ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN College GameDay: UF vs. UGA???

ericandi

Rowdy Reptile
Dec 8, 2004
Orlando
So how many years has it been since GameDay came to Gainesville? So many that I can’t remember the last time.

They didn’t come today for the LSU game and we don’t have any other home games this season that are GameDay worthy.

The only chance for GameDay to do a Gator game this season is the Florida-Georgia game in Jax. That Saturday there is only one other match up of ranked teams: #19 Texas at #25 Oklahoma State, but I expect that one or both teams won’t be ranked by then.

And UF vs. UGA and the World’s Largest Cocktail Party is clearly a bigger and better game for ESPN to bring GameDay.

I really don’t see any other great matchups that day that would be GameDay worthy. Maybe Navy hosting #8 Notre Dame, who’s a bit of a media darling right now. The Golden Domers will likely be a top 5 team by then if they win out until then and I’m sure ESPN likes the service academy angle, being able to bring GameDay to Annapolis.

But as long as UF is still ranked, the Florida-Georgia match up is clearly the best game for College GameDay that weekend.

Thoughts? Will ESPN bring GameDay to the cocktail party this season?

I’d guess ND-Navy if ND is undefeated still. That’s great TV with the tradition of both schools and then the service academy angle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT