ADVERTISEMENT

For the Flawduh crackas

Dang, no good ole boys round here? Sad to see from the home of Skynyrd.
We can only listen to the same songs for so long. Music died at least 20 years ago. I'm not familiar with the guy, The garbage put out these days passing for music is a sad sack, I've distanced myself from the "music" industry. If only Itunes were still around, I'd pirate 10,000 songs from the 70's to around 2000 and never turn a radio on.

Reactions: goldmom
Son I never heard of Chicken and Waffles and neither did my Mama who was from North Carolina.
1) I'm not your son
2) I don't know what you having heard of it has to do with the price of tea in China. It's really good when done right. Best I've ever had was in NOLA.

• Haha
Reactions: Mdfgator
1) I'm not your son
2) I don't know what you having heard of it has to do with the price of tea in China. It's really good when done right. Best I've ever had was in NOLA.
It's definitely not a Florida Cracker thing. I have heard of it, but never seen it done. Now pear salad is a different thing. :cool:

20230404200946-pearsalad7.jpeg

Reactions: LordofallSocks
what do you call a northerner that self identifies as a southerner?????
As someone born in Jeff Davis Hospital in Houston and raised in southeast TX, southern AZ, northern FL, southern IL, northern NJ, eastern MA, and resides in the middle of the Carolinas, I call myself an All-American. You should get out more and explore.

We can only listen to the same songs for so long. Music died at least 20 years ago. I'm not familiar with the guy, The garbage put out these days passing for music is a sad sack, I've distanced myself from the "music" industry. If only Itunes were still around, I'd pirate 10,000 songs from the 70's to around 2000 and never turn a radio on.
Well, he's a fellow Gators alum and the place looks chill.

Reactions: NavigatorII
Carpetbagger?
I gotta keep repeating myself the 24 years I've been on here under various alias, haha:

As someone born in Jeff Davis Hospital in Houston and raised in southeast TX, southern AZ, northern FL, southern IL, northern NJ, eastern MA, and resides in the middle of the Carolinas, I call myself an All-American. You should get out more and explore.

I'm trying to figure out how maple syrup and chicken mesh together? Sounds weird AF, like a yankee trying to figure out how and what to put on grits.:oops:
It depends on a few things. But generally the syrup is usually spicier, or the chicken has some kick.

Think of it like a base that you build on.

The cafe in NOLA put it over creole seasoned mashed potatoes with really spicy syrup, very crispy waffle.

It was amazing, my wife was so mad she got something else.

It depends on a few things. But generally the syrup is usually spicier, or the chicken has some kick.

The cafe in NOLA put it over creole seasoned mashed potatoes with really spicy syrup, very crispy waffle.

I'd try it. I'll try anything for a taste except grasshoppers and liver though.

That sounds more like dinner or supper but not breakfast.

• Wow
Reactions: nail1988
She was from Pitt County. Ayden.
She and my Dad had a place for a while in Shallotte near the coast and not far north of the SC line.
We drove through the Shallote area on our way to Topsail Island a couple of years ago. Southeast NC is the only place in the world where the Venus Fly Trap grows in the wild.

Reactions: goldmom
For those in the back:

Do I have to give you my TED talk about how many continents I've been on again?

I worked at Union CI in the hole and Death Row for 6 years. Your move, Chief.
Wait a cotton pickin' minute here, are you evilgator or whatever that screen name is/was that I haven't seen in a while who is/was a CO? Either way, I ain't shaking the tree boss any more, haha.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT