ADVERTISEMENT

Hear the one about the FSU football player, the crack smoking hooker...

And what obligation do you think a police agency has in notifying the press about ANYTHING they do? They don't. Funny to me you are shocked about "not hearing" anything...until the press asks. It's how it works.

Originally posted by alaskanseminole:
I always chuckle when scUM fans sit atop their perch preaching purity.
laugh.r191677.gif
Nobody but you mentioned anything close to "purity". Its funny how nole fans equate players from other schools being punished for their transgressions with FSU's refusal to actually punish players(except in rare circumstances when they can't avoid it.) This argument goes on and on with FSU fans, year after year. Hey, remember when UF was on their run last decade and we kept hearing stories about players getting in trouble? Yeh, that's right, we HEARD ABOUT them, and then the players were punished for the most part. Same with UM - you hear about it, and they are punished. Now, it looks like FSU found a way to avoid that bad publicity while on top - don't let it go public if you can.

And here's more "Nole logic": A convicted felon, who only told his stories once he was facing prison time, is more credible than a 19-year old college student who immediately reported sexual assault by an anonymous man and then immediately relayed the perp's identity once it was learned.

But hey, this is FSU where All-American Kicker Scott Bentley can record a sexual encounter with a co-ed, play it for his buddies and not be expelled. All American Linebacker Ernie Sims can manhandle and slam around his girlfriend in public and not even be suspended one game for it. Then you have the administration pleading with Travis Johnson's girlfriend to not file a criminal complaint against him for sexual assault. Then the Boosters hire attorneys for battered pregnant woman to convince her to not cooperate with a criminal investigation. And then there's the sexual assaults that seem to go uninvestigated. Wow, what a way to treat women. I guess it takes plastic tits and attention whoredom to qualify for respect at FSU.

Dang Buddy, FSU is so out of control you would think they would have two 30 for 30 episodes made about them. Oh wait, the team you cheer for beat us to it!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by danoleman:
Dang Buddy, FSU is so out of control you would think they would have two 30 for 30 episodes made about them. Oh wait, the team you cheer for beat us to it!

I'm pretty sure I've seen some of his work(threads) before...does he go by another name elsewhere?

Originally posted by Dr. Nole:

I'm pretty sure I've seen some of his work(threads) before...does he go by another name elsewhere?
I'm sure he does. I have never seen him talk football here or on the cane board. I think the "buddy green" account was created strictly for anti-Winston and anti-FSU posts. Guy is a tool.

Originally posted by Buddy Green:
Nobody but you mentioned anything close to "purity".
You're missing the point, Marv. It's implied when you continue to point out the transgressions of someone else while forgetting you root for the university that literally coined the term, "ThugU." scUM wrote the book on all things corrupt in College Football.

A trip down memory lane

Originally posted by JD Gator:

Originally posted by goldmom:

You again miss the point, dan. I am annoyed, not because you defend FSU. I am annoyed because you have for some reason taken to defending the TPD, and appear to refuse to even honestly discuss issues with the TPD. Do you intend to answer my simple question?
I think Dan needs the advice of an attorney. Is Huntley Johnson available, or is he in negotiations to settle yet another sexual harassment lawsuit between him and one of his female employees?
1) If that is a shot at GPD, I believe they are mildly better than TPD at actually enforcing the law against football players. But the Gainesville State Attorney's Office is very lax in prosecutions. Tallahassee SAO seems to be mildly better than Gainesville in that regard. Gainesville, like Tallahassee, has a problem with law enforcement coddling football players- it is just centered at a different level of the justice system.

2) Dan and I seem to have worked out the issue without your input.

3) Adjust your attitude. Read the pinned notice at the top of the board, and act accordingly.
You have mail, sweet pea!
blush.r191677.gif

Personally, I'd prefer the spot light be shifted towards TPD and off FSU. Heck, bring in internal affairs, clean house, whatever it takes. I'm sick and tired of people stalking 18-20 year old kids...if TPD needs to be held accountable, then hold them accountable. Once that problem (if it is truly a problem) is fixed it will trickle down to student athletes.
If they fix TPD, they break FSU athletics.

You again miss the point, dan. I am annoyed, not because you defend FSU. I am annoyed because you have for some reason taken to defending the TPD, and appear to refuse to even honestly discuss issues with the TPD. Do you intend to answer my simple question?
I think Dan needs the advice of an attorney. Is Huntley Johnson available, or is he in negotiations to settle yet another sexual harassment lawsuit between him and one of his female employees?
1) If that is a shot at GPD, I believe they are mildly better than TPD at actually enforcing the law against football players. But the Gainesville State Attorney's Office is very lax in prosecutions. Tallahassee SAO seems to be mildly better than Gainesville in that regard. Gainesville, like Tallahassee, has a problem with law enforcement coddling football players- it is just centered at a different level of the justice system.

2) Dan and I seem to have worked out the issue without your input.

3) Adjust your attitude. Read the pinned notice at the top of the board, and act accordingly.
You have mail, sweet pea!
blush.r191677.gif
I received no e-mail

Originally posted by GatorGray:

Originally posted by MJWilliamson:
Another incident of the TPD Keystone Cops covering up for FSU players?

Color me shocked.
What did they cover up?? You mean because they didn't test DNA that he confessed was his?? Or the fact that the crack whore couldn't tell the same story more than once??
And there it is...danolman's SOP...attack the accuser.
Kinda like whay y'all did to Treon's accuser?

I don't recall anyone attacking her.

Meanwhile, the Jameis thing ain't over:

Olympic
"Woman of the Year" says FSU Winston case not over yet

Nancy Hogshead-Makar is an Olympic gold medalist, a member of several halls of fame and a prominent advocate for women in sport. Just a few weeks ago, in Monaco, she was named the International Olympic Committee's woman of the year.
Lifting the hefty marble statute, she says, "It was probably the biggest award outside of my Olympic medals that I've ever won."

For the past several months, she's also worked alongside lawyers representing the young woman who two years ago accused Florida State University Quarterback Jameis Winston of rape. She says she's continually shocked by the vitriol directed at the woman, who left FSU after numerous death threats.

Of course it's not going away when there's money to be made. Someone has to pay Clune for all of his work and her assisting Clune tells me everything I need to know. She thinks Jameis is worried about being deposed?? Wait until the accuser gets deposed under oath and tells several lies and ends with with a perjury charge. They will find out why the legit victims groups are not touching this case.

And HERE it is, civil suit in fed court.

(Apologies in advance to the RRT for posting this at noon and likely ruining your lunch plans.)

The
woman who accused Jameis Winston of rape has filed a federal civil lawsuit
against FSU trustees, arguing the university violated her Title IX rights by
refusing to properly investigate the incident.

Winston's
accuser demanded a trial by jury and in damages from Florida State University
for Title IX violations of a "clearly unreasonable response" and allowing a
"hostile educational environment," according to the lawsuit filed in U.S.
District Court in Orlando Wednesday and obtained by the Orlando Sentinel.

And HERE it is, civil suit in fed court.

(Apologies in advance to the RRT for posting this at noon and likely ruining your lunch plans.)

The
woman who accused Jameis Winston of rape has filed a federal civil lawsuit
against FSU trustees, arguing the university violated her Title IX rights by
refusing to properly investigate the incident.

Winston's
accuser demanded a trial by jury and in damages from Florida State University
for Title IX violations of a "clearly unreasonable response" and allowing a
"hostile educational environment," according to the lawsuit filed in U.S.
District Court in Orlando Wednesday and obtained by the Orlando Sentinel.

Now you know why he declared for the draft today when he was supposedly waiting until after next Monday.

Here is my opinion. If the players that were investigated were white and the TPD did this oh trust me Obama would have sent his Feds down to help investigate this.

Meaning= How come the Feds haven't stepped in so far? Its been proven they are covering up a lot of evidence and keeping FSU players safe.

No worries, it's freezing outside with this darn cold front blowing in, so I'm eating at my desk. I appreciate your consideration, though.
wink.r191677.gif

Originally posted by HardeeWildcatFan:
Here is my opinion. If the players that were investigated were white and the TPD did this oh trust me Obama would have sent his Feds down to help investigate this.

Meaning= How come the Feds haven't stepped in so far? Its been proven they are covering up a lot of evidence and keeping FSU players safe.
The Feds have stepped in. That's why there is an investigation going on by the Department of Education Office of Civil Rights.

Other than the Title IX issues, there probably isn't anything that rises to the level of a actual federal crime. A better question would be why hasn't Pam Bondi's office steeped in given that even Willie Meggs said he should have(and never explained why he didn't) gotten a subpoena for Tim Jansen's office to find out who gave him the police report. The SAO and FDLE should be all over the collusion between FSU and TPD and should prosecute any and all crimes uncovered.

From article:

The complaint states FSU intentionally hindered TPD's investigation "so that Winston's FSU football career would be unaffected." The FSU athletics department, according to the complaint, was in contact with TPD in January 2013 while senior associate director of athletic Monk Bonasorte and football coach Jimbo Fisher had knowledge of the rape accusation.

TPD investigator Paul Osborn called Winston on Jan. 22, 2013 to request an interview. He then contacted Bonasorte to inform him that Winston was the suspect of a rape accusation, according to the complaint, which also cites phone records between Bonasorte and a cellular phone number registered to Candice [sic] Fisher, Jimbo Fisher's wife. Shortly after that call, Bonasorte called Tallahassee defense attorney Tim Jansen, who eventually represented Winston in the case. Bonasorte talked back and forth with Jansen and the phone belonging to Candice Fisher seven different times, according to the complaint.

On Nov. 8, 2013, a Tampa Bay Times reporter reached out to TPD to inquire about a report about Winston. A records clerk forwarded the reports to FSU police chief David Perry, who then forwarded an email chain that included the police report to Bonasorte later that night, according to a report from Fox Sports cited in the lawsuit.

The police report eventually made its way to Jansen several days before state attorney Willie Meggs was handed the case, according to the report.

Holy chit. FDLE and SAO need to get involved immediately.

She has not (yet) filed suit against Winston. Just against FSU
That will come on draft day.

Book it.
I think it might be more tied with the FSU suit. Discovery in that trial might prove interesting, should FSU decided not to settle. FSU and Winston will be adversaries in that process. That is why I think there is a better than even chance that FSU will settle. Especially if the Feds fines or otherwise punishes FSU for non-compliance.

This was expected. She's going the easy route. She figure if she slings enough mud she can get FSU to settle before the Feds release the results of their Title IX investigation. She knows she won't get a dime from Jameis or TPD. Jameis attorneys have said if she sues him, he will countersue her and the attorneys. They don't want that. Funny how she sues the school but not her alleged rapist.

FSU clearly neglected their Title IX responsibilities for a long time. If she can show that neglect led to her decision to leave FSU due to a hostile environment, she has a chance in her suit.

Wonder how he will testify since he is not the one actually on trial, and cannot plead the fifth? I am guessing for many reasons f$u wants this to be settled very quickly and quietly...

Wonder how he will testify since he is not the one actually on trial, and cannot plead the fifth? I am guessing for many reasons f$u wants this to be settled very quickly and quietly...

FSU clearly neglected their Title IX responsibilities for a long time. If she can show that neglect led to her decision to leave FSU due to a hostile environment, she has a chance in her suit.
That's her only chance for a payday that's why she has Title IX attorneys. Clune and Kerr specialize in playing to the media and shaking schools down.

That's her only chance for a payday that's why she has Title IX attorneys. Clune and Kerr specialize in playing to the media and shaking schools down.
So you agree that FSU neglected their Title IX responsibilities for some long time?

Originally posted by djegators:

I think he can plead the fifth at a civil trial?

So you agree that FSU neglected their Title IX responsibilities for some long time?
I'll wait until I see the FEDs report. But you can continue to speculate.

I'll wait until I see the FEDs report. But you can continue to speculate.
Your earlier post suggests otherwise.

This was expected. She's going the easy route. She figure if she slings enough mud she can get FSU to settle before the Feds release the results of their Title IX investigation. She knows she won't get a dime from Jameis or TPD. Jameis attorneys have said if she sues him, he will countersue her and the attorneys. They don't want that. Funny how she sues the school but not her alleged rapist.
The real question all along, which seems to get more and more undeniable isn't whether Winston is guilty or not, it is whether FSU and TPD hindered the investigation and violated her rights, particularly as it applies to Title IX.

Originally posted by djegators:

I think he can plead the fifth at a civil trial?
I dunno, but he won't be the one on trial, it will be f$u

This is why the suit is against FSU, not Winston, as the "harm" or "damage" was caused by FSU's inaction rather than what she accused Winston of. Whether or not Winston assaulted her, and whether all the theories and stories about the "real reason" she went to their apartment are true of not, are not relevant in this suit. Had FSU(and TPD) conducted a proper investigation in 2013, either she would have been shown unthruthful or Winston would have been charged and/or expelled. Either way, FSU would have fulfilled their responsibilities under the law and this would have never been an issue entering the 2013 season. She has a solid case, isn't looking to settle and I am sure the revenue from the 2013 BCS title game and 2014 Rose Bowl will be the starting points as a basis for punitive damages.

Imagine drafting a guy as the face of your franchise who's former school is being sued in federal court for covering up an alleged rape committed by him.

Originally posted by Buddy Green:
This is why the suit is against FSU, not Winston, as the "harm" or "damage" was caused by FSU's inaction rather than what she accused Winston of. Whether or not Winston assaulted her, and whether all the theories and stories about the "real reason" she went to their apartment are true of not, are not relevant in this suit. Had FSU(and TPD) conducted a proper investigation in 2013, either she would have been shown unthruthful or Winston would have been charged and/or expelled. Either way, FSU would have fulfilled their responsibilities under the law and this would have never been an issue entering the 2013 season. She has a solid case, isn't looking to settle and I am sure the revenue from the 2013 BCS title game and 2014 Rose Bowl will be the starting points as a basis for punitive damages.
I think most on here would agree with this statement.

Considering counter suing is pretty common, I'm not sure why you think this would deter them.

Funny how she sues the school but not her alleged rapist.

She still can. What makes you think that she won't?

Ruh Ro:

The suit - a copy of which was obtained by the Tampa Bay Times - also alleges that a second woman "reported being raped by Winston" to a victim's advocate. "The advocate asked if Plaintiff would cooperate with and participate in disciplinary proceedings against Winston," the suit said. "Plaintiff stated that she absolutely would do so."

Ruh Ro:

The suit - a copy of which was obtained by the Tampa Bay Times - also alleges that a second woman "reported being raped by Winston" to a victim's advocate. "The advocate asked if Plaintiff would cooperate with and participate in disciplinary proceedings against Winston," the suit said. "Plaintiff stated that she absolutely would do so."
Was this case also known about by jimbo and not reported as required like the other?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT