ADVERTISEMENT

Folks - I cant believe this, but sharing anyway...

I never said anything about Pruitt. As far as him and Muschamp I guess my position would be they are better than getting a Roper level coordinator.

You've never said anything about ANYBODY.

Just this same old "we can't get an elite dc" but yet I haven't heard you name any.

Same old same old.

I never said anything about Pruitt. As far as him and Muschamp I guess my position would be they are better than getting a Roper level coordinator.
Can you list the DCs you would rather have than Pruitt or Muschamp? I mean you make these two sound like they are slightly better than average when they are likely the two best college DCs out there.

Can you list the DCs you would rather have than Pruitt or Muschamp? I mean you make these two sound like they are slightly better than average when they are likely the two best college DCs out there.

He doesn't even have a list.

I'm sure he's going to say Venables or some nonsense. Maybe Grinch.

he doesn't have a real argument. This is just like his whole "recruiting ends in August" thing.

He lives off of tropes. If tropes were true. Then Mullen wouldn't have come here in the first place because it was the first time a current SEC head coach moved directly to another SEC school was 1998 with Tuberville leaving Ole Miss for Auburn.

But like-and-behold. Mullen made the move 20 years after the last time it happened.

Pretty sure Fever wanted Chip Kelly.

Yep that guy has a real good rep as a recruiter also.
He's 35 years old and gave up 38 to FSU.

28 to Toledo and Virginia Tech

34 to North Carolina.

24 to Cincinnati.

Some of those, like Cincy and Toledo, we're in South Bend.

He's elite?

and your Wisconsin boy? He gave up 41 points to this same Notre Dame team.

It's too much to get into and you clearly aren't listening and want to believe Bama got what they deserved. So not gonna waste more time on this.

If you want to educate yourself on the people and players involved, here's some links:

Im not saying anything other than everything pretty much fell in line. I honestly was hoping all (mostly UT and UGA) would have their business come to light. I wasn't pulling for Bama "to fall to the NCAA" I'm pretty much saying look at what happened.

- Milton Kirk and Lynn Lang are pretty much non existent in the high school coaching ranks after this happened.
-Why in the world would a Memphis high school coach have any care whatsoever on where am Etalla, Alabama Running Back go to college?
-Redneck Cottrell never (as best as I can remember) never touched a college(of any level) campus as even a position coach ever again. He really did become a speaker for a pyramid scheme company 🤣
- Hal Mumme pretty much became nothing but a memory.
- Mike Debose had a huge fall of grace and besides high school his only was being a DL coach on probably the worst Memphis Tiger team ever in the long tradition of bad Memphis football and thats saying a lot.
-Logan Young was completely disassociated by the the University of Alabama. Rarely any college football program disassocistes a booster just for the hell of it.
- Roy Adams we found out was a weird cat with a weird fetish for young athletes.
- Gary Parrish is about the only one in this saga who ended up better off. Well Albert Means as well. He graduated and earned a master's. Tim Thompson ended up ok.

- although thanks for the trip down memory lane it's not all that important to me. Why do I need to read something about Jackie Sherrill and also the University of Miami?

Pruitt is a great recruiter and I don't know why you're hung up on him at Bama.

he was the DB coach until he left for the FSU DC job in 2013 and won a national title. He came back as the Bama DC in 16 and 17.

Porkchop is really good, as much as I hate to say it.
I honestly am not hung up at what Pruitt did at Bama in any capacity.

All I stated was Brett has been successful at Clemson and Clemson has been successful with Brett. .

I said Pork Chop sucked as a HC. Had losing seasons and even cheated while losing.

Many position coaches and coordinators are good in that capacity but end up not being good HC's.

I don't want Brett Venerables to be our HC.

All I asked, do you not think Venerables could be successful as a DC at Bama coordinating all that talent Bama has every year? Do you think Pork Chop could be as successful at Clemson? Maybe he could, who knows? All I know with or without Pruitt, Bama keeps on Bama-ing. Clemson, who knows could or could not be as successful without Venerables?

As @GhostOfMatchesMalone asked if Bob Stoops is credited for Spurrier's lone title win? I mean for the most part, yes. I think had Spurrier stayed at UF longer he possibly could have won one more Natty. I think Spurs had a hell of a run at UF but looking at the grand scheme of things he won his lone title with Stoops as DC. Saban and Meyer always surround themselves with talented assistants both have won at multiple places with different assistants. They are in on a different level. Dabo has only been at one place. No idea what he could do with a different DC. No idea what he could do elsewhere. We have seen though it wasn't Chad Morris who is credited with Dabo's success. I remember many saying he was "the man" behind Clemson's offensive success a few years back.

Actual Bama fan here. Our defenses were better with Pruitt as DC than anyone in my lifetime.
That's fine. I'm sure he is a great DC. Never once denied he wasn't. FSU fans on this board liked him as well. All I said is he wasn't a good HC. The dude you love to hate Kirby Smart is 88 times the HC Pruitt could ever be. That's proven.

An actual Clemson fan can come on here and tell me Brett Venerables is the best DC they have had in their lifetime. What does that prove?

Has Bama not won a national title before, during, and after Pruitt? Yes or No only? Cool, point proven. You just talking in some circles now.

That's fine. I'm sure he is a great DC. Never once denied he wasn't. FSU fans on this board liked him as well. All I said is he wasn't a good HC. The dude you love to hate Kirby Smart is 88 times the HC Pruitt could ever be. That's proven.
And no one is arguing that point with you.

Pruitt is an outstanding DC and horrible HC. No one here is debating either point, are they?

All I said was I want him as my DC. That apparently upset you and you pointed out that he was a shit HC. Ok, no one was claiming otherwise LOL

And no one is arguing that point with you.

Pruitt is an outstanding DC and horrible HC. No one here is debating either point, are they?

All I said was I want him as my DC. That apparently upset you and you pointed out that he was a shit HC. Ok, no one was claiming otherwise LOL
I didn't even bring the potato head mofo into the conservation.

All I did was say Brett Venerables was a great DC and the conservation went array.

All I did was say Brett Venerables was a great DC and the conservation went array.
Of course Venebles is a great DC. I was replying to the guy saying why not hire him for HC, I said that's ridiculous, then somehow Pruitt sucking as a HC got dragged into this.

Pruitt and Venebles are both elite DCs. Pruitt is proven to be a trainwreck at HC. I suspect Veneables would be as well, and I suspect other schools suspect the same thing and that's why he hasn't been hired anywhere else.

You seem to think Veneables might be a good HC. More power to you.

The best part is of all the potato head mofos in the world, he actually looks the part, haha, like if one googled potato head mofo pics his resemblance would come up 🤣

Of course Venebles is a great DC. I was replying to the guy saying why not hire him for HC, I said that's ridiculous, then somehow Pruitt sucking as a HC got dragged into this.

Pruitt and Venebles are both elite DCs. Pruitt is proven to be a trainwreck at HC. I suspect Veneables would be as well, and I suspect other schools suspect the same thing and that's why he hasn't been hired anywhere else.

I did not say Venerables would be a good HC.

All I said is Venerables is probably the unofficial HCIW at Clemson. Although he is close in age as Dabo I do believe Dabo will try other things. What other things? Hell who knows but others such as Spurrier, Stoops, and a handful here and there left schools while having plenty more in the tank.

I said Venerables is probably the unofficial HCIW because he has stayed at Clemson so long. You went in on how he was interested in other SEC jobs mainly UT. I basically Phil really screwed the pooch with his hire of Pruitt as HC. Then the thread went crazy after that and even went into the Lynn Lang fiasco, Phil blowing the whistle, etc.

Basically we agree but arguing to argue. Pruitt and Venerables are great DC. Neither are probably HC material. Phil sucks and cheats, and Logan Young (RIP) was a.dumnfvck.

I did not say Venerables would be a good HC.

All I said is Venerables is probably the unofficial HCIW at Clemson. Although he is close in age as Dabo I do believe Dabo will try other things. What other things? Hell who knows but others such as Spurrier, Stoops, and a handful here and there left schools while having plenty more in the tank.

I said Venerables is probably the unofficial HCIW because he has stayed at Clemson so long. You went in on how he was interested in other SEC jobs mainly UT. I basically Phil really screwed the pooch with his hire of Pruitt as HC. Then the thread went crazy after that and even went into the Lynn Lang fiasco, Phil blowing the whistle, etc.
Gotcha. I've heard Venebles has tried to get interest from other jobs and they really didn't care. Tennessee was a prime example.

I think we both/all can agree that he's an elite DC, and elite DCs typically get job offers. He stays at Clemson, so either he's getting those offers and staying (supports your HCIW theory), or he's not getting those offers cause other jobs don't want to hire him.

Guess we'll never know. I do know if my school tells me we are hiring Pruitt or Veneables as our next coach, I may pick another hobby.

If Pruitt is still so great, why is he out of CFB, toiling away in anonymity in NY? Because he’s a train wreck and fvcks up every place he goes. I wanted Kirby to hire him, but he went with Mel instead. Kirby knows better than me. Pruitt was good but all the drinking and rage episodes caught up to him.

If Pruitt is still so great, why is he out of CFB, toiling away in anonymity in NY? Because he’s a train wreck and fvcks up every place he goes. I wanted Kirby to hire him, but he went with Mel instead. Kirby knows better than me. Pruitt was good but all the drinking and rage episodes caught up to him.

Lol okay. Par for the course. You would make a great Yellow Journalist.

throw logic and facts out the door but go with the sensational.

Do you know Pork Chop?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT