ADVERTISEMENT

I'm all for capitalism but...

masonite

Green Machine
Gold Member
Jan 12, 2005
Orlando
Losing a player like ETN makes my gut hurt. Great kid, great family, and on a path to be one of our all-time favorite Gators, and plucked right off our team by a higher bidder. Yeah, it could be for other reasons also, but most of those are probably just used for justification for grabbing the bigger bag.

I guess its a rare time of no rules for a rare talent to score huge at the expense of your coaches, teammates, and fans. I try to put myself in his shoes and hope that I would choose my relationships and loyalty over greed, and have made those choices in life, to my own detriment, but as a kid with these amounts, not so sure.

On the flip side, I love the changes/additions to our BBall team. Somebody somewhere is lamenting their loss to our gain.

I guess it is what it is. Fans will need to choose where to be on game day, just like the players.

I will always support my Gators through thick and thin, but a fair amount of joy is being stripped from the experience.

I no longer think CBN will be here a long time. Maybe he will be stupidly fired, but more likely he leaves because the fun and intangible rewards of college football are being bled out of the game. His joys are relationships and play calling. With both of those taken from him, at some point, he'll leave on his own. So we can start over again and try to buy a bunch of mercenaries that temporarily wear the O&B that nobody really cares about. Where W's are all that matters.

The amazing mixture that was college football is slipping away, and losing ETN crystallizes that in a big way.

My hope is that people with passion, character, talent, and loyalty, like CBN, Mertz, and Lagway, can pull us through this present period of wrecking ball policy, and retain some of what makes college football so endearing to so many.

Go Gators, always

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News