ADVERTISEMENT

Hypothetical question

Just because someone is/has been successful in life doesn’t mean you have to like them, support them and/or want them to be your coach.
It's weird how this argument is reflexively used though. A lot of the best coaches in the game, both men and women, got some slime to them and do or say things that would be frowned upon. It's a mix of ego and harsh reality of the business. So I think it's kinda odd to harp so hard on it at times.

Cite some examples man. Calling someone racist regardless of skin color or gender isn't something to be taken lightly.

You ain't gotta like her as a person but going straight to racist and social misfit? Elaborate please.

Takes actions to virtue signal with no basis on facts if you read the article linked ...

Take off the blinders - Insta

Last edited:
The lack of parity in Women's Basketball would give me doubts on hiring Staley. Fewer top end prospects on the women's side and they all go to the same teams for the most part. The top players also don't dip out for the draft as fast as in the Men's side. There's just so many differences compared to the Men's side program and play wise.

More resources pumping into NCAAW programs should theoretically bring more parity and Butler type programs and Coaches emerging. I'd go with Hurley 10/10 times today though.

The lack of parity in Women's Basketball would give me doubts on hiring Staley. Fewer top end prospects on the women's side and they all go to the same teams for the most part. The top players also don't dip out for the draft as fast as in the Men's side. There's just so many differences compared to the Men's side program and play wise.

More resources pumping into NCAAW programs should theoretically bring more parity and Butler type programs and Coaches emerging. I'd go with Hurley 10/10 times today though.
Way more money to be made for women to stay in college via NIL than to opt out to the financially strapped / addled WNBA ...

Last edited:
Way more money to be made for women to stay in college via NIL that to opt out to the financially strapped / addled WNBA ...
I mean this was before NIL too. Imagine having the men's equivalent of Griner, Bueckers, Clark etc. for 3 or 4 years in college.

I mean this was before NIL too. Imagine having the men's equivalent of Griner, Bueckers, Clark etc. for 3 or 4 years in college.
Well before NIL the women were staying in college because going to the WNBA was still a bad option compared to what they had in college. It just wasn't done other than maybe a couple of outliers of which I am not aware.

And yes, that would be cool on the men's side, which is the way it used to be many years ago at a time that predates magic and Bird ...

I was with you until you said boys were more difficult to coach. I would not say that, but it does depend on your personality. I personally find guys easier to coach.
It was my experience that when I coached the girls they didn’t have near the attitude issues. They were much more coachable and listened. The boys thought they would just go out there and ball. Never had as much of the grade and discipline issues with the girls.

Well she creates false racism narratives to fit her narrative and perpetuate her USCE women’s basketball vs the world crap…. 2 recent examples were going off on Iowa coach Lisa Bluder ahead of last years FF matchup for comments that weren’t racist at all, then there were the 2 games she cancelled vs BYU because a Duke volleyball player made false racist claims against BYU…when confronted with facts on both scenarios questioning her actions/decisions she doubled down or continued to play the victim….in the BYU case it was actually a family member of the Duke player who was making racist remarks etc
This is the one right here. The race-baiting bs. Then to make it worse by not simply saying, hey I effed that up pretty bad, and if BYU will have us back, I’d like to try and make things right.

Staley is 109-3 over the last 3 seasons and will win her 2nd natty Sunday

It was my experience that when I coached the girls they didn’t have near the attitude issues. They were much more coachable and listened. The boys thought they would just go out there and ball. Never had as much of the grade and discipline issues with the girls.
💯

Cite some examples man. Calling someone racist regardless of skin color or gender isn't something to be taken lightly.

You ain't gotta like her as a person but going straight to racist and social misfit? Elaborate please.

the articles don’t end there. Great basketball mind but her character leaves a lot to be desired for.

Reactions: Tatton

the articles don’t end there. Great basketball mind but her character leaves a lot to be desired for.
Police are investigating whether or not someone called someone a name. Anyone else see this incredibly dangerous slippery slope?

I wonder what Staley does if she hears a black player calling another black player the “n” word. Do you think they’re disciplined and the police are called in to investigate?
Talks out both sides of her mouth. It’s a shame too because I think she’s putting herself in the conversation with Summit & Geno but I will never respect her like those two.

I see why you asked this now. WOW @kcflagator
Happy Saturday Night Live GIF

A majority of the "women's" Cocks roster are made up of dudes. Just look at the 1st three on the right.

For any of yall who defended Staley.. she’s now supporting transgender men to play basketball against women. Shes trash.
Step back and just think about that. With all the stride forward for women’s sports in the last few decades this would be one way to wreck it.

Reactions: BCSpell
Hurley. I’ve coached both women’s and men’s basketball, albeit it just at the high school level. Men’s is much more difficult to coach for a number of reasons. Not saying Staley is a bad coach, but men’s is more difficult. Much faster and have to make decisions in game much quicker. Boys are also more difficult to coach than girls.

All this is just in my experience.
Boys v girls is very true

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT