ADVERTISEMENT

Caption this picture: What were they thinking?

vanfleetgator

Chomp Artist
Jun 29, 2012
ECxp1DKW4AIGobB.jpg

I honestly believed he was looking at Dan Mullen on the sidelines, not at Franks. Thinking to himself, "just what does this kid have to do to get you to pull him and put someone else in? 4 turnovers in one game already?"

We all know that Spurrier would have pulled him after he coughed up the first fumble of the game when we were on Miami's 10 yard line.

I honestly believed he was looking at Dan Mullen on the sidelines, not at Franks. Thinking to himself, "just what does this kid have to do to get you to pull him and put someone else in? 4 turnovers in one game already?"

We all know that Spurrier would have pulled him after he coughed up the first fumble of the game when we were on Miami's 10 yard line.
The fumble was more on Perine than Franks. The interception was more on Mullen than Franks.

“The fumble was more on Perine than Franks. The interception was more on Mullen than Franks.”

This may or may not be accurate. When the quarterback gets a RPO signaled in from the coaches the responsibility is on the quarterback to let the running back know. If Perine wasn’t informed that he was a blocker in the QB keeper it’s not his fault. If Perine knew Franks was running and he forgot its obviously on him. The way Perine definitely took the ball and Franks pulled back at the last second would lead me to think Perine was intended to be the primary runner not Franks.

Reactions: instaGATOR
“The fumble was more on Perine than Franks. The interception was more on Mullen than Franks.”

This may or may not be accurate. When the quarterback gets a RPO signaled in from the coaches the responsibility is on the quarterback to let the running back know. If Perine wasn’t informed that he was a blocker in the QB keeper it’s not his fault. If Perine knew Franks was running and he forgot its obviously on him. The way Perine definitely took the ball and Franks pulled back at the last second would lead me to think Perine was intended to be the primary runner not Franks.
A read option is just that, otherwise it's not a RPO. Otherwise he just sticks an empty hand into Perine's belly. (Which is something I often ponder about, a lot safer but less tricky). Perine obviously misread Frank's intention, running backs have it drilled into their heads to protect the ball, he just wouldn't let go.

Could you imagine what he would have done if he was Mullen when that happened? Nonstarter actually since he would have never called that dumbass play in that position of the game.

I still chuckle about a game Spurrier coached against Miss State in Starkville. Gators were really mucking things up that day. Got the ball at midfield and a few plays later through penalties and sacks were facing 3rd down at their own 10 yard line. Spurrier punted on 3rd down. I'm still laughing about that.:p

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
I still chuckle about a game Spurrier coached against Miss State in Starkville. Gators were really mucking things up that day. Got the ball at midfield and a few plays later through penalties and sacks were facing 3rd down at their own 10 yard line. Spurrier punted on 3rd down. I'm still laughing about that.:p
As a fan with a minute to go of 4th quarter last night I was ready to throw in the towel and just let Miami win....I mean I can only take so many consecutive automatic 1st down penalties with the game on the line.....

The fumble was more on Perine than Franks. The interception was more on Mullen than Franks.
The stupidity is more on NJG than of plays or players.

Perine was already passed Franks when Franks attempted to pull the ball out.
Franks fault.

The play call didn't force Franks to throw the ball into TRIPLE COVERAGE when the pocket collapsed. Take the short sack on 1st down and live to make another play.
Franks fault.

Franks fault.

The play call didn't force Franks to throw the ball into TRIPLE COVERAGE when the pocket collapsed. Take the short sack on 1st down and live to make another play.
Franks fault.

Yup.

3* Dan didn’t make the throw

Danny W and Chris Doering on SECNetwork both blamed all 4 turnovers on Franks. That first fumble was NOT on Perine, he was supposed to handoff to Perine based on the coverage, but they said they saw a guy in the flat completely uncovered that Franks saw and that Franks tried to grab the ball back out of Perine's breadbasket because he got greedy and wanted to throw to the open receiver. They put full blame on Franks not Perine.

That last interception had nothing to do with Mullen's play calling. Franks was supposed to throw it away and instead he threw it directly to the opposing team with no receiver within 10 yards of the guy. How are you blaming that on Dan Mullen? I'll take Danny Wonderful and Chris Doering's take on the game before anyone here I must say.

Franks fault.

Franks fault.
STFU calling people stupid you bitter, lonely, crass curmudgeon. Dan called the passing play at end of game and not only called it but called it with a QB like Franks, who everybody knows is not Mr. Bona Fide Decisionmaker Extraordinaire. You call run plays until you punt and make their offense drive the entire field on your defense that dominated through that point and there is the chance you may not even need to punt if you get some 1st downs. Instead our D played in crisis mode the last 4 minutes of the game after that INT with their backs to the endzone and due to the front 7 we came out with the W.

Spurrier's reaction was to Mullen, not Franks. An illiterate rice paddy farmer from Vietnam would have known Franks enough to call a run play there.

That isn’t how the RPO works. It’s a post snap read so the QB can’t tell the back beforehand he’s getting the ball. He’s reading a conflict defender after the snap. If that defender stays outside he hands it to the back, if that defender crashes the run he pulls and throws.

“That isn’t how the RPO works. It’s a post snap read so the QB can’t tell the back beforehand he’s getting the ball. He’s reading a conflict defender after the snap. If that defender stays outside he hands it to the back, if that defender crashes the run he pulls and throws.”

Thanks Oozie, I was under the impression that the RPO was dependent on the defensive alignment pre-snap. Then I’m really confused as to why Perine would grab the ball so forcefully as if he was the primary runner if he knew that was an RPO.

“That isn’t how the RPO works. It’s a post snap read so the QB can’t tell the back beforehand he’s getting the ball. He’s reading a conflict defender after the snap. If that defender stays outside he hands it to the back, if that defender crashes the run he pulls and throws.”

Thanks Oozie, I was under the impression that the RPO was dependent on the defensive alignment pre-snap. Then I’m really confused as to why Perine would grab the ball so forcefully as if he was the primary runner if he knew that was an RPO.

It looked like both Perine and Franks thought they had the play to make. Franks had the ball in his belly and was riding it in there like he should while reading the defender and tried to pull and throw to an open player in the flat. Perine saw an opening up the middle and I guess thought he had the play and legit wrestled the ball away from Franks.

Could you imagine what he would have done if he was Mullen when that happened? Nonstarter actually since he would have never called that dumbass play in that position of the game.

[QUOTE="NorthJerseyGator, post: 1551857, member: 7214"]STFU calling people stupid you bitter, lonely, crass curmudgeon. Dan called the passing play at end of game and not only called it but called it with a QB like Franks, who everybody knows is not Mr. Bona Fide Decisionmaker Extraordinaire (in other words stupid). You call run plays until you punt and make their offense drive the entire field on your defense that dominated through that point and there is the chance you may not even need to punt if you get some 1st downs. Instead our D played in crisis mode the last 4 minutes of the game after that INT with their backs to the endzone and due to the front 7 we came out with the W.

Spurrier's reaction was to Mullen, not Franks. An illiterate rice paddy farmer from Vietnam would have known Franks enough to call a run play there.[/QUOTE]

Sure thing. I guess I should have just pointed out that you're a consummate DUMBAZZ instead of just calling your comments stupid.

And a dumbass such as yourself is certainly no Spurrier mind reader either, so maybe you should stop attempting to yap outta that dumbass of yours instead of telling me to STFU and failing yet again to get what you claim to want.

Now I'm really LMFAO at your DUMBASS stupid remarks.... :D:D:p:D:D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT