ADVERTISEMENT

Best Restaurant in Florida?

goldmom

Ring of Honor
Mar 29, 2002
Saw a site that named Bern's in Tampa as the state's best. Thoughts?

I enjoyed it one time. Didn't feel like I needed to go back. Anyone else have other favorites?

My favorite dinings in Jax are

Bistro Aix (French fare),
Indochine (Thai),
Casbah Cafe (Mediterranean),
The Loop for casual fare and the best Burgers and Pizza
Others: Pei Wei, La Nopalera
and I've never been to a BBQ joint, chain or not, that I didn't like LOL.

I like Bistro Aix too but I go and see people I know there and the food is just okay.

The Loop Burgers are the best in Jax.

La Nap? Really? Try Tequila's on Baymeadows at 295. It's better.

Will do Goldmom, thanks for the suggestion, I like trying new places
smile.r191677.gif

The guy who started Bistro Aix is the same guy who started the Loop (and Applejacks before that).

Originally posted by GatorTheo:
The guy who started Bistro Aix is the same guy who started the Loop (and Applejacks before that).
Yep, while Mike and I have not seen each other in a long time, we are good friends.

Originally posted by goldmom:

Saw a site that named Bern's in Tampa as the state's best. Thoughts?

I enjoyed it one time. Didn't feel like I needed to go back. Anyone else have other favorites?
Bern's is solid for its steak. Probably gets some extra attention for having the world's largest restaurant wine collection. If you are in Tampa and haven't been, you should go...and take the kitchen/wine cellar tour.

Donatello in Tampa is a great Italian restaurant...bring your big wallet.

Probably need to break down into categories to do a "best" discussion, but we really are blessed to have so many great places to eat in the Tampa area.

I gotta feeling Pass would have his hands full w/ Goldmom. But who knows...he could be swinging a knee knocker.

La Cena in Jacksonville was my favorite spot there. Jerry, the owner and chef, spends a lot of time chatting up the tables and telling you what to eat and drink, which not everybody likes. I lived about three blocks from La Nop and ate there quite a bit. Metro Diner for brunch. European Street for sandwiches and giant beers 2-for-1.

I was just in Miami and had an insane seafood feast at Mignonette. Instead of bread, they brought out croissants and lobster butter!

Pepe's in Key West is one of my all time favorite restaurants.

Originally posted by 93nole99:
I gotta feeling Pass would have his hands full w/ Goldmom. But who knows...he could be swinging a knee knocker.
LOL, I could be swinging a knee knocker or I could be a swinging knee knocker.

La Nap? Really? Try Tequila's on Baymeadows at 295. It's better.
So is Los Portales. They have a location at Belfort/JTB and off 210 in St Johns County. I won't go near La Nopalera, especially the one on Hendricks. I think it's been shut down by the Health Dept on several occasions.

Bistro Aix and BBs are two of my favorites. My new favorite BBQ joint is Woodpeckers. It's in a old beat up building at 210 and SR 13. Datil Pepper Baked Beans and brisket that will make you want to slap your mama.

Originally posted by passoverGator:

Originally posted by 93nole99:
LOL, I could be swinging a knee knocker or I could be a swinging knee knocker.
Or swinging with a knee knocker. You have to think about that one, boys.

No way. Colonel Mustards at Philips/Baymeadows, Poes in Atlantic Beach, Blind Rabbit in Riverside, M-Shack and several other places have burgers better than The Loop.

Pinegrove Market and Deli in Riverside has a kick ass burger. It's made from their dry aged beef. Absolutely delicious.

Originally posted by TexSkills:

No way. Colonel Mustards at Philips/Baymeadows, Poes in Atlantic Beach, Blind Rabbit in Riverside, M-Shack and several other places have burgers better than The Loop.

Pinegrove Market and Deli in Riverside has a kick ass burger. It's made from their dry aged beef. Absolutely delicious.
NO WAY TO YOU SIR....THE LOOP ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually my home grilled burgers are the best in Jax.
Grilled Angus beef, on an oversized fresh onion roll, schmear of blue cheese dressing, thick cheddar slice, fried onions sliced thin, lettuce, tomato, dash of mustard and ketchup and topped with pickle chips (I prefer bread and butter but dill is good too)

Outrageous. Can't you tell it's lunchtime?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT