ADVERTISEMENT

(In)Famous Jameis.....

gatorshime

Gator Great
Jan 30, 2002
SUCKS! Time to bench his ass and play Fitzmagic the rest of the year. 6 TD’s and 10 Int.’s in not even 4 games. No way I’d pay him 21 Million next year and who would pick him up?

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
For every good game he plays he plays like 2 complete crap games which isn’t good enough to be a starting QB in the NFL. Doubt he’s with the Bucs next year

Total bust in Tampa. Too many bad plays to be a winner in the NFL. Play Kirkpatrick the rest of the year and then put Winston on the market. Jags need to unload Bortles as well.

Reactions: GatorGray
At FSU, Jameis benefited from having a crew of elite receivers, especially during his first year. He always was prone to risky throws, but he got away with it because he had NBA players, like Kelvin Benjamin, to throw to.

Without them, his natural talent still made him a great college QB. But in the NFL, everyone is great, so the talent advantage is negated. Now he’s just an average NFL QB, talent-wise. And his natural recklessness and impulsivity are working against him when playing against players who know how to capitalize on this.

At FSU, Jameis benefited from having a crew of elite receivers, especially during his first year. He always was prone to risky throws, but he got away with it because he had NBA players, like Kelvin Benjamin, to throw to.

Without them, his natural talent still made him a great college QB. But in the NFL, everyone is great, so the talent advantage is negated. Now he’s just an average NFL QB, talent-wise. And his natural recklessness and impulsivity are working against him when playing against players who know how to capitalize on this.

Sounds about right. They were talking about him on radio today and were just incredulous at how many turnovers he has (89 in 48 games!).

SUCKS! Time to bench his ass and play Fitzmagic the rest of the year. 6 TD’s and 10 Int.’s in not even 4 games. No way I’d pay him 21 Million next year and who would pick him up?

He should start protesting the anthem, so he can martyr himself and maybe get a Nike contract.

Sounds about right. They were talking about him on radio today and were just incredulous at how many turnovers he has (89 in 48 games!).

I initially glanced at that stat and read it backwards "Oh man...he's more than a turnover in every other game he's played....wait....dear god he nearly turns it over twice a GAME."

He is a good QB!!! That is a good Clipboard QB that’s about all he will ever be. He stares down receivers too much and has yet to learn to read a defense!!!

Winston had the opportunity to go down as the best quarterback to ever play for FSU, but his sense
of self-entitlement and amoral behavior aborted that chance. No doubt he wanted to spend one
more year in college football, but the powers-that-be at the school had their fill of him. His lone
supporter was Fisher. Winston was told in no uncertain terms that the time had come to take his talents elsewhere,
(with Bobby Bowden calling the guy an embarrassment to the university and then pilloried for his statements)
and he managed to turn his chances into the #1 draft pick. Moving down to Tampa, his missteps continued, culminating
with the league suspension for the episode with the female Uber driver.
So now Winston finds himself on the bench, his future with the Bucs very much up in the air. To be sure he will be given more chances as the Buc's qb. Whether he will ever redeem himself and become the face of the franchise the Buc's brass
had envisioned is, at this point in time, doubtful.

Last edited:
Winston had the opportunity to go down as the best quarterback to ever play for FSU, but his sense
of self-entitlement and amoral behavior aborted that chance. No doubt he wanted to spend one
more year in college football, but the powers-that-be at the school had their fill of him. His lone
supporter was Fisher. Winston was told in no uncertain terms that the time had come to take his talents elsewhere,
(with Bobby Bowden calling the guy an embarrassment to the university and then pilloried for his statements)
and he managed to turn his chances into the #1 draft pick. Moving down to Tampa, his missteps continued, culminating
with the league suspension for the episode with the female Uber driver.
So now Winston finds himself on the bench, his future with the Bucs very much up in the air. To be sure he will be given more chances as the Buc's qb. Whether he will ever redeem himself and become the face of the franchise the Buc's brass
had envisioned is, at this point in time, doubtful.

So totally unrelated question but...

I obviously need to brush up on my Latin declensions and conjugations because I assume your user name is supposed to be "the voice of truth" but truth is veritas, not vertis, right?

Or is it? Again...it's been a hot minute....maybe that's "I am the voice of truth."

So totally unrelated question but...

I obviously need to brush up on my Latin declensions and conjugations because I assume your user name is supposed to be "the voice of truth" but truth is veritas, not vertis, right?

Or is it? Again...it's been a hot minute....maybe that's "I am the voice of truth."
It is and you are. Now you see why I only managed a C in Latin back in high school.
Try as I may, I have never figured out how to go in and edit a screen name. But then, being
an old time government worker, it is, as they say, "close enough for Government work".

Reactions: Dannygator1989

Nah, as a college player he was fantastic - and not because of the greatness of players around him. If they were that elite, they'd have had at least decent NFL careers; Benjamin's the only one who's done anything. The other top receivers were Rashad Green (wasted pick by the Jags), Kenny Shaw (never played a down in the NFL), Christian Green (not even a free agent offer in the NFL), and Nick Oleary (with his 2nd team in 4 years in the league, as a backup TE). The best NFL player from the offense has been Devonta Freeman, who's been consistently very good.

It's so hard to predict who is going to do well in the NFL. I think the harsh reality is that most draft picks are "busts." Only a minority go on to have consistent, successful, careers as starters. Freeman was a decent RB at FSU, but he seems to have blossomed in the pros. A lot of the guys with long careers seem to be the less heralded ones who were just solid performers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT