would lean to him making it in by the deadline if that is accurate.

Reactions: ih8f$u
Yep I hope the SI Miami reporter is taking liberties saying he will not enroll with us. I don't trust that snake Ruiz whatsoever though. He could have planned this out the whole time.
Fever,

It reminds me of Bowden vs Spurrier.
Bowden would enlist (pay !) certain recruits to commit to Spurrier & wait until signing day to stick the knife in & sign a LOI with the Noles.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Nick,

Agree - put a foot in his Ass & show him the door.
He looked like sh*t in the Under Armor Game.

Plus we have 2 hand selected Transfer QBs & Max Brown.

Billy - why don't you give Max a chance - either coach him up or let Spurrier do it for you !

Napier is done 99% chance after year 3 if Rashada doesn't get here. The snowball effect will be large. The chance of Napier surviving that is the same rare chance Brown is another Trask. Some of our new young receivers would bolt after year 1 if they saw an offense without much hope coming the next season so they could show their talent.

Reactions: Jeff from Jax
Napier is done 99% chance after year 3 if Rashada doesn't get here. The snowball effect will be large. The chance of Napier surviving that is the same rare chance Brown is another Trask. Some of our new young receivers would bolt after year 1 if they saw an offense without much hope coming the next season so they could show their talent.
Fever,

Afraid you are right.

The frustration is that we quickly put a workable deal together for Mazzccua; but with all this time we seem to be deadlocked with Rashada.

His "advisers" have to show how important they are, so they are probably the ones holding things up.

Paco has said numerous times, if Napier doesn't work out his successor will have (hopefully) better talent to work with.

But, I hope it doesn't go that way as every coaching change puts us further behind UGA, Tenn, LSU, & now FSU !

FSU has stuck with Norvell through some tough early years & KY did the same with Stoops.

FSU has hired former Miami Dolphins All-Pro cornerback Patrick Surtain Sr. as secondary coach.

Last edited:
Some people want the system's over-rated guys that demand to be paid up front.

While I'm still 'Old School' enough to want the guys that want to be Gators....
Sorry but in the NIL area you have to play the game some in the SEC or you will be a 6-6 or 7-5 type team at most especially with TX and OK coming on board who are paying big time now also. Even KY etc is hitting the portal hard. Maybe outside the new SEC and Big 10 you could get some playoff seasons without playing the game that much but you won't be pulling 9-3 or better seasons in the new SEC with how the scheduling is going to work if you go cheap there. Also wasn't lineman Ethan White one of your good examples and you saw him take off looking for something.

Reactions: ghost_of_ukalum1988
Sorry but in the NIL area you have to play the game some in the SEC or you will be a 6-6 or 7-5 type team at most especially with TX and OK coming on board who are paying big time now also. Even KY etc is hitting the portal hard. Maybe outside the new SEC and Big 10 you could get some playoff seasons without playing the game that much but you won't be pulling 9-3 or better seasons in the new SEC with how the scheduling is going to work if you go cheap there. Also wasn't lineman Ethan White one of your good examples and you saw him take off looking for something.

Since you want me to believe that you KNOW so much feveredbrains, I'm gonna need a list of recruits (and/or xfers) and the dollar amounts that they are being paid to attend the school that they've committed to.
Otherwise,,,, you're just speculating outta-yo-butt, as usual.... 🤓

Edit: And oh BTW, if Napier is so much better of a RECRUITER than Dan was, then why does he need the NIL $$$ to buy his recruits with?

Seems to me that if you're just buying something, then you don't need anything else to get the job done....

Some people want the system's over-rated guys that demand to be paid up front.

While I'm still 'Old School' enough to want the guys that want to be Gators....
I agree with this. Hate where CFB seems to be heading. Damn NIL crap feels like back room shenanigans.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Since you want me to believe that you KNOW so much feveredbrains, I'm gonna need a list of recruits (and/or xfers) and the dollar amounts that they are being paid to attend the school that they've committed to.
Otherwise,,,, you're just speculating outta-yo-butt, as usual.... 🤓

Edit: And oh BTW, if Napier is so much better of a RECRUITER than Dan was, then why does he need the NIL $$$ to buy his recruits with?

Seems to me that if you're just buying something, then you don't need anything else to get the job done....

Napier is actually doing a good job considering NIL. Clemson is probably the only team with similar NIL that got a class as good as him. There are about 7 or 8 schools cranking out some serious NIL to high school recruits.

You know those deals aren't listed as they are through private businesses and setups etc. which don't have to publicly list them.

Mullen recruiting would be #30 area with our NIL situation. I guess Mullen could fake a good class like he did before by just loading up on all the non-qualifiers, sexual assault history and recruits that the US was not processing their VISAs.

On3 is reporting Rashada actually spoke with Stricklin himself requesting that he be released. They are going to look pretty bad if he doesn't leave.

Top QB:
$350k up front, up to $2 million a year once he plays,
https://theathletic.com/3178558/202...ctive-that-could-pay-him-more-than-8-million/

If you have the Heisman track record of Lincoln Riley, you can probably pay less.

Top RB: “At A&M I’ll probably make six figures,”
~ Reuben Owens to 247

Last edited:

This clown is involved with this somehow. It's why he made the smart a** comments about our NIL after signing day.

From my understanding the Rashada saga has nothing to do with NIL funds or UF not being able to hold up their side of the deal. Believe it may have more to do with who is involved, etc. I don’t believe Rashada will end up at UF though.

From my understanding the Rashada saga has nothing to do with NIL funds or UF not being able to hold up their side of the deal. Believe it may have more to do with who is involved, etc. I don’t believe Rashada will end up at UF though.
Well that stinks. Oh well, onward.

I’m going to go ahead and recklessly speculate that we’re screwed. Either we didn’t come through on nil or someone swooped in with a monster offer and now he’s going to try to get out of his LOI, hence the speculation about his family hiring a lawyer.

No....

Folks need to search posts by HALLEY.... this is on rwo predatory attorneys who took advantage of a situation.

This clown is involved with this somehow. It's why he made the smart a** comments about our NIL after signing day.

Yep..... as I said in another thread, if thus other side decides to be firm in their BS, Rashad should say sue me, and enroll at UF.

IMO there is no legally enforceable clause that prevents him from coming here.. 1. California NIL applies to California post-secondary schools not Florida. 2. Florida NIL makes play for play illegal. 3. He can still carry out his NIL responsibilities even playing for UF.

Just my opinion.

Reactions: ih8f$u
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT