ADVERTISEMENT

* * Duece's Tuesday Practice Report * *

duecehoward

Rowdy Reptile
Mar 25, 2007
(Note: I am not E3PO, nor will my reports be as promt and quickly delivered...also I do not have a palm treo or wirless devices to post live lol, so I am going off memory and my memory only allows me to remember the high points...so enjoy)

I think my favorite defensive freshman of this class may be Major Wright. He is a vocal leader and a scrappy young fellow. Though we were only in shells today (helmet, shoulder pads, and shorts) Major played in drills as if the player (his teammate) in front of him were in full pads and was the enemy. In 7-7's he drilled someone and got into a pushing match with one of the Mike Pouncey (exactly what happened in the florida class 5a state championship game, LHS vs St. Thomas)..He is very aggressive and frankly, I feel badly for whom ever shall be in his way when full pads go on tomorrow.

On Offense, my favorite frosh today was by far Chris Rainey. He showed toughness as he won some circle of life drills and when every one was expecting him to get lit up, and holding their breath when he would get a hand off in 7 on 7 situation he would pop off a big gain. He would take contact and keep driving his feet if he didnt shake the defender instead of falling to the ground at the sight of a 240 pound Lorenzo Edwards like I would if I were his size lol. Chris will be a monster in this offense sooner rather than later, dont let his weight fool you because he's tough and lightning quick.. You cant hit what you cant catch!

-Only shells today as I was looking forward 2 full pads (tomorrow full pads).

-Earlier today I read on GatorSports that Percy is alot faster than he was last year and thought to my self, ''thats bullshyt..Its impossible to be faster than he already was''...I was wrong, if percy were to use his moped to travel 30 or so yards across the field he would get there faster just running. lol, easily the fastest player ive seen in pads and he just has that all american look to him.

-Riley Cooper is a beast of an athlete and is really fast, especially for a guy of that size.

-Speaking of people who are fast for their size and/or muscle mass here are guys that caught my eye: Torrey Davis, Lorenzo Edwards, John Brown, Carlos Dunlap when he tries, Aaron Hernandez (he straight left some guy in a receiver drill on the far side of the field, not sure if alot of people saw it), of course Riley Cooper, and C.I.

-Mark my words, Chevon Walker is the best pure running back on the team besides Mon. I could have told you that during the spring though.

-Ahmad Black destroyed his former high school teamate Paul Wilson and it drew huge praise from his fellow defensive teamates and the fans were wowed by his strength in that stint.

-Wondy P. is WAY improved. I love that guy as he is from my mothers home town.

-Joe Haden was a beast in the punt blocking drill, he blocked every last one...Jarred Fayson was really good here also.

-Deonte Thompson is somewhere in between Percy and Bubba speed wise..I think he's a lil faster than Bubba though and quicker also.

-Speaking of Mr.Caldwell, he had a really nice shake and bake play on a short reception.

-Tony Joiner is seriously jacked for a secondary player and still moves pretty well for someone who must way close to 220...he has to...lol, he looks like a linbacker but he will be perfect for the NFL.

-Carlos Dunlap beat a double team very nicely for a freshman taking on C.Medder and Gilbert...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News