ADVERTISEMENT

Hands in the Cookie Jar:

JasonHigdon

Bull Gator
Staff
Nov 5, 2021
Hands in the Cookie Jar:

I was told many people are “giving” advice to Dijon Johnson about where he should play his college football. DJ was committed to Ohio State for a long time – UF maintained strong relationships with him throughout the recruiting process and continued recruiting him and his family, which worked. I was told about his possibility of flipping to Florida during the Friday Night Lights weekend a couple of weeks ago and waited to bring any attention to the situation.

There was a lot of talk regarding his length of stay in Gainesville – would he show? Would he stay one or two nights? Would he visit Miami on Saturday? Heading into the weekend, no matter what anyone says, and I mean anyone – These things are scheduled, but showing up is another issue altogether. He arrived at Florida shortly after 3:30 PM on Friday with three others (one was his dad), and one was a relative who is a huge Florida State fan. The reason I know that is because he told me. Not sure who the 4th was, but I did not ask.

Not only did they stay Friday night, but they also stuck around for the BBQ on Saturday, I was told. People got a bit overly nervous about the situation when they left without announcing his public decision. He spent a long time in the office with Billy Napier and walked out, not announcing his intentions to Coach Napier at that time.

Johnson also had a meeting through FaceTime yesterday with Coach Ryan Day, and he did not tell Coach Day his intentions to rejoin the Buckeye recruiting class at that time.

Shortly after FNL, things appeared to shift back to Ohio State, so much so that it caused me to remove him from our RedZone list even though plenty of UF insiders want to maintain he ends up at Florida. It would not shock me, Florida, Miami, or Ohio State to see him announce for any of those three schools. One big constant in this seems to be Florida, but do not count out Ohio State or Miami. Some will even tell you if all things were equal; his top three in order go Ohio State, Miami, and then Florida, but we know all things are not equal, so not sure what that answer to the question even means. The other BIG constant in the Dijon Johnson recruiting process is it continues to change as the wind changes directions. I will not wait to find out who he announces for instead of who he signs with. Then and only then will this thing be a done deal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News