ADVERTISEMENT

Florida @ Utah - 8/31 @ 8pm...

McNeese St. lost to powerful Tarleton St. 52-34 in their opening game. This should be a pure romp and a chance for everybody, especially Max Brown, to get some real game experience.

I hope we run the ball 75% of the time before the starters are pulled to get the reps in and throw some bombs in the other 25%. Also we need to give Wilson some more touches. He is probably our biggest potential weapon on offense even as a true freshman.

JMOHO's, as always.... 🤓

The Gators did not score their only touchdown in the 11-24 loss until just nine minutes remained in the game with Utah (24-3) loosening up some on defense. And the TD was not the result of a great throw by the QB, it was the result of a Randy Moss-est reception by Douglas.

Making his Gators debut, QB Graham Mertz became the fourth Florida quarterback in program history with 300 yards passing, 30 completions and a 70% completion percentage in a game, joining Rex Grossman (2002 vs. Georgia), Tim Tebow (2010 vs. Cincinnati) and Kyle Trask (three times).
Random True-ism -- You can wear the prettiest dress to the ball (333), but if you trip and fall on your face (11-24), nobody is going to remember or GaS about your pretty dress....🙄

Anyone that doesn't understand that a DT-QB has a better chance of TEAM success than a PP-QB, when playing behind a less talented or young inexperienced OL, is not the sharpest tool in the box.

Any OC/QB's coach that can't get 2 QB's ready to play is insufficient for his job.
Spurrier, Meyer, and Whittingham are not in that coaching category, is Napier?

"Week 2’s match up not only marks the first-ever meeting between Florida and McNeese on the gridiron, but also the Gators’ first-ever football game against a Southland Conference opponent." -- Florida’s 33-straight wins in home openers leads the NCAA.

As crappy as the Gator's have been recently, they have outscored FCS teams, 205-69 ,since 2019 while averaging 51.3 points per game. In Florida’s most-recent FCS match up vs. Eastern Washington in 2022, 81 different Gators saw game action as Florida erupted for 666 total yards, which marked the sixth-most yards in a single game in program history.

The Gators should be able to beat mighty McNeese State while sleep-walking.

That said, I have a suggestion to keep this season from becoming yet another losing season disaster.

Play QB-pp Mertz in the 1st Quarter, because he still needs the practice reps.
Play QB-dt Brown in the 2nd Quarter.

Play QB-pp Leon in the 3rd Quarter.
Play QB-dt Leise in the 4th Quarter.
Send Miller out for coffee and donuts...
Then on Sunday morning, decide your QB groupings for the rest of the season.

The iG's projected QB starters: Mertz-PP & Brown-DT
The iG's projected QB backups: Leon-PP & Liese-DT

In games use the QB-dt's on roll out run/pitch/pass options, while you spend the needed time across the season to get the OL/TE/RB up to competitive speed with their blocking assignments.

When you've got quality players sitting on the bench rotting, you're not getting the best, or the most productive TEAM output that's available to you. So far the W/L record IMO, is primarily on the coaching staff and their combined group decisions.....

PS
"Do you believe?! Behind an unbelievable performance from Shedeur Sanders — son of Colorado head coach Deion Sandersthe unranked Buffaloes went to Fort Worth and shocked #16 TCU with a 45-42 upset victory in Week 1. The new Colorado quarterback completed 38 of 47 pass attempts for 510 yards and four touchdowns."

I guess someone forgot to tell Neon Deon that you can't overhaul 80+ players on your new team's roster, and still be competitive in your 1st season, because it's got to take years to become competitive..... 🙄

Last edited:
You would think with the 1000 member staff that the guy would have more than enough time to get stuff done…maybe he is just a micro-manager…if so, also not good.

He’s probably making coffee for the grounds crew and blowing up floats for the Heavener Center pool every morning by himself…lol

F5NF_mIWgAA8ni4

McNeese gave up over 50 points to some team I never heard of before called Tarleton State.
Former UK coach Hal Mumme played there; that’s how I’ve heard of them. We had one of our former players go there via the portal a year or two ago.

My wife has an undergraduate degree from McNeese and I have an MBA from there. Back in the 90s / early 2000s McNeese was one of the top FCS schools. As recently as 2-3 years ago, they took Nebraska to the wire and frankly coulda shoulda beat them.

Alarm bells should be going off if the Gators don’t win by at least 30-35.

• Wow
Reactions: Gator Fever
I love how you think you've become the board authority on right and wrong....

Just following the example you've set....nice game by Emory against powerhouse Eastern KY...way tougher to play at home vs EKU than go on the road against the national runner up...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
Well, we didn't lose by 3 TD's to Duke so we got that going for us, haha, first time Duke beat a top ten ranked team since ole boy Spurrier was coaching there, and Spurrier was at the game last night with last time conference champs 1989 players. Dabo shoulda kept playing the Ukelele instead of hitting up da Klub.

Last edited:
An excellent measure of when a college football program is completely off the rails, is when a coach’s spouse starts admonishing the team’s fan base on social media…

Yep she would have been better off just ignoring the stuff. That is the nuttiest crap I have ever heard for STs coaching though. It makes me think Napier might have illusions he is a lot smarter than he actually is.

Just following the example you've set....nice game by Emory against powerhouse Eastern KY...way tougher to play at home vs EKU than go on the road against the national runner up...
CG1, Imitation is the highest form of flattery..... 🤓 ---------- 😁

But as an afterthought that didn't occur to me initially,,,,,
Napier ran off Jones and Henderson to Cincy, while taking Miller and Pearsall in the portal....

I'm just not smart enough to know if that was a good football swap or not?

Napier ran off Jones and Henderson to Cincy, while taking Miller and Pearsall in the portal....

Pearsall is the only reason we have some receiving yards.

What did Whittemore do on UCF with all the yards they had?

Alarm bells should be going off if the Gators don’t win by at least 30-35.

Games vs McNeeseSt type opponents is not at all about the score or the win spread. 🤓
The smart coaching move IMO, is to use the game to develop and evaluate your entire roster.

I'd rather win by 10 playing the entire roster, than waste the opportunity by running up the score with the starters to win by 50....
🙄

Games vs McNeeseSt type opponents is not at all about the score or the win spread. 🤓
The smart coaching move IMO, is to use the game to develop and evaluate your entire roster.

I'd rather win by 10 playing the entire roster, than waste the opportunity by running up the score with the starters to win by 50....
🙄

You think Napier gives Miller a lot of snaps?

• Haha
Pearsall is the only reason we have some receiving yards.

What did Whittemore do on UCF with all the yards they had?

1. Pearsall - 8 receptions for 92 Yds, 0 TD's
Douglass 4/42, Burke 2/61, Wilson 2/24 = 8 Combined receptions for 127 Yds, 1 YD
🤓

2. Irrelevant to me. Whittemore is no longer a Gator.
I don't follow him or GaS about him or UCF.
🙄

Last edited:
You think Napier gives Miller a lot of snaps?
Don't know anymore, what Billy might do with his team???

Maybe he'll just split the reps between his portal M&M boyz and RUTS?
IF,,, he did that, it would tell us some more about his coaching abilities....
😎

The article on special teams he says the double number penalty was a result of: “a really, really unique situation in the game that required us to have three personnel groups ready to go," Napier said. "Also, we've got third down grouping in defense on the field. We have a rush team because we're in the tweener area between kicker, field goal team out, or their punter runs on the field, right?”

Really, really unique situation? Does he mean 4th and 4 close to midfield? Errrrrr…. That happens a fair amount coach. Might want to be ready for that one.

• Haha
Reactions: sadgator

I really liked Jones, but he stunk it up at ASU last year and has transferred again....so sounds like the kid is searching and not getting run off by anyone. I wish Henderson had stayed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT