ADVERTISEMENT

Florida vs. Tennessee game day thread

Pretty nice breakdown of the play HERE.

Also, watch the play again and notice Fullwood come speeding into the play. Almost catches Callaway. Dude has wheels. If we can just get him to run better routes, etc.

Also, in addition to the DE shadowing Grier, the OLB on that side just stands there too. Seems like he should have at least backed up to the 1st down maker to make the QB throw over him if he went that way. UT basically had two players not involved in the play.

This win is like the '07 game against LSU when Les Miles went for it on 4th down a bunch of times and they got it every time!...Great win for this program. Go Gators!

The difference was LSU had a total of 11 yards to pick up in their five 4th downs while the Gators had 37 yards.

The difference was LSU had a total of 11 yards to pick up in their five 4th downs while the Gators had 37 yards.
Yep. I read the same thing. Much more improbable the way we did it.

Can't rely on that going forward. I am not sure there is one element of our team that is reliable. Not the offense, not the defense and not special teams.

But I will take 4-0 with the possibility for more.

Seeing Dollie alum and Bammer homer Saul Fire-bomb wearing a Gator jersy and doing the Gator Chomp on his SEC show was almost as sweet as beating tennis-sea for the 11th time in a row. Was LMAO!!! :D

Running his mouth about what the Gators could and couldn't do sure cost him that time... :cool:

Interesting read HERE...a very good blog by Will's Father about the game. There may be a reason Will is so good on 4th down:

He got hot. He completed passes on three fourth-down plays for first downs. For those who know Will and Davidson Day football, this is no surprise. His high school coach did not like to punt and often asked Will to make a play to extend drives on fourth downs. In the state championship game his junior year, Will hit Aaron Seward (a wide receiver at Carson-Newman) for a 67-yard touchdown on fourth-and-33. My friend and coach Dave Serepca often asked me: Would you rather Will punt or throw it? I like our chances when he throws it.

Reactions: instaGATOR
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT