ADVERTISEMENT

I feel like America is a country out of control

Exactly...except it is in every branch. (maybe not Marines, as they kind of have always done their own thing.)
The Marines, Marine Reserve, Air Force and its reserve and ANG component continue to make recruiting goals yearly without lowering standards. The Army and Navy are struggling mightily.

The Marines, Marine Reserve, Air Force and its reserve and ANG component continue to make recruiting goals yearly without lowering standards. The Army and Navy are struggling mightily.
I see the chairforce every day, and compare it to what it used to be. ONE word....SOFT. I think the Marines would be the only fighting force I would say is RWA today...READY, WILLING and ABLE.

Edit: AND our SF's in every branch.

I’m more optimistic because I think social media has spun up a lot of fake issues and anxiety.

• Wow
Reactions: Mdfgator
I’m more optimistic because I think social media has spun up a lot of fake issues and anxiety.
If you are talking about the condition of our military..you would be mistaken. 10 years ago I knew some guys that were STUDS...that worried about passing PT. If you saw how many people were 20-50 lbs overweight now..it would shock you.

Reactions: goldmom
If you are talking about the condition of our military..you would be mistaken. 10 years ago I knew some guys that were STUDS...that worried about passing PT. If you saw how many people were 20-50 lbs overweight now..it would shock you.
I think you’re probably correct.

As a guy who took 1.5 years in HS and 2 years in college of Latin, many on this board resemble this remark.

I see the chairforce every day, and compare it to what it used to be. ONE word....SOFT. I think the Marines would be the only fighting force I would say is RWA today...READY, WILLING and ABLE.

Edit: AND our SF's in every branch.
Talk to my son who is active duty Marine and is currently stationed at Lejeune, he paints a very different picture.

Ron the only thing wrong with our military is the bodies we're putting into it currently in the Navy and Army, as 70 percent of Gen z/a isn't physically or mentally fit to serve.

But antiquated and unable to power project is the most ridiculous horseshit I've heard this week.
Hold that thought - it's still early lol

the country is dominating, times are good, life is easy, and all the snowflakes do is complain. Good times do indeed lead to weak men..

Youre old and the worlkd is passing you by, youre not the first and you wont be the last.

He is a Marine. Totally different story. I am talking Airforce. I have lived here 60 years. Totally different quality of airmen than even a decade ago. Standards have lowered
What I’m saying Ron is the Marine Corp is not immune to the “woke” military.

There are overweight, entitled, lazy dumb as a bag of rocks Marines within the Corp, and I’m not talking only enlisted Marines.

Yes, the Marine Corp sets higher standards than other branches (mainly from a physical standpoint) but as I said, they are not immune from the decay that has infiltrated the military as a whole.

I don’t think it is really as bad or as widespread as some would like to make it out but it’s there.

And @LordofallSocks - as I have read - yes the Corp is meeting their enlistment goals but not overwhelmingly and not easily. They have been pretty fortunate to have been able to offset those that leave after 4 years with new recruits but as I read, their current “game plan” is not sustainable over the long haul.

Well I have a 1.75 of Maker's and BB King Live at Cook County Jail on vinyl, so y'all can deal with the world on fire without me today. :D
I remember as a kid my Dad playing BB King Live at the Regal cassette tape at home. Smoke, booze, blues, southern rock, classic country, classic rock, and golden oldies always readily available at the domicile as I was growing up, haha.

Reactions: LordofallSocks

There are overweight, entitled, lazy dumb as a bag of rocks Marines within the Corp, and I’m not talking only enlisted Marines.

Yes, the Marine Corp sets higher standards than other branches (mainly from a physical standpoint) but as I said, they are not immune from the decay that has infiltrated the military as a whole.

I don’t think it is really as bad or as widespread as some would like to make it out but it’s there.

And @LordofallSocks - as I have read - yes the Corp is meeting their enlistment goals but not overwhelmingly and not easily. They have been pretty fortunate to have been able to offset those that leave after 4 years with new recruits but as I read, their current “game plan” is not sustainable over the long haul.
This is surprising to me. Sorry I did not understand...however I guess this shocks me a bit. Actually hate to hear this...but then again, they ARE part of the Dept of the Navy.

Reactions: greyghost14

The Corps problem is retention of ncos with 1 contract under their belt.

there will never be a shortage of young people who want the title.

Toxic leadership and the green weenie is hemorrhaging Marines to Army and the private sector, because after the brainwashing wears off a little, you start understanding that pride doesn't pay bills and they don't want to promote you that's why they bust you down every chance they get.

Ask me how I know. Spoiler alert, I did a full contract and got out a CPL.

Toxic leadership and the green weenie is hemorrhaging Marines to Army and the private sector, because after the brainwashing wears off a little, you start understanding that pride doesn't pay bills and they don't want to promote you that's why they bust you down every chance they get.

I get it. I'm sure there is too much ass kissing to make it to sergeant. And that is far from you. 😂 I suspect it's even harder in 2024.

• Haha
Reactions: LordofallSocks

There are lazy

Shitbird

dumb as a bag of rocks Marines
Shit for brains.

Most Marines fall in one of these 2 categories. The third, smaller category is "Shit hot. "

within the Corp, and I’m not talking only enlisted Marines.
Q: What do you calla Marine with half a brain whose parents aren't married?

A: "Sir. "

Shitbird

Shit for brains.

Most Marines fall in one of these 2 categories. The third, smaller category is "Shit hot. "

Q: What do you calla Marine with half a brain whose parents aren't married?

A: "Sir. "
Seems like all the baddest dudes on earth are military VETERANS now. Kinda goes back to what we were talking about a while back with my wanting to be a food tyrant. We cant have all the baddest dudes being 40-60 years old. We need new blood out there.

Seems like all the baddest dudes on earth are military VETERANS now. Kinda goes back to what we were talking about a while back with my wanting to be a food tyrant. We cant have all the baddest dudes being 40-60 years old. We need new blood out there.
There are plenty of those badasses now. My Nieces husband is a full blown CCT. He operates w Delta, and SEAL team 6. He is an INCREDIBLE person. We have these guys all over here where I live. We have a Ranger training phase here, and the 7th SF base(Green Berets that operate in A America) You never know WHO you may run in to around here. You can see above where I omitted SF types. One of my VERY good friends is 90...and was one of the original CCT guys in early Vietnam. He later became a hand to hand combat trainer(for 10 yrs). Then he went private and worked for the Israelis. I am amazed at these types with their conditioning, abilities and confidence.

100% and absolutely spot on !!

When you say "a full contract" are you meaning the initial 4 year enlistment w/no re-up ?

I get it. I'm sure there is too much ass kissing to make it to sergeant. And that is far from you. 😂 I suspect it's even harder in 2024.
Yep, as I understand it just prior to my sons enlistment (or within a year afterwards - he enlisted in late 2020 and arrived on Parris Island in April of '21), it was very possible for a boot to make Sergeant prior to the end of his/her initial 4 year enlistment obligation.
As I have heard - mainly from my son - people were making Sgt at the end of their initial contract and then getting out. The Corp then changed the way they promoted 1st contract enlistments so the only way to make Sgt was to re-enlist for the second contract.

It also went from a "time in job/time in grade" automatic promotion (still is for PFC and Lance) to one based on merit/qualifications (Corporal and above).

In my sons first year and a half after reporting to Fleet he had at least 4 really intelligent, really knowledgeable seniors leave when their initial contract came up (4 years). The big problem with that happening is all of the boots coming in are now having to be trained by seniors that really don't have the experience, knowledge or know how to get these newbies up to speed quickly.

It really is a shame because the bread and butter so to speak of the Corp is young, strong, durable and quite frankly mush brained recruits.
Their still getting them as Lord has pointed out, but it's going to be tough in a long term scenario.

immigrants will gladly sign up and fight for our great nation.

A good many illegals are plants to become commandos AGAINST our country. Particularly note what's flooding across the border. :rolleyes:

Alarming Rise in Military-Aged Chinese Men Entering US Illegally, Border Patrol Union Chief Warns​

tornado-siren.gif

• Haha
A good many illegals are plants to become commandos AGAINST our country. Particularly note what's flooding across the border. :rolleyes:

Alarming Rise in Military-Aged Chinese Men Entering US Illegally, Border Patrol Union Chief Warns​

tornado-siren.gif
Is there anything you are not scared of?? Drop the peas nickel. This is how you became known as nickel nuts.

There isn’t a person in this country, outside of direct descendants of native Americans, that isn’t an immigrant.
With that being said, and Lords response, what’s your point ?

There isn’t a person in this country, outside of direct descendants of native Americans, that isn’t an immigrant.
With that being said, and Lords response, what’s your point ?
The point was we have a shortage of old school tough ass people in this country. Immigrants are much more like old school Americans that joined the forces

Yes I have heard the idea. I would prefer we reform the immigration system and did this in a more orderly fashion. The issue is 80% of the public thinks they are against more immigration. Everyone likes the status quo and the lack of competition I don’t blame them for that. But we need to **** a lot more as a country and get the birth rate above break even or we die a slow death

• Haha
Reactions: greyghost14
Yes I have heard the idea. I would prefer we refer the immigration system and did this in a more orderly fashion. The issue is 80% of the public thinks they are against more immigration. Everyone likes the status quo and the lack of completion I don’t blame them for that. But we need to **** a lot more as a country and get the birth rate above break even
I can agree, as long as it isn’t the midnight Walmart types.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT