ADVERTISEMENT

Felipe Franks

TennesseeGator

Bull Gator
May 29, 2001
Memphis, TN
Does Mullen pull magic and develop this kid into a descent QB?

Or does Mullen pull a Meyer and have him move to another position like a few have done under them or recruited by them (Trey Burton, Jordan Reed, Fayson, CI) ? Or does Franks transfer?

I do know, I seriously doubt LDR will ever sniff the field again as starting UF QB unless injuries happen to about 4 other QB's. I just doubt Mullen will waste his time with him.

But it will be interesting to see how the journey goes with Franks.

Does Mullen pull magic and develop this kid into a descent QB?

Or does Mullen pull a Meyer and have him move to another position like a few have done under them or recruited by them (Trey Burton, Jordan Reed, Fayson, CI) ? Or does Franks transfer?

I do know, I seriously doubt LDR will ever sniff the field again as starting UF QB unless injuries happen to about 4 other QB's. I just doubt Mullen will waste his time with him.

But it will be interesting to see how the journey goes with Franks.
LDR is gone. He already said he isn’t coming back. I think Mullen tries to recruit over Franks as quickly as possible whether that is Corral or a JUCO prospect or a Grad transfer.

TG, wake the FU dude.

LDR has already said that he's gone.

My own best advice to Franks is to drop down to an FBS 2nd Tier and work real hard to develop into a QB-PP. He's not good enough to be the Gator QB with Mullen, and he's not athletic or tough enough to move to TE.

Tebow 6-3 235
Prescott 6-2 238
Fitzgerald 6-5 230
Trask 6-5 240
(get the picture?) :D

And anyone that claims that Trask can't run the ball,,, has missed the last 2 O&B games. o_O

Insta, with it being opening week for Waterfowl season... following to see if Cow Chip comes to UF or UCLA...then watching the news for Mullen...the last thing I had time to do was get on Twitter, scroll through the teenage type tweets, and see what LDR's latest tweets are.

I'm glad to hear he is retiring.

LDR is gone. He already said he isn’t coming back. I think Mullen tries to recruit over Franks as quickly as possible whether that is Corral or a JUCO prospect or a Grad transfer.
The Driskel that Will Musmanagement could never correctly develop or use properly...or the Jeff Driskel that Lou's son skip fit into a perfect situation that eventually led him to play a little NFL ball.

If Skip Holtz can make use of Driskel...Mullen may do something with Felipe.

Edit: meant to quote @Gator Fever...not Paco

Insta, with it being opening week for Waterfowl season... following to see if Cow Chip comes to UF or UCLA...then watching the news for Mullen...the last thing I had time to do was get on Twitter, scroll through the teenage type tweets, and see what LDR's latest tweets are.

I'm glad to hear he is retiring.

TG, I don't tweet at all, but it was copy / posted on a thread here somewhere days ago. I also already posted it to you in response on another thread here,,, earlier TODAY. o_O

Sorry you keep on missing it, but glad that you've finally gotten it now. ;)

TG, I don't tweet at all, but it was copy / posted on a thread here somewhere days ago. I also already posted it to you in response on another thread here,,, earlier TODAY. o_O

Sorry you keep on missing it, but glad that you've finally gotten it now. ;)
I saw your reply on the other thread just after I posted this. I just hadn't really had to time to catch much news with the exception of the coaching search and the FSU game.

Franks will never play at Florida again or maybe not even stay on the roster, because he should transfer out..

He can't run and he's dumber than driskel, two things impossible to play for Mullen if you are stupid AND can't run to offset the dummy brain.. Another wasted body like Driskel, should try to pitch in baseball or something.. in football he's miserable...

Franks will never play at Florida again or maybe not even stay on the roster, because he should transfer out..

He can't run and he's dumber than driskel, two things impossible to play for Mullen if you are stupid AND can't run to offset the dummy brain.. Another wasted body like Driskel, should try to pitch in baseball or something.. in football he's miserable...
You will be hired...your first job is to make Felipe a functional QB. If not you will get fired.

Would you accept this task?

I saw your reply on the other thread just after I posted this. I just hadn't really had to time to catch much news with the exception of the coaching search and the FSU game.

Yeah TG, it's NBD anyway, just messin't widja a little bit over it. :cool:

:eek: -- You actually watched or paid attention to the fsu game?
Wonder of wonders that is... ;)

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Future or next year's? No way we play a true freshman next year... ?

Both?

And they may as well play a true freshman, its a rebuilding year either way. Franks doesn't have it and someone like Allen cannot operate in a spread option offense. The rest aren't worth discussing.

Can he catch? Jemelle (?) Cornelius was on track to be good TE. Kid has the frame for a good pass catching TE.

I was watching the FSU game from the nosebleeds FWIW, but Felipe was staring down his receivers all day, and it seemed any dropback over 1.5 seconds was tipped or intercepted if there was a defender in the area. He's got all of the physical gifts, but not sure if he has what it takes, from the neck up.

Let me see now, does the UF roster currently contain a QB like Dan likes to coach up and use? :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT