ADVERTISEMENT

Did we learn anything at SEC Media days today?

Do you want it straight? If not, read no further.

Mullen said he may pursue a strategy of signing more JUCO players.

Former walk-on turned scholarship player Nick Villano entered the transfer portal during Mullen's 30 minute press conference.

Lamical Perine told reporters, "Man, fans, honestly Florida probably has the most bipolar fans ever," Perine said. "When we’re winning games everybody’s happy. But when we lose games, nobody’s happy, everybody gets bashed. From the coaches, to the equipment guys, to just the kickers, it could be anybody on the team getting bashed."

Perine is probably correct....
Yes he is. We have fans whining about locker rooms that aren’t finished yet and in the middle of construction.
Last year we had fans complaining about recruiting classes in June/July. It’s actually pretty sad.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
The JUCO comment worries me. That's a panic move. That's an admission that we can't successfully recruit the Top 300.

There's something else about Mullen that doesn't sit right with me. What the hell is he doing hanging out at Lake Oconee GEORGIA in the Buttlicker's backyard, happy as Larry?

The JUCO comment worries me. That's a panic move. That's an admission that we can't successfully recruit the Top 300.

There's something else about Mullen that doesn't sit right with me. What the hell is he doing hanging out at Lake Oconee GEORGIA in the Buttlicker's backyard, happy as Larry?
Several SEC head coaches have places there. Saban has been there, or at least was, for years.

Yes he is. We have fans whining about locker rooms that aren’t finished yet and in the middle of construction.
Last year we had fans complaining about recruiting classes in June/July. It’s actually pretty sad.
We have a great fan base but no perspective sometimes...it's insane. Meyer won 2 titles...the first year, out of 5 years, he has 8 wins and people wanted his head lol... it's crazy

We’re a bit more of a fragmented fan base than most others...

sadgator’s always found the “in all kinds of weather...we all stick together” line a bit ironic, because we totally don’t live that...
I've lived all over the place, and I can tell we don't eat our own any more than other fan bases. I lived in Columbus Ohio the past 2 years and they can get after their own like nobodys business

We gotta be the only fan base to fires a coach before he even coached a game. Remember the fire Ron Zook website? This fan base is garbage.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Lamical Perine told reporters, "Man, fans, honestly Florida probably has the most bipolar fans ever," Perine said. "When we’re winning games everybody’s happy. But when we lose games, nobody’s happy, everybody gets bashed. From the coaches, to the equipment guys, to just the kickers, it could be anybody on the team getting bashed."

So, did Perine say anything else of value at Media Days?

On the bipolar comment. "I'm not criticizing the fans, I understand. Our goal is to win every game to help the fans out and entertain them," Perine said.
=====

Other SEC MD's comments:

“Honestly, Nick Saban is the one who called me and gave me my (Alabama) offer. It was kind of surreal. But I had to come back to reality and realize I’m a Gator.” He’d considered himself a Gator since he was 11 years old, and that wasn’t going to change with one phone call. “Just the tradition and the winning ways,” Perine said, when asked why he’d grown up a Gator."

So, when the legendary Saban called with the offer, Perine did not even consider flipping to the Tide. “No, never,” he said. “I’m an honest guy. I’m a loyalty guy. Florida was honest with me, so I was going to do the same thing.” The commitment between player and school has turned out to be a good thing for both Perine and Florida.

He’s (Perine) a high-impact player in UF’s offense, Feleipe Franks said. “He’s super valuable,” Franks said. “Super good player, humble. Has been all about the program. He’s just a guy you just like to have in your locker room. Funny guy, never having a bad day, smile on his face, just always a good vibe to be around and he’s a really good player on top of that.”

He was my 'dark-hores' pick as a Fr, and Lamical is still my favorite player on the team. -- iG

We gotta be the only fan base to fires a coach before he even coached a game. Remember the fire Ron Zook website? This fan base is garbage.

What’s funny is Zook wasn’t even the first or second worst coach since Spurrier, that would be Butters and Muschamp. Sure he never won 10 games like McElwain or Champ did, but he also didn’t have nearly the lowlights, either, and Zook played a demonstrably tougher schedule back then, too. The SEC East was way tougher back then and he also had to play Miami twice when they were really good. Zook also won at Doke, which Spurrier never did, and outcoached Saban and LSU for their only loss in 2003.

He had his moments as a coach, just had too many slip ups as well. He also recruited like a madman and recruited the majority of the 2006 title team. I would have gladly taken the Zook days back any day during the McElwain years. At least he had above average offenses and was competitive.

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
The fireronzook.com website was SO cathartic back in the day. That site was awesome, particularly the “Fun with Zook” section. When Zook was eventually fired, they put up the “Victory” headline...it was both triumphant and hilarious at the same time...

warover_frz+small.jpg

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
Florida isn't close to the only school that trashes their own. Some Auburn fans would rather Malzahn fail and get fired than turn things around and stay

It's kind of insane for sure...people get psycho before anything has happened. If people remember when Meyer was hired it was a huge thing that he was a midwest guy...from out west at Utah and he never coached in the SEC lol...I get recruiting ties etc but outside of SOS (who is the greatest Gator ever IMO) Meyer was an absolute home run hire...at first people were going crazy.

Reactions: PacoGator19
So what's your opinion on Mike White? :p:D
I think he's done a good job...we've been to the tourney multiple times...had that crazy shot to put us in the Elite 8 (I think) a few years ago. I don't think he's a great game coach though. We either need better players or better coaching...I like the class coming in but tough to say. It's also hard to follow up Billy D...same thing with Zook...hard to follow behind SOS and get your due.

It's kind of insane for sure...people get psycho before anything has happened. If people remember when Meyer was hired it was a huge thing that he was a midwest guy...from out west at Utah and he never coached in the SEC lol...I get recruiting ties etc but outside of SOS (who is the greatest Gator ever IMO) Meyer was an absolute home run hire...at first people were going crazy.
"Meyer's little gimmicky offense won't work in the SEC" and "His QB will get killed"

I think he's done a good job...we've been to the tourney multiple times...had that crazy shot to put us in the Elite 8 (I think) a few years ago. I don't think he's a great game coach though. We either need better players or better coaching...I like the class coming in but tough to say. It's also hard to follow up Billy D...same thing with Zook...hard to follow behind SOS and get your due.

You seem to not know much about B-Ball, or else you're not paying much attention... :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT