ADVERTISEMENT

Inside Access - 12-24-2021: A New Day

JasonHigdon

Bull Gator
Staff
Nov 5, 2021
A New Day: The Staff

*****Note*****
I have all five kids home from school today. It has been a while since we had all the kids back together under one roof. I am going to attempt to take the rest of the day off today + tomorrow to spend time with my family. I hope you all do the same and spend time with the people most important to you in your life. Football is not life or death. Life is. Make sure you take time to enjoy it. I know I will. If I am not around at all today or tomorrow Merry Christmas to you and your family. This community is VERY important to me so thank you for being part of this journey.

INSIDE ACCESS:

Whew. I woke up today feeling numb. This entire season felt like I was trapped in the Matrix or something – things did not seem real to me. Unfortunately, they were, but today is a new day. As you read yesterday – a story was written, naming the rest of the coaching staff + salaries. I can’t tell you all the levels of how bad this is – some of these guys are incredibly angered that this information was leaked/written/talked about.

You can talk about things getting out all you want, but that is not the point in this situation – dudes are HOT right now!

I will not focus on the how, who, or the why right now. I can talk about a few things, though – “IF” things remain the same, which I am not sure they will, by the way, but if they do – UF spent 7.2 Million of the allocated 7.5 Million on the coaching staff – minus Billy of course. I wanted to talk about multiple departments in the football office for a minute. Hopefully, this will shed a little light on the magnitude of what the football department is becoming.

Strategy/Quality Control/Analyst:
The goal is to have a 12 man crew in this department. Pail Pasqualoni will serve as the Director of Advanced Scouting. The WR, QB, ILB, OLB, and Safety positions are currently filled. O’Hara is QB’s, and Jamar Chaney is OLB’s. I am not naming the other three right now – not sure if those names are out there, and again last night was REAL BAD, and I am going to avoid that at all costs. We are spending around 700,000.00 on this department.

We will have positions for four GA’s, 12 students assistants for each position, and 20 students for Nutrition & Sports Science. Add in another 7 interns for S&C and development (Paid). The performance department consists of Joe Danos & Frank Ogas (Under 300,000.00). Four people for Nutrition – (Under 300,000.00).

Five in the actual S&C department – (Under 1 Million). Under 800K for Operations – five positions with four being hired currently – One to go – Chief of Staff. Vernell Brown department (Gator Made) will expand to 6 positions (Under 500,000.00) Another 12 students in Operations roughly. There are five positions for On-Campus Recruiting + Another 8 Interns (Paid) and the entire department – only two have been hired. (Under 600,000.00) Marketing has 12 positions to fill. Personnel Department is big – runs 20 deep. Only six have been hired (Under 500,000.00) with 15 positions to fill. There is 5,000,000.00 for Support Staff Salary, and we have a minimal, limited amount left with more than a few hires yet to make.

Also, I was told Justin Shorter is ok and a lot of that last night was precautionary.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News