ADVERTISEMENT

Coach is unique

GatorTheo

Bull Gator
Apr 1, 2002
CBhXntbUQAEFRTx.jpg

I can't imagine how there are people who don't already love this guy.

Not to mention he's cleatly a better president than Machen was.

Some of us are waiting to see how his team does on the field before falling head over heels. Cool pic though
This post was edited on 4/3 7:28 PM by GSMBrefugee

Originally posted by GSMBrefugee:
Some of us are waiting to see how his team does on the field before falling head over heels. Cool pic though
You must be great at parties.

Originally posted by JD Gator:
Originally posted by GSMBrefugee:
You must be great at parties.
JD isn't it obvious he's always the designated driver? I am not an advocate for drinking but this guy needs a few adult beverages. A weekend with Danny might do him a world of good.

We know he's an offensive guy.

Check.

He's got a Spurrieresque homour.

Check.

He hasn't even made it to the first spring practice and people can't even enjoy him for who he is.

Did I KNOW this would happen because we weren't going to hire a "splash" coach?

Aaaaand....Check.

Then again, GSMB thinks that Foley conspired to "ruin" the UF football program. So that's kind of what we're dealing with here.

Originally posted by Dannygator1989:
I can't imagine how there are people who don't already love this guy.

Not to mention he's cleatly a better president than Machen was.
I do love Coach Mac so far. ..I don't know what he's going to do at Florida but I love how he handles somethings...Coach Mac has some really clever ways of promoting himself and the program...I've been very surprised and impressed so far.

Agreed. He's done everything you can ask for so far.

-Personality like we haven't had since Steve.

-Truly offensive minded (which even Meyer wasn't. Great at hiring people though, but his baby was Special Teams.)

-Staff hires. Other than Nuss, I love the hires, especially in regards to recruiting the state of Florida.

-Recruiting. The miracle he pulled off in what amounted to 5-6 weeks of legitimate recruiting is astonishing. What we're already getting in this class is encouraging as well.

Look, it could be a disaster, but everything points to it being a wild success. At this point, we have nothing to go off of except the points I listed above. So I understand the caution, but other than the roster deficiencies he inherited and the Nuss hire, what in the world is anybody REALLY worried about?

Originally posted by Dannygator1989:

So I understand the caution, but other than the roster deficiencies he inherited and the Nuss hire, what in the world is anybody REALLY worried about?
Traditional pro style offense.

Sincerely,

Michi

Well if Michi would ever text me back, I might be able to do something. Hell, I spent 3 hours on the phone with him on a game day while hungover and trying to drink again with him just extolling the virtues of Mac Bsck in December.

I convinced him.

Okay some of that is slightly inaccurate because I haven't gone to sleep yet and am still drunk and smoking a cigarette but something very similar to this DID happen.

And maybe I took some pain pills because I'm debating whether I have a hemeroid or cancer. So who really knows what I'm talking about. But I swear to god if they don't stop doing construction next to my place and yelling in Spanish im going to lose me shit.

All I'm saying is there were similar feelings when Muschamp was hired. He did some nice PR type stuff, everyone loved his enthusiasm, he put together what, at the time, looked like a good staff on paper etc.

I appreciate McElwayns efforts and I do think he's done some good things - like demanding the full sized IPF instead of the half-squat. That doesn't mean he'll be a great coach though

And why is he holding a pen he probably swiped from room 204 of a best western? They couldn't get a prop quill for the photo op?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT