ADVERTISEMENT

Honest Question for the Board...

Shaner25_32

Rowdy Reptile
Nov 29, 2021
How come we are the only fan base that doesn't allow a first year head coach time to build his program? Is it because Mac & Mullen came in and one in year 1? But ultimately it all fell apart because they had no idea how to build a foundation in a program? Let's look at all the recent new hire head coaches and see what their first years or so have looked like..

Josh Heupel - everyone loves him right now. Well last year they were 7-6 and lost to a terrible Florida team 38-14. Got beat by Purdue in a bowl lol. Georgia crushed them 41-17. But now Tennessee is moving in the right direction? Would we have fired Heupel last season too?

Sam Pittman - took over Arkansas in and went 3-7 in year 1. Then went 9-4 in year two and this year have been ranked as high as 10. He is putting a very good product on the field at ARKANSAS!! We prolly wouldve fired him year 1 though.

Lane Kiffin - went 4-5 in year 1 at Ole Miss. 10-3 in year 2 and now is undefeated in year 3. I know a lot of ppl on here have thought about Lane as the HC at Florida, but we prolly wouldve fired him after a 4-5 year 1. Now they are undefeated in his 3rd season at Ole Miss and are playing for big games down the stretch.

Dave Aranda - they went 2-7 in year 1.. Eww buttt then they went 12-2 in year 2. Now in year 3 he is facing some adversity as his team sits 3-3 but he is at Baylor. I haven't followed Baylor much to know if he is building the right foundation there. It sounds like he is very respected so I would assume so. He is also at Baylor. But we wouldve fired him after year 1.

Mike Leach - He might end up giving Dan Mullen a run for his money as best Miss St coach every. Started off in year one at 4-7. Right now his team is playing really good football on both offense and defense in year 3. His QB just broke the SEC completions record. They are currently 5-2 and ranked 24th but where ranked 16th before loss to Kentucky.

Steve Sarkisian - Texas went 5-7 in year 1 with a 3-6 conference record. That could be us this year at Florida guys.. They are having a much better season this year. I think they wouldve beat Alabama in game 1 if Ewers didn't get hurt. I know they lost a tough 1 to Texas Tech but they are currently 5-2 in year two and beat their biggest rival 49 -0. They are about to have their toughest patch of schedule coming up.

Lance Liepold - Last year they went 2-10. Whew. This year they hosted their first game day, are 5-2, ranked in the top 25 for the first time in who knows how long.

Brett Bielema - Illinois went 5-7 in his first year. We all know he runs a particular system that needs specific players. In year 2, they are currently 6-1 and ranked 18th. We wouldve fired Bielema after year 1. Why give him time to build right?

Brian Kelly - Ugly loss to both FSU & Tennessee. They are about to play Ole miss and Alabama. Have TAMU and Arkansas to finish the season. Big chance Kelly goes 7-5 maybe even 6-6 in year 1 at LSU. You think they fire him in Baton Rouge?

Marcus Freeman - Guy was probably the hottest coaching name in the country as a DC the past two years. He is sitting at 3-3 at Notre Dame right now. He has lost to Marshall & now Stanford (when is the last time they were good?) But prolly fired after this season right?

Brent Venables - Every schools had him on the hot list of coaches when they were looking. I know he has been on every Florida list lol. They are 4-3 with an embarrassing loss to Texas 49-0. Venables is a defensive guy and they might have one of the worst in the big 12 in year one. Kansas just scored 42 on them. That is 4 straight games they have given up 40 or more points. TCU smacked em 55-24. But you gotta fire him right? No need to give him time.

Mario Cristobal - Another famous HC hot list guy. We have talked about him on here. He is big recruiting guy blah blah. 3-3 at Miami in year 1 with a loss to Mid Ten State and they just barely beat Va Tech.

There are a lot of good coaching names on this list and something is very apparent on here and that is you need time to build your program. So far in year 1, Billy has built an infrastructure comparable to Bama & Georgia because he knows you need those types of resources to win in the SEC & Nationally. We sit with the #8 recruiting class in the country and if has a chance to climb even higher if we win out some of the recruitments we are expected too. In year 1 at Georgia Kirby Smart loss to Vanderbilt, Georgia Tech and a Luke Del Rio led Florida team. I'm sure their fans weren't happy but that didn't stop Georgia from landing the #3 recruiting class in the country that year. If we are recruiting the right way, and I expect we are, then we should be able to finish this class strong and then see a lot of these kids play early and often next season.

We have one of the youngest rosters in CFB. Heisman pointed out our staff believes we have almost 40 players who are not Florida quality (i'd venture to say a lot of them are upper classmen and will most likely get filtered out) and we have what could possibly be a top 6 class coming in. Young roster + strong recruiting class + transfer portal free agency and you can right the ship much faster than we all believe. But as a fan base we need to have PATIENCE and temper our expectations!! Get off twitter if you're gonna be negative, the recruits and their families see that stuff. You want the 5 star player to come here? Then don't go bash his future coach/position coach on twitter and then give them a hint of doubt as to why they shouldn't come to Florida. These kids are giving our staff, from top to bottom, whether it is coaching, support and/or recruiting, rave reviews. Trust the process. That's all I got. Go Gators!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News