ADVERTISEMENT

Graham Mertz and the positives I saw

KJGator24

Rowdy Reptile
Gold Member
Aug 21, 2020
I thought Mertz had a pretty good game all things considered. 300+ passing yards and 70% completion. Pick wasn’t on him and was getting the hell beat out of him from the poor OLine play. Play calling and design along with OL was the real issue.

Wide Receiver play has improved tremendously. Billy G has done a phenomenal job coaching up the guys. A few drops that were costly but overall that unit looks better. Wilson, Pearsall, Burke, and Douglas should be getting the vast majority of snaps. @JasonHigdon said it best Tre needs 10-12 touches a game.

Searcy and Collins looked good. I thought Castell even showed he’s going to be a very good player on several different occasions. Same went for McLellan. Shemar James played at an AA level. Overall I thought we did a nice job vs the run defensively. LB athleticism will change next year with the incoming class assuming they all stick and sign.

We need to adjust moving forward that’s obvious. Up to the head coach to change and adjust. Can’t imagine if this performance continues that Billy keeps his job past the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News