ADVERTISEMENT

Florida/Vandy Game

MJWilliamson

Bull Gator
Apr 23, 2007
The wife and I will be headed up to Nashville shortly to take in the Vandy game. hope to bring home a win.

UF is 63-65 all-time vs. Vanderbilt but has won seven of the past nine meetings. The Gators are 17-45 all-time at Vanderbilt.

Vandy is a tough gym. If we win there, we might really be making a run at this tourney. Hope you have a fun trip MJ, my overwrought rebuttal to your criticism of Kasey Hill notwithstanding.

OK, MJ, looking forward to your report. I'm real curious bout their gym, I hear it's a really strange set-up. It's tough for the visiting team to win there, hope the Gators can pull it off.

We lived in Nashville for several years and I saw a dozen or so games in the Vandy gym. It is unique but not in a good way IMHO.

Reactions: sadgator
What a god-awful shooting performance. Their bigs just hammered us. They had help from the refs, but our bigs got destroyed.

Tough loss but better get over it quickly with WVU up next.

Hope you enjoyed your trip to Nashville, OP.

Good win for the Dores, we played ho hum but got good performances from Baldwin and Jones. Both teams shot it poorly.

About the refs, not sure about that, but I know how fans are when it comes to a stat line. Baldwin and Jones created a lot of fouls and I'm not sure which ones weren't fouls. Those two shot 25 of those 33.

This is my third time going to the game in that arena. First time I have watched a loss there.

The officiating not with standing, we could not buy a point in the first half. Awful, awful shooting. And the turnovers? My goodness. When did DFS start traveling on uncontested moves to the basket? Chiozza had a bad first half too. Very little ball movement and had some TOs too. He had a much better second half.

Hill was Hill. Two turnovers, no assists. Two clutch 3 pointers. A couple of easy layups missed. That is who he is. That is what he is. He will never get better.

White made some head scratching decisions. I understand playing backups for Egbunu when he got into foul trouble. And to White's credit, he rode Egbunu until he fouled out. However, he played Walker far too much instead of Robinson when Leaon went down. BTW, that blow that concussed Leon was an obvious foul missed. We earned all our fouls. Very few ticky tack calls on us. But the refs really called an uneven game. They let Vandy play far more physically, especially rebounding and inside.

Back to Walker and Robonson. Both had the same minutes and the same points. Which is to say neither scored. But Robinson can rebound when he is not scoring. And when he gets hot he can score. Plus unlike Walker, Robinson is good at the line. Can you believe a college player at this level airballs a free throw? Seriously? Robinson needed to be in the game far more than Walker. And while Allen played 30 minutes, we were down virtually the whole game and we needed another scorer on the floor for more minutes. White still has a LOT of learning to do.

Just a bad overall effort by the players and the coaches.

White made some head scratching decisions. I understand playing backups for Egbunu when he got into foul trouble. And to White's credit, he rode Egbunu until he fouled out. However, he played Walker far too much instead of Robinson when Leaon went down. BTW, that blow that concussed Leon was an obvious foul missed. We earned all our fouls. Very few ticky tack calls on us. But the refs really called an uneven game. They let Vandy play far more physically, especially rebounding and inside.

This could not be further from the truth. It was nowhere even close to a foul on any level and under any circumstance. Go back and rewatch it on replay and if you still think it's a foul, go get your head checked.

There isn't a reasonable person on this planet that would call a player's head running into another player's arm a foul.

This could not be further from the truth. It was nowhere even close to a foul on any level and under any circumstance. Go back and rewatch it on replay and if you still think it's a foul, go get your head checked.

There isn't a reasonable person on this planet that would call a player's head running into another player's arm a foul.
The jails are full of guys that claim someone's head ran into their arm. I was right in front of the play.

The jails are full of guys that claim someone's head ran into their arm. I was right in front of the play.

Wow and lol.

Go back and watch it and get back to me with an apology.

If you are a rational person, you will realize how offbase you are.

No worries though and I'm glad you made it to the game. I have plenty of Gator friends and all are very good folks!

Vandy did a good job of getting the ball low to draw contact, but we were in the paint all the time too and never got the same calls. Robinson must be hurt worse than everyone realizes. There is no other explanation for Walker getting all those minutes. Robinson was almost averaging a double double early in the season, and he hardly plays anymore. He's either hurt or White hates him for some reason.

Vandy did a good job of getting the ball low to draw contact, but we were in the paint all the time too and never got the same calls. Robinson must be hurt worse than everyone realizes. There is no other explanation for Walker getting all those minutes. Robinson was almost averaging a double double early in the season, and he hardly plays anymore. He's either hurt or White hates him for some reason.
I do not hope that Robinson might be injured, but if it is true then it does explain why White is playing Walker so much.

As to the fouls, I have no problem with the ones the refs called on the Gators. From where I was sitting, most of them were earned, as we tried to play physical. But Vandy was allowed to play physical and get away with it.

That is not why we lost. We makes some of those wide open shots, and we win this game, maybe easily.

Out of the country so I couldn't watch the game but from reading the posts, I thought we were beaten to a pulp. I just read 60-59. If we played that bad and lost by a point, we may win quite a few more games. Let's see what happens the next two games.

Wow and lol.

Go back and watch it and get back to me with an apology.

If you are a rational person, you will realize how offbase you are.

No worries though and I'm glad you made it to the game. I have plenty of Gator friends and all are very good folks!
Refs were fine, but your boy Jones has lived in foul trouble this year...fouled out 3 times and 6 other games 4 fouls....somehow he managed to improve and stay out of trouble against us....In the first half we missed several wide open looks and Vandy played tough D. In the second half we still played poorly and managed to put up 40 points...as to the elbow that gave Leon a concussion, it was not intentional, but it was a foul. Any elbow to the face is a foul, just not flagrant.

Out of the country so I couldn't watch the game but from reading the posts, I thought we were beaten to a pulp. I just read 60-59. If we played that bad and lost by a point, we may win quite a few more games. Let's see what happens the next two games.
We played pretty bad and still managed to hang around on the road.....at least we gave a good effort most of the game.

My only complaint about White was he left Allen on the bench way too long late in the game. We had a 5:03 stretch late in the game where we did not score and meanwhile Allen was over on the pine. It was a total of 6:23 he sat before White sent him in for the final 3 and change I believe.

Refs were fine, but your boy Jones has lived in foul trouble this year...fouled out 3 times and 6 other games 4 fouls....somehow he managed to improve and stay out of trouble against us....In the first half we missed several wide open looks and Vandy played tough D. In the second half we still played poorly and managed to put up 40 points...as to the elbow that gave Leon a concussion, it was not intentional, but it was a foul. Any elbow to the face is a foul, just not flagrant.

They reviewed it and determined otherwise. Not sure why some of you think you know the rules better than Tony Greene? Fans will believe what they want to believe.

I agree on Jones, I thought they could have called 1-2 more fouls on him. He has had some bad fortune with refs this year and he's been working very hard to figure out how to play without fouling. He's very good when he is allowed to play (20/12 last night).

They reviewed it and determined otherwise. Not sure why some of you think you know the rules better than Tony Greene? Fans will believe what they want to believe.

I agree on Jones, I thought they could have called 1-2 more fouls on him. He has had some bad fortune with refs this year and he's been working very hard to figure out how to play without fouling. He's very good when he is allowed to play (20/12 last night).
They reviewed to make sure it wasn't a flagrant foul, not whether it was a normal fouls They can't suddenly decide its a foul from the review, only whether flagrant.. Not sure why you Vandy fans don't understand the rules, oh wait, you're Vandy fans....

Reactions: MJWilliamson
They reviewed to make sure it wasn't a flagrant foul, not whether it was a normal fouls They can't suddenly decide its a foul from the review, only whether flagrant.. Not sure why you Vandy fans don't understand the rules, oh wait, you're Vandy fans....

^Potato homer.

This is one of the most special arguments I've ever seen.

We were behind double digits most of the game. We did make it competitive at the end. But the last three was with less than 5 seconds left

My only complaint about White was he left Allen on the bench way too long late in the game. We had a 5:03 stretch late in the game where we did not score and meanwhile Allen was over on the pine. It was a total of 6:23 he sat before White sent him in for the final 3 and change I believe.
I was thinking the same thing at the same time

This is my third time going to the game in that arena. First time I have watched a loss there.

The officiating not with standing, we could not buy a point in the first half. Awful, awful shooting. And the turnovers? My goodness. When did DFS start traveling on uncontested moves to the basket? Chiozza had a bad first half too. Very little ball movement and had some TOs too. He had a much better second half.

Hill was Hill. Two turnovers, no assists. Two clutch 3 pointers. A couple of easy layups missed. That is who he is. That is what he is. He will never get better.

Back to Walker and Robonson. Both had the same minutes and the same points. Which is to say neither scored. But Robinson can rebound when he is not scoring. And when he gets hot he can score. Plus unlike Walker, Robinson is good at the line. Can you believe a college player at this level airballs a free throw? Seriously? Robinson needed to be in the game far more than Walker. And while Allen played 30 minutes, we were down virtually the whole game and we needed another scorer on the floor for more minutes. White still has a LOT of learning to do.

Just a bad overall effort by the players and the coaches.

I agree with you on Robinson and Allen, they both should have played more, esp. Allen. When you're behind you need a scorer in the game, but I didn't think our effort was bad, I thought we competed pretty well. Obviously the execution was poor. It was a sloppy game from the start. Vandy was pre-season #2 in SEC, IMO they're not that good, we'll get 'em when they come to Gainesville.

So are you saying it's not a foul, that Leon "rammed" his head into the Vandy player's elbow, LOL. It was not intentional, it was not flagrant, but it was a foul.

This basketball team goes as DFS goes. If he's on and having a good game then the team plays well. If he's struggling then so does the team.

This just goes to show that some Vandy fans are either the worst trollers on the internet, or they are just a stupid as most FSU fans

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT