ADVERTISEMENT

Feleipe Franks NFL Player

It isn’t that unbelievable. It happens. It also helped him that AJ McCarron was ruled out for the year. That opened up a QB spot

Reactions: Vinny B
Happy for him - NFL does make a ton of decisions, heavily on the measurables...and Franks has that in spades. Hope for the best.

I just cannot imagine him taking a 5 step drop in the NFL and accurately delivering the ball.

Hopefully he does well...nothing against the guy.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
Made the Falcons 53. Undrafted to that is unbelievable.
Doesn't surprise me they will ignore things for some years when you have size they love sometimes. If he was 6'2 he probably wouldn't have made a roster. Same thing as happened with Driskel probably except he was cut before Cincy's coach picked him up.

NFL wants measurables: 6’6 with a rocket arm will earn you a spot on a team.

Hell look at Jamarcus Russell, he was basically brain-dead.

QB’s biggest strength is what’s between his ears. Which is why Trask will be successful.

A friend of mine told me he knew some people who ran an elite 11 camp for QB's back in the day. They said he was a terrific kid but not too bright. He's a former Gator so I will root for him but the chances of him staying in the NFL are slim. I saw a few moments of him playing in pre-season and it was not pretty.

It isn’t that unbelievable. It happens. It also helped him that AJ McCarron was ruled out for the year. That opened up a QB spot
No it didn’t. They signed Josh Rosen to be the backup after mcCarron got hurt. Arthur Smith usually only carries 2 QBs but for some reason kept 3. Other option would have been to sign him to the practice squad or lose him off waivers.

No it didn’t. They signed Josh Rosen to be the backup after mcCarron got hurt. Arthur Smith usually only carries 2 QBs but for some reason kept 3. Other option would have been to sign him to the practice squad or lose him off waivers.
I'll address the elephant in the room. Who would pick him up?

I think every coach looks at these guys and thinks “This kid has the physical gifts and talent. The previous coach just didn’t coach him right, but I can fix him!”

EJ Manuel was a good recent example: nice guy, not dumb, good work ethic, physically gifted… first round draft bust. The NFL clearly assumed Jimbo was the problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicktheslick

this is Smith's first go as a head coach. So even if he was deciding how many QBs to keep at Tennessee, you're probably going to sign a guy that at least has NFL starting experience.

But, again, you aren't going to toss the guy that has measurables like Franks.

I'll address the elephant in the room. Who would pick him up?
Maybe nobody. But it could have been a concern if they wanted to keep him as a project. Personally I could see Rosen taking over for Ryan as a reclamation project if he plays as well as he did last week. On the team for 3 days and had some so.I’d plays.

this is Smith's first go as a head coach. So even if he was deciding how many QBs to keep at Tennessee, you're probably going to sign a guy that at least has NFL starting experience.

But, again, you aren't going to toss the guy that has measurables like Franks.

Spot on, the NFL wants measurables.

Don’t forger that Leaf over Manning was a legitimate debate in the Colts organization. They weren’t just doing homework, they were seriously torn on the choice.

The NFL still believes that you can teach brains to a 6’6 specimen with a rocket arm.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT