ADVERTISEMENT

Grier and Stidham and the impact of poorly evaluating LDR

UFDrew

Bull Gator
Nov 12, 2003
CBS has an article on top breakout players in 2017. They have Grier #1 and Stidham #2. I cringe when I read that - knowing we could have easily kept Grier if we wanted to and probably would've had a serious shot at Stidham if we'd gotten on him earlier. We dropped the ball on both of those guys in large part because of our staff's evaluation of LDR. I'd bet anything that Mac would've been a little more forgiving of a 20 year old kid caught in a lie if he didn't think he had something in LDR. Same thing on Stidham - we should've been on that kid like stink on shit, not showing up late to the party after Auburn had locked him up.

I once argued that John Brantley was the most damaging player we've had in decades. Not because he was the worst player but because he came in with enough hype and looked good enough in practice that we allowed Cam to leave and went multiple cycles without bringing in a legit prospect at the most important position on the field. LDR might be in the same conversation if Grier and Stidham end up being as good as people think.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News