ADVERTISEMENT

I Support Coach Mac

cmgator

Rowdy Reptile
Gold Member
Aug 14, 2002
I am writing this prior to the uga game as the outcome will have this board roaring either positive or negative. I just read an article with Spears and Tebow both expressing disbelief at how fickle part of our fanbase is being wanting Mac out after barely two season at the helm.

I am the first to say the offensive product is not what I would like to see, but if I am unemotional, there is little doubt that we would be very average after losing out top two offensive players and starting a freshman QB. I get it that people expect more but I am also of the mindset that a coach gets a minimum of 3-4 years to prove himself.

While the offensive product has lacked, Mac has done some great things here and continues to bring in a bevy of talent. I truly believe that next year is setting up to be special if our young players continue to develop and we continue to build on this recruiting class. I do believe we will lose a ton of momentum if this staff is fired and we have to start back all over again. Tennessee has been doing that and I would prefer to not go down that road.

In closing, I would ask that if you want to post here try and keep it positive or supportive. There are plenty of negative threads you can bash coach and the players. There are also those who have an agenda and even if we won today, they would still not be happy. I think we lose 1-2 of our remaning games but end up in a bowl and sign a stellar class, if we keep Mac. I hope that happens.

GO GATORS and whoop those dawgs!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News