ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Quotes from Shaun Wade's Father

rstolz

Rowdy Reptile
Aug 28, 2014
ESPN did an article on the lack of success in recruiting for UF. They asked for the opinion of a few high school coaches and Shaun Wade's dad. He said the following:

"My family really liked Florida,” Randy Wade said. “The only reason Florida missed out on Shaun is because they recruited him late. Trust me, my family would have loved for Shaun to go to Florida but Ohio State's Tim Hinton was on him in the 10th grade ...

"Florida did everything they needed to do … I really felt sorry when Shaun called (McElwain) to tell him he was not coming. In Shaun's recruitment I just felt Florida should have hit us up more so we could have told them earlier Shaun really didn't want to stay in-state or recruited him earlier so we would have initially picked Florida first instead of picking OSU because they recruited us from the very beginning."

Obviously, Mac was just getting started at UF when Wade was in 10th grade, but a common theme from the high school coaches interviewed was that UF is late to the game on the younger kids.

Reactions: jroc287
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News