ADVERTISEMENT

Chip Kelly will be available for 2018 season?

I love how when we can't land the top guys all of a sudden all our guys are 'underrated' or 'high character' while everybody else signs the overrated thugs. I guess we offer all the same guys the football factories offer for fun?

It's a diversionary tactic. We let our competitors think we're after all these low-character guys, who go on to be all-americas and get drafted by the NFL. Meantime, we're scooping up all the potential academic all americans, who get ignored by the "football factories" just because they're small and slow and maybe didn't start for their high school teams.

Kelly might be a good coach but he's a dumbass at picking jobs. Left an Oregon team poised to make a couple title runs to take over a 4-win Eagles team. Then after leaving there goes to a 49er team with a GM on the hot seat and no job. And now he's gonna go work for a coach that's already been fired and another GM that's on the hot seat. And Bortles is awful. Wtf is wrong with him?

Kelly might be a good coach but he's a dumbass at picking jobs. Left an Oregon team poised to make a couple title runs to take over a 4-win Eagles team. Then after leaving there goes to a 49er team with a GM on the hot seat and no job. And now he's gonna go work for a coach that's already been fired and another GM that's on the hot seat. And Bortles is awful. Wtf is wrong with him?

lol

Reactions: dakid_0812
people can say he won't go back to college all they want, but if he wants to be employed and make money, he will...

Yep. But a lot of people close to him swears he hates recruiting and dealing with boosters and all that. And it ads up, he could have had a couple college jobs the past couple years and is still choosing to be an NFL OC instead. Can't blame him these recruits are annoying AF.

I don't care what he does or where he goes, just as long as it's not Gainesville, FL. o_O

Yep. But a lot of people close to him swears he hates recruiting and dealing with boosters and all that. And it ads up, he could have had a couple college jobs the past couple years and is still choosing to be an NFL OC instead. Can't blame him these recruits are annoying AF.

Spurrier hated recruiting. Same was said of Harbaugh. Just sayin'

Hays Carlyon‏@HaysCarlyon
Source: Chip Kelly is at EverBank Field today, presumably meeting about #Jaguars offensive coordinator position. No word on potential offer.

Crazy if they hire him. His system wasnt that effective after teams adjusted after seeing it for that first year. I thought no NFL team would hire him for next season even as an OC. His system is made for college ball mostly.

Crazy if they hire him. His system wasnt that effective after teams adjusted after seeing it for that first year. I thought no NFL team would hire him for next season even as an OC. His system is made for college ball mostly.

Not at all true. His offense was top 5 in the NFL his first two years and just outside the top 10 his last year. And he did it with a bunch of bum QB's. His offense was bad this year but then he had Blaine Gabbert on a rebuilding team. The Patriots run a lot of the same sets as what he runs and tears up the league every year. So do teams like the Packers.

Not at all true. His offense was top 5 in the NFL his first two years and just outside the top 10 his last year. And he did it with a bunch of bum QB's. His offense was bad this year but then he had Blaine Gabbert on a rebuilding team. The Patriots run a lot of the same sets as what he runs and tears up the league every year. So do teams like the Packers.

Come on, we can't have honest talk like that here.

Rather than Chad Kelly, consider GT's Paul Johnson. Paul Johnson is more likely to be willing to take the job, has connections in this part of the country, has an offensive scheme designed to work with your recruiting classes, and has demonstrated success against the SEC East and FSU.

That was one big reason, maybe the biggest reason, of why Billy went to the pros.

That was one big reason, maybe the biggest reason, of why Billy went to the pros.

Well you trade one headache for another but at least most of the pros have actually done something, recruiting gets worse every year. Now you got recruits making announcements about transferring high schools LOL. And instead of the retarded hat game they used to do now they make commitment videos. I wouldn't wanna trust my career to some 17 year old either, having to kiss their ass 24/7 has to get old.

Well you trade one headache for another but at least most of the pros have actually done something, recruiting gets worse every year. Now you got recruits making announcements about transferring high schools LOL. And instead of the retarded hat game they used to do now they make commitment videos. I wouldn't wanna trust my career to some 17 year old either, having to kiss their ass 24/7 has to get old.

All these guys are ridiculous. How would you like to coach the Knicks? You've got Derrick Rose and Carmelo, making $50 million between them. Carmelo won't run your offense and Derrick Rose was so butthurt that he got benched in the 4th quarter of a game the Knicks come back to win, that he just skipped the next game to run home to his mother.

But I agree, kissing a bunch of highschoolers' asses has got to be the worst.

All these guys are ridiculous. How would you like to coach the Knicks? You've got Derrick Rose and Carmelo, making $50 million between them. Carmelo won't run your offense and Derrick Rose was so butthurt that he got benched in the 4th quarter of a game the Knicks come back to win, that he just skipped the next game to run home to his mother.

But I agree, kissing a bunch of highschoolers' asses has got to be the worst.

True. At least in the pros though you make bank and get somewhat of an off-season. Your season ends in college and you have to go kiss more ass after spending the entire season coaching and kissing ass already.

I guess it was better than I thought in 2014 but I think he would have to keep tweeking it a lot to do good long term in the NFL.

True. At least in the pros though you make bank and get somewhat of an off-season. Your season ends in college and you have to go kiss more ass after spending the entire season coaching and kissing ass already.

One thing though, you do have control over your roster. You don't have to worry about some moron gm signing a fat slug to a coach firing contract. Carmelo says he wants to stay and win in NY. Great, so you're goIng to play defense and move the ball? Oh you don't want to win that bad? Ok I guess we'll just continue to suck until your contract is up in three years.

One thing though, you do have control over your roster. You don't have to worry about some moron gm signing a fat slug to a coach firing contract. Carmelo says he wants to stay and win in NY. Great, so you're goIng to play defense and move the ball? Oh you don't want to win that bad? Ok I guess we'll just continue to suck until your contract is up in three years.

Welcome to a big chunk of today's pro sports....

Reactions: MJWilliamson

Great point. Like in college football you can sign 25 all-Americans every year if you want. In the pros talent is spread evenly and if you don't have any personnel power you got some GM putting your team together and then expecting you to get results with players you might not even want. So yea I'd probably still choose college but this recruiting bs gets worse by the year. It's changed so much from when even my class came out. Back then you kinda just committed to a school and maybe did like an announcement in a school gym in front of your family or something. Now recruits have appearances on tv to announce their future announcement. It's a damn joke.

INSTA dreads having to rescind his Cow-Chip Kelly routine.

After all, once you're coach at Florida, you and your staff are geniuses.

The dunny-goater is always the stalker a-hole that he's proven to be.

Cow-chip-Kelly is a lying, back-stabbin' SoB, so I don't care if he can coach football or not.

I wouldn't have a drunk a-hole like dunny for a friend, and I'd not want the stinkin' Cow-chip as the Gator HBC under any circumstances.

Others with different standards and opinions are certainly free to associate with whichever smell that they can put up with... o_O

The dunny-goater is always the stalker a-hole that he's proven to be.

Cow-chip-Kelly is a lying, back-stabbin' SoB, so I don't care if he can coach football or not.

I wouldn't have a drunk a-hole like dunny for a friend, and I'd not want the stinkin' Cow-chip as the Gator HBC under any circumstances.

Others with different standards and opinions are certainly free to associate with whichever smell that they can put up with... o_O

And if he turned out to be highly successful at UF? Your tune wouldn't change?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz --- Actually, I believe that UF and UAA are a whole lot smarter than those that continue to advocate for a cow-chip... o_O

I wonder what lying and back stabbing Insta thinks Kelly has done? Probably just made that up like he made up his alien encounters.

What you're best at is wondering what's going on in the world, but never actually 'knowing anything.' :confused:

Hey, you and your dunny butt buddy should just go get drunk again. Then you'll be sure that your know everything again... :rolleyes:

You ASSume a lot. Surprised somebody who claims to be as smart as you would do that so often.

Great suggestion little loser Lizzy, but they are largely to stupid to take your advice. And since their idiot reply's don't impact the thousands of 'reads' in the least, I'd actually appreciate it if they would. I've repeatedly suggested it myself.

Actually, I'm starting to believe that they are clueless idiot message board masochists that simply enjoy being slapped around by anyone.

In fact, the one with his ugly head perpetually shoved in a dunny, seemingly lives to stalk me from thread to thread for his nest slappiin.'

Great suggestion little loser Lizzy, but they are largely to stupid to take your advice. And since their idiot reply's don't impact the thousands of 'reads' in the least, I'd actually appreciate it if they would. I've repeatedly suggested it myself.

Actually, I'm starting to believe that they are clueless idiot message board masochists that simply enjoy being slapped around by anyone.

In fact, the one with his ugly head perpetually shoved in a dunny, seemingly lives to stalk me from thread to thread for his nest slappiin.'

I don't know how many times I have to explain to you that I find you entertaining.

You don't get under my skin or bother at all (minus your odd rules that only apply to other people but not you.)

I do find the stalker thing funny.

As if I don't go into EVERY thread and post in response to every poster at any given time.

But somehow, responding specifically to you is tantamount to stalking...on a message board...

See? Entertainment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT