ADVERTISEMENT

Gator Spring Sports

Baseball team in trouble. Down 3-1 to 20-28 Columbia in the 3rd. Tommy Mace was totally ineffective and was relieved by Jordan Butler. Schwarz not playing, Reese starting at 2nd, Bell at 1st.

ocala, no worries mate... Bottom of the 8th, 2 on with 1 out, UF 12 - 5 Columbia.
This sucker is in the bag.... :D

Good to see Dalton get going. 6 RBI's and his first home run in over a month. Jordan Roberts was solid out of the bullpen. Settled things down until the bats got cranked up.

Washington dominating Oregon in softball right now…. Stunned !!!
I'm not surprised. Oregon has had one of the best records in college softball for the last 10 years or so, but when they get to OKC they just can't make it happen. I just want our ladies to beat UCLA to stay out of that loser's bracket. It's hot out there. 107 on the field at the beginning of the Oregon/Washington game, with 65% humidity. Nasty.

Softball that’s the reason why they need video replay at least in the World Series… UF tagged the player out at home but it was called safe… It should have been the third out… Next batter hits a HR!!!! That Umpire cost Florida 4 runs against them!!!!

Barnhill once again mentally not ready whatsoever…. She can be the best pitcher in the game but she breaks down mentally!!!!

Softball that’s the reason why they need video replay at least in the World Series… UF tagged the player out at home but it was called safe… It should have been the third out… Next batter hits a HR!!!! That Umpire cost Florida 4 runs against them!!!!

Barnhill once again mentally not ready whatsoever…. She can be the best pitcher in the game but she breaks down mentally!!!!
Barnhill gets rattled and can't get her emotions under control. Bad calls happen. It's part of the game. They got 5 runs on 1 hit. That's all on our pitcher, as great as she is.

Barnhill gets rattled and can't get her emotions under control. Bad calls happen. It's part of the game. They got 5 runs on 1 hit. That's all on our pitcher, as great as she is.

Yep but that safe call at home is another reason why even NCAA Softball needs video replay!!!! Umps can cost a team the game and he has done just that so far...

Reactions: TennesseeGator
See what I mean, that UMP is purposely throwing this game for UCLA and its BS, pure BS!!!! Now Coach Walton gets ejected!!! I swear NCAA needs to investigate this guy because there is some serious BS going on with that umpire!!!!

Softball absolutely needs video replay. And that ump was giving their pitcher calls off the outside corner the whole game. But that last inning was ridiculous. He got mad at Walton for barking at him, threw him out and then expanded the strike zone even more. However, our 3 batters in the 7th were all seniors. They knew the strike zone was big and kept taking close pitches and then swinging away in frustration. I've been saying all year that this group was too passive at the plate and it bit them tonight. The game was lost, though, in the 4th inning when they got 5 runs on 1 hit. No excuses. I don't see them battling out of the loser's bracket. They have to beat the winner of Arizona St./Oklahoma tomorrow night and then if they win that would have to beat Washington twice on Sunday just to get to the championship series. Possible, but highly doubtful.

Last edited:
Reactions: HardeeWildcatFan
Biased - Corrupt - Or merely INCOMPETENT.... (merely) :rolleyes:

Without replay, this kind of CHIT will never end. :mad:

Also, the technology exists to call/show the strike zone. They badly need to use it.

Otherwise why even bother to play the game,,, just ask the Ump who he thinks won the game, and then move on to him handing out the trophies.... o_O

Biased - Corrupt - Or merely INCOMPETENT.... (merely) :rolleyes:

Without replay, this kind of CHIT will never end. :mad:

Also, the technology exists to call/show the strike zone. They badly need to use it.

Otherwise why even bother to play the game,,, just ask the Ump who he thinks won the game, and then move on to him handing out the trophies.... o_O

I agree they need replays. We got shafted against Washington costing 2-3 runs.

Just watched FSU get swept out of its home regional by an MSU 3 run walk off hr. First runs of the game on pitch 130 for the starter with the bullpen warmed up and Mike Martin confusedly doddering on the top step. So I got a kick out of that.

Reactions: mcanes
Just watched FSU get swept out of its home regional by an MSU 3 run walk off hr. First runs of the game on pitch 130 for the starter with the bullpen warmed up and Mike Martin confusedly doddering on the top step. So I got a kick out of that.
There's almost nothing I like better than watching the Noles get their hearts ripped out. That walk-off by Miss. St. on FSU's field was awesome, especially after FSU got beat by SAMFORD last night. Another year that the winningest college baseball coach of all time doesn't win his 1st natty. Warms my cockles!! :):)

Mike Martin is a choker. 2 and Q in only a regional where your the host. That is pretty bad.

Softball season over. OK beat us 2-0 on a Paige Parker 2-hitter. Gators showed no life tonight and went very quietly. Good season, tough ending.

Last edited:
Well a great year for the Lady Gators but Brandon Bluhm will be an enemy of all Gator fans for the rest of his natural life. He’s the home plate umpire from the UCLA game. If there’s a way to rip a heart apart he knows how to do just that. To be honest I did not expect UF to even get this far by the way they started swinging the bats towards the end of the regular season.

In other news FSU!!! What a Choker Team two years in a row!!!

Reactions: instaGATOR
Wise Seminoles know not to get their hopes up when it comes to our baseball team, so I don't think anyone can really rip our hearts out any more. We've all become numb to the crap we saw today...which is sad.

But our girls are playing softball for at least a few hours longer than your girls, so we have that going for us.

Baseball team just beat Jacksonville 3-2. Singer goes 7 innings to get the win, Michael Byrne gets his 14th save of the year, 33rd of his career. Solo HR's from India, Dalton & Girand. Either JU or FAU will have to try to beat us twice starting Sunday at 6 pm. Kowar on the mound.

Pretty good game from the Gators, I thought. Made some big plays in the field, including two dps and Singer trucking the guy trying to score on a suicide squeeze. Good pitching from Singer and Byrne and the big bats showed up. Gators had at least 4 hard hit balls right at guys and Langworthy was robbed of a HR.

Looks like FAU tonight. Their bats are pretty hot. They’ve used a lot of pitchers. If all else fails you would think our pitching depth would be the difference. Hopefully Kowar comes out and pitches like he has most of the year and we don’t even get into all that.

Another weather delay when it is sunny skies in Gainesville right now! Makes no sense. Also not sure why the game didn’t start at 10am if they were so concerned about the weather. This also gives the UF baseball team 1 less day of rest for the Supers assuming we get there.

Another weather delay when it is sunny skies in Gainesville right now! Makes no sense. Also not sure why the game didn’t start at 10am if they were so concerned about the weather. This also gives the UF baseball team 1 less day of rest for the Supers assuming we get there.

I imagine some of it is UF trying to make sure we don't start and have to pull Kowar on an early inning rain delay. But yeah, this is going to start to eat into our rest and prep time for the supers (presuming we get there), particularly if we have to play a double header, which could take all week at this pace.

As an Auburn fan, I would like to believe these delays will help us. Kowar struggled against Auburn during the regular season even on full rest. Now he will likelly face Auburn in the super regionals on something less than full rest

As an Auburn fan, I would like to believe these delays will help us. Kowar struggled against Auburn during the regular season even on full rest. Now he will likelly face Auburn in the Super Regionals on something less than full rest
Yeah, I was not wanting to face Auburn in the Supers. Gators have not been playing well the last month and the Tigers are really good. Singer outdueled Mize in Game 1 before, but that could have gone either way. Kowar was not good in Game 2 and he's not been real consistent with his starts. The 2 bullpen pitchers that game were ineffective, too. Sometimes Kowar is great, sometimes not so much. If you don't get him early, he's usually very good. And in the 3rd game we blew Auburn out in Jack Leftwich's 1st start against an SEC team in which he was really good after the 1st inning. Would much rather have faced an NC Sate team that has not seen us yet. Plus the ACC seems to have been overrated this year the way their teams have tanked in the Regionals.

As an Auburn fan, I would like to believe these delays will help us. Kowar struggled against Auburn during the regular season even on full rest. Now he will likelly face Auburn in the super regionals on something less than full rest

I didn't realize ohs stood for Auburn.

Baseball team taking it on the chin vs. FAU. Down 7-3 in the 9th. Kowar was terrible, as was the defense. Plus they started their closer, who had only thrown 26 innings all year. But because he's a sidewinder with a weird delivery and throws a lot of sliders and off speed pitches, we never made any adjustments and didn't looked good hitting either. Maybe they'll win the 2nd game, but I'm nervous. I've been saying over and over, this baseball team has not played well the last 5 weeks and I've had my doubts about them going far this year. Hope they prove me wrong, but you just can't run the switch like some think.

Suprised that Florida lost, but I am also surprised they are starting another game this late. Obviously want to avoid this dragging over into tomorrow at all cost

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT