ADVERTISEMENT

Didn't think I'd say this, but I have to root for georgia tonight

grommit

Bull Gator
Oct 30, 2005
Thanks to freaking Auburn who drew one of the easiest bowl game opponents of all SEC teams just totally getting destroyed today. We are 1-1 with the BIG?? and they are bragging about it and thumping their chests.

It now looks even more and more in the 4th quarter that Oregon is not going to beat cheeseville. So the BIG?? is 2-1 on the day, we need to be 2-1 as well which means we need Georgia to win.

Sorry if I'm playing the conference first mentality here, but our season is over. Personally I'd rather see Georgia beat Baylor than have to rely upon idiot Tennessee to get a win.

I know I'll get hammered for this but eh... If I had one wish in this lifetime for this sport, it would be to never have to hear about the BIG?? again, especially ohio state.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
You know we battle Georgia for recruits right? Rooting for them due to sharing the same conference is like wanting Florida State to win due to being in the same state. It just feels wrong.

The B1G isn't a concern, everybody knows who the top dog is. Ohio State is, has, and always will be a top program. Who cares though? We own them. There isn't another team in that conference that is respected on the National stage.

I will never root for our rivals, I want them to lose. I want their fans to see their team lose in their finale. No. Never. Georgia, FSU, and Miami all losing their bowl games is good for Florida.

Thanks to freaking Auburn who drew one of the easiest bowl game opponents of all SEC teams just totally getting destroyed today. We are 1-1 with the BIG?? and they are bragging about it and thumping their chests.

It now looks even more and more in the 4th quarter that Oregon is not going to beat cheeseville. So the BIG?? is 2-1 on the day, we need to be 2-1 as well which means we need Georgia to win.

Sorry if I'm playing the conference first mentality here, but our season is over. Personally I'd rather see Georgia beat Baylor than have to rely upon idiot Tennessee to get a win.

I know I'll get hammered for this but eh... If I had one wish in this lifetime for this sport, it would be to never have to hear about the BIG?? again, especially ohio state.
It seems that Auburn makes season all about beating Alabama. If they do then there bowl game is of no interest.

Ummm no!! I was pulling against Bama today and I’d love to see UGA lose tonight.

Sorry, but I don’t think you’ll get your wish. Way too many Georgia players out for this game. I expect a repeat of last year.

Oregon pulled it out.
Saw that. As improbable as it was in the start of the 4th quarter when I posted this. BIG?? is 1-2 on the day. If georgia wins, SEC is 2-1 on the day. I was surprised with Auburn considering how they absolutely trucked Perdue last year in their bowl game. I had thought it was a foregone conclusion that they would beat minesota today. Then again I thought Alabama would beat the stuffing out of Michigan better than we did last year considering wow much more 4 and 5 start talent Bama has over us and MU.

Oh well wins are wins. In any event I don't see Baylor being able to keep up with georgia anyways and that's based solely on georgia's defense. Baylor lost to OU, what was it, twice this year? Well we all saw what happened to OU in the bowl game with LSU. I can see georgia doing the exact same thing to Baylor as well.

Sorry, but I don’t think you’ll get your wish. Way too many Georgia players out for this game. I expect a repeat of last year.
Last year was georgia losing because it had zero motivation. I saw that same team in Auburn today. A team that had way better talent and coaching, but simply didn't look like it wanted to be there. Texas wanted to shock the world and it did. I'm sure after the fallout of last year's Sugar Bowl, the georgia team this year doesn't want a repeat and will be going out there motivated, missing players or not. Georgia has something like 10 times as many 5 star players as Baylor does, if they have any at all. The talent mismatch here is so obscene, I think Kirby learned his lesson about preparing the team after last year.

When I was younger I pulled for the SEC teams in bowls and ncaa tourney. Now I pull against all of them. Our chief competition for recruits so I like to watch them lay eggs. I don't care about conference pride...you think Clemson gives a rats ass about the ACC?

Last year was georgia losing because it had zero motivation. I saw that same team in Auburn today. A team that had way better talent and coaching, but simply didn't look like it wanted to be there. Texas wanted to shock the world and it did. I'm sure after the fallout of last year's Sugar Bowl, the georgia team this year doesn't want a repeat and will be going out there motivated, missing players or not. Georgia has something like 10 times as many 5 star players as Baylor does, if they have any at all. The talent mismatch here is so obscene, I think Kirby learned his lesson about preparing the team after last year.
Malzahn isnt a better coach than Fleck.

Overall the sec has a lead head to head w the big 10 in bowl games 56-32 so we don’t need worry about conference cheering. It’ll take them 50 years to make that even. Conference reputation does help w rankings and quality of wins so that’s the opposing argument.

I hate UGA...I hope that lose...I usually pull for SEC teams but not that team.

A poster on the UK board said you guys are down 13 players??? Don’t expect you to provide a detailed breakdown, but I assume it’s a combination of injuries, academics, disciplinary, skipping the bowl to prep for the NFL draft, etc.??
All of the above.

Baylor is probably going to get boat raced. Other than 2 games with OU, they had a Charmin soft schedule, and weren't dominate there either.

A poster on the UK board said you guys are down 13 players??? Don’t expect you to provide a detailed breakdown, but I assume it’s a combination of injuries, academics, disciplinary, skipping the bowl to prep for the NFL draft, etc.??
Yep, all of those

How does it benefit Florida for for UGA to win this game? Or Auburn? Or Bama?
Alright, yes everyone here is saying that we recruit the same players as Georgia. Yes that's true, that's true with the ACC and just about every SEC team. Nothing we do will change that, no wins or losses for our conferences here will change that. What DOES get affected from bowl wins and losses via the conferences is having the BIG?? teams and even BIG12 come into our backyards trying to get our best talent. Florida is the state where OSU gets more of it's talent than any other single state, even Ohio itself.

For my part, I understand that we're always going to have to compete with georgia down here in the south, and FSU as well for the same players. What I could do without is freaking snowbirds coming down here thinking they can come and take our best talent out of state, then use those same players to beat us and then brag to us about that. I say let the BIG?? go recruit in BIG?? territory, beating their asses each and every game we get (generally bowl season) helps have the recruits down here pass on those schools. Keep the talent in the south where it belongs, make sure that 80% of the players in the NFL keep coming from the SEC, not the BIG??.

Reactions: fsu939913
And for what its worth, Georgia is beating the ever living piss out of Baylor because they are giving Fromm forever to pass and georgia's defense is unlike anything the BIG12 has to offer or prepare for. Do I still hold out hope that Kirby Smart trips and impales his head on the trophy in the post game awards presentation? Absolutely, but it's not going to change the fact of what's happening here.

Reactions: OttoCarius
Alright, yes everyone here is saying that we recruit the same players as Georgia. Yes that's true, that's true with the ACC and just about every SEC team. Nothing we do will change that, no wins or losses for our conferences here will change that. What DOES get affected from bowl wins and losses via the conferences is having the BIG?? teams and even BIG12 come into our backyards trying to get our best talent. Florida is the state where OSU gets more of it's talent than any other single state, even Ohio itself.

For my part, I understand that we're always going to have to compete with georgia down here in the south, and FSU as well for the same players. What I could do without is freaking snowbirds coming down here thinking they can come and take our best talent out of state, then use those same players to beat us and then brag to us about that. I say let the BIG?? go recruit in BIG?? territory, beating their asses each and every game we get (generally bowl season) helps have the recruits down here pass on those schools. Keep the talent in the south where it belongs, make sure that 80% of the players in the NFL keep coming from the SEC, not the BIG??.

I agree. I love seei g the big get pounded

THE ONLY good I see out of Jawja winning was Fromm having a good game as he has killed us. Maybe now he will go pro for sure...buh bye..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT