ADVERTISEMENT

EAT $HIT JIMBO FISHER!!!!!!!

Pretty sure Jimbo has a worse record than Mike Sumlin by quite a few games. Jimbo probably wishes he was back in the crappy ACC. He’s laughing all the way to the bank though.
His A&M team would finish 5th at best in either division of the ACC. Duke would beat them by 3 td's.

Reactions: fsu939913
His A&M team would finish 5th at best in either division. Duke would beat them by 3 td's.
But I wasn’t referring to just this year. He’s 22-17 in SEC games so far in 5 years. Again he probably wishes he was back in the ACC. Much easier competition. His record was much better playing in the ACC. He’s only had 1 season out of 5 at A&M where he’s lost less than 4 games at A&M. But heck I’m not really all that surprised he’s struggling. I saw it coming back when they hired him.

But I wasn’t referring to just this year. He’s 22-17 in SEC games so far in 5 years. Again he probably wishes he was back in the ACC. Much easier competition. His record was much better playing in the ACC. He’s only had 1 season out of 5 at A&M where he’s lost less than 4 games at A&M. But heck I’m not really all that surprised he’s struggling. I saw it coming back when they hired him.
Has Fisher ever done a damn thing other than a single year with the Crab Legs Man at QB? And if memory serves me correctly, Muschump nearly took him down at the Joke, Winston's senior year, If not for a bungled UF bobbled TD pass at the FSU goal line, returned for an interception, they'd never gotten the chance to be blown out by Oregon. 😂

Has Fisher ever done a damn thing other than a single year with the Crab Legs Man at QB? And if memory serves me correctly, Muschump nearly took him down at the Joke, Winston's senior year, If not for a bungled UF bobbled TD pass at the FSU goal line, returned for an interception, they'd never gotten the chance to be blown out by Oregon. 😂

To be fair, it was two years, but the second year he got embarrassed by Oregon.

Reactions: PacoGator19

Tbf he absolutely dominated the SEC when he was in the ACC as well. He had better players at FSU and it's not even close.

Pretty sure Jimbo has a worse record than Mike Sumlin by quite a few games. Jimbo probably wishes he was back in the crappy ACC. He’s laughing all the way to the bank though.

Damn, I think you are right lol He's an elite recruiter with oil money now....that's it. They are going to need someone else to take over soon.

Tbf he absolutely dominated the SEC when he was in the ACC as well. He had better players at FSU and it's not even close.
He only had to get his team up to play a few games a year in the ACC. Not the case anymore. He really only had impressive seasons when he had Winston and Cook. It is why I figured he would struggle in the SEC.
It isn’t overly difficult to figure out. Like you said he had better players than everybody else in the ACC. Nobody else recruits good in the ACC except Clemson (and now Miami) Now he’s still recruiting very good but there is much more than 1 other program that brings in elite talent in the conference he is in. (Bama, LSU, UGA, etc). Now when the talent is equal you have to have some X’s and O’s ability and Fisher just isn’t that good on game day and he hasn’t evolved at all, especially his offense.
I will give him and his agent credit for fooling the A&M folks into that massive contract he got. That was brilliant. He’s going to get so much money he likely doesn’t even care if he gets fired or not at this point. In fact I wouldn’t be totally surprised if he wants out and they work out some kind of deal.

He only had to get his team up to play a few games a year in the ACC. Not the case anymore. He really only had impressive seasons when he had Winston and Cook. It is why I figured he would struggle in the SEC.
It isn’t overly difficult to figure out. Like you said he had better players than everybody else in the ACC. Nobody else recruits good in the ACC except Clemson (and now Miami) Now he’s still recruiting very good but there is much more than 1 other program that brings in elite talent in the conference he is in. (Bama, LSU, UGA, etc). Now when the talent is equal you have to have some X’s and O’s ability and Fisher just isn’t that good on game day and he hasn’t evolved at all, especially his offense.
I will give him and his agent credit for fooling the A&M folks into that massive contract he got. That was brilliant. He’s going to get so much money he likely doesn’t even care if he gets fired or not at this point. In fact I wouldn’t be totally surprised if he wants out and they work out some kind of deal.

EVERY SINGLE GAME.

Remember Appy State?

Reactions: gatordad3
Damn it's been THAT long since I've posted something here. Oh well, my two-bits from this game Saturday is Jimbo Fisher is the worst college football coach money could buy. Losing to Appy State at home plus the first 5-game losing streak since 1980 simply means this man was in it for the money. He dupped the Aggies and can now retire in style with that ginormous buyout.

Is it too late for a refund, so to speak, on Texas A&M? I've been annoyed with them since the Johnny Manziel days, not including Jimbo.

I sympathize with Texas fans so much, and now they're are going to have to deal with the aggies again....likely permanent opponents in different divisions.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Is it too late for a refund, so to speak, on Texas A&M? I've been annoyed with them since the Johnny Manziel days, not including Jimbo.

I sympathize with Texas fans so much, and now they're are going to have to deal with the aggies again....likely permanent opponents in different divisions.
I lol at all the money spent by aTm (which is now a most appropriate acronym for them) and all the douchebaggerey that has come out of that school, and yet they still in sit in the shadow of Big Brother up in Austin.

Jimbo's BIG problem

If Jimbo lets himself be fired, can Taylor Jacobs' ex (or maybe current) girlfriend get a piece of Jimbo's buyout settlement ?

Don't know about Jimbo, but it would definitely piss me off !

Reactions: TennesseeGator

If we go to 4 divisions of 4 teams, we can either have a system with permanent opponents in different divisions, or we can have a system where we play every team home and home at least once in a 4 year span (assuming a 9 game schedule), but not both, not unless we go to 10 or more conference games a year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT