ADVERTISEMENT

Batteries cost more than the car

You would think DMF would listen to someone with 40 years in an industry. I just worked a deal with a customer trying to trade a 2023 Tesla Y AWD with 8000 miles. MSRP 8 months ago was 66K. We will not stock these units as risks are too great for the reward. Just called it out to a wholesaler..... 32700. HALF depreciation in less than a year. STAY AWAY from this boondoggle
wow...just a quick google of the year, make and model and the dealer retail is $40k...found a 2022 with high miles for $32k...

I thought everyone wanted one @Mdfgator - how can this be?

wow...just a quick google of the year, make and model and the dealer retail is $40k...found a 2022 with high miles for $32k...

MDFer will be back soon to claim he was on vacation somewhere. Even the Nav will take time to lurk and on rare occasions, reply while on his fishing trips. I hate to admit, but I do post here even while I'm on vacations.

😂😂😂😂😂
they do this routinely, its about culling the herd. LOL, why would this be a laughing matter? all the big techs do it, they are all intensely competitive environments. This isnt team sports, stand on an island and dont let the wind blow you around like a week. Jesus.

they do, patience buttercup. like most things during the stimi environment under trump, we front loaded demand for housing cars rolexes etc etc... high rates impact larger purchases more, just look at housing. lowest sales volumes in decades. Use the opportunity to get yourself one, if you can afford it. i promise you will not be dissapointed.

Can you explain why our strategic reserves are almost empty then??? I sure can!
yes, joe let some out to bring down gas prices for you poor people that whine constantly about it. And.................................. we are the worlds largest producer of oil and gas now, its less of a national security issue. if you thought independently for once, you could have figured this out on your own.

High milege or EV's with 5-7 years on their batteries are worth NOTHING....they are TOTALED. If A LOW MILEGE CAR IS WORTH 32k AND ONE THAT IS COMING AT THE END OF ITS BATTERY LIFE (which can cost between 15-30K to replace IF you can get the parts) what is it worth? NADA...nothing. and I LMAO at all the stupid fad chasers who thought fast acceleration was the chit! LOLOL . OI TOLD YOU SO..and warned you.

High milege or EV's with 5-7 years on their batteries are worth NOTHING....they are TOTALED. If A LOW MILEGE CAR IS WORTH 32k AND ONE THAT IS COMING AT THE END OF ITS BATTERY LIFE (which can cost between 15-30K to replace IF you can get the parts) what is it worth? NADA...nothing. and I LMAO at all the stupid fad chasers who thought fast acceleration was the chit! LOLOL . OI TOLD YOU SO..and warned you.
no genius, older tech is worth less than younger tech. i expect that to change as the FSD becomes more of a reality.

yes, joe let some out to bring down gas prices for you poor people that whine constantly about it. And.................................. we are the worlds largest producer of oil and gas now, its less of a national security issue. if you thought independently for once, you could have figured this out on your own.
No longer true...please refrain from lying here on our board, son.

they do this routinely, its about culling the herd. LOL, why would this be a laughing matter? all the big techs do it, they are all intensely competitive environments. This isnt team sports, stand on an island and dont let the wind blow you around like a week. Jesus.
LIAR...or dumb? Chose which one fits best here, son...because what you typed is 100% untrue. They laid these people off because sales are slow. THE END.

Why are we trying to buy oil from Venezuela then?

Reactions: LordofallSocks
The amount he let out barely affected prices but it dramatically increased the odds we wouldn't be able to stay afloat in an emergency.

And we've always been the biggest oil and gas producer because we've had the largest economy. We're also the 3rd largest importer of oil and natural gas in the world...

No, it's because sales are slow.

Educate yourself, son.

"The electric carmaker handed over 386,810 vehicles in the first three months of 2024, the company said in a statement Tuesday. That fell so far short of analysts’ average estimate for 449,080 deliveries that it was its biggest miss ever."

It's a 2022 Model Y, genius

It's not old at all...value dropped 65% in less than 2 years
Yes idiot tech changes and that car was very expensive when purchased try selling your two year old flatscreen. Stop arguing and start listening you’re not close to me. Its a joke

Prices for the model y. The new models are superior obviously to the older models. There is going to be rapid cost reductions and improved metrics for years. It’s on the early part of the s curve. FSD will likely preserve the value of the car once it’s complete, but I expect the prices to drop as the product improves. Just like all new technologies. You people need to stop swinging at ghosts and start thinking for yourselves.

DUMB

Yes idiot tech changes and that car was very expensive when purchased try selling your two year old flatscreen. Stop arguing and start listening you’re not close to me. Its a joke
Does the person who paid $66k lose half of their investment or not?

How do you not understand that this is a problem?

Let me ask you another way - would you spend $66k on a flat screen? How about $30k?

You'll literally crawl over broken glass for your Tesla fetish. It's hard to watch.

PLEASE BE SPECIFIC...what is better. (I HOPE you know the meaning of specific...we shall see) I will check back for your response, son.
He can't

He's gonna bring up FSD like it's some magic formula that's going to flip everything upside down

• Haha
Reactions: Mdfgator
Does the person who paid $66k lose half of their investment or not?

How do you not understand that this is a problem?

Let me ask you another way - would you spend $66k on a flat screen? How about $30k?

You'll literally crawl over broken glass for your Tesla fetish. It's hard to watch.
its not an investment nickel nuts its a car.

here is a good summary for the haters or elon.

He can't

He's gonna bring up FSD like it's some magic formula that's going to flip everything upside down
longer range, improved compute, no its not fsd my 2017 model S is running fsd witht he free trial this month, its amazing by the way. its improved the same way any tech improves, how did flat screens improve from year to year in the early days....the model y price in 2022 was 66k, the new model y now is 48 before the immedeate 7500 credit. so about 41. what do you think will happen to the 2022 models resale value?? again, why am i having to explain this to you? its obvious for anyone without an ax to grind?

its not an investment nickel nuts its a car.

here is a good summary for the haters or elon.
BS it's not an investment. Cars are the second most expensive things most consumers own. If something happens and they need to sell their car, most people can't afford losing half the value virtually overnight. Which is one reason why Toyota is the top carmaker in the US.

PLEASE keep using the flatscreen - you once again prove you have zero clue. People don't want to buy a $66k cell phone....it's one major reason even Tesla is struggling while the rest of the industry had a strong Feb.

And you should watch your sources...Dealer inventories aren't even back to pre-pandemic levels. Whoever you're listening to here can't be bothered to do 30 seconds of research.

BS it's not an investment. Cars are the second most expensive things most consumers own. If something happens and they need to sell their car, most people can't afford losing half the value virtually overnight. Which is one reason why Toyota is the top carmaker in the US.

PLEASE keep using the flatscreen - you once again prove you have zero clue. People don't want to buy a $66k cell phone....it's one major reason even Tesla is struggling while the rest of the industry had a strong Feb.

And you should watch your sources...Dealer inventories aren't even back to pre-pandemic levels. Whoever you're listening to here can't be bothered to do 30 seconds of research.

100% true....cars are DEPRECIATING items...how many people invest in things that they 100% KNOW will lose value. YOU CANNOT FIX STUPID...it is impossible

Reactions: fatman76
100% true....cars are DEPRECIATING items...how many people invest in things that they 100% KNOW will lose value. YOU CANNOT FIX STUPID...it is impossible
Right...everyone knows all cars depreciate until they become rare or collectable, but even then they are crap investments.

The thing a financing consumer cares about is getting upside down. There's NO WAY you can stay above water buying a $66k car that's worth less than half that in two years.

And the resident Tesla fanboy is doubling down on that problem with his "technology" argument...and doesn't even realize it.

We deserve better trolls.

Reactions: gatordad3
You suffer from a crippling lack of reading comphrehension. Nobody is saying Tesla isn't on the bleeding edge of technology.

Nobody is saying Elon Musk isn't a stunningly successful businessman and entrepreneur.
Typical liberal straw man tactics.

Losing one argument? Argue against one that isn’t even being made.

You suffer from a crippling lack of reading comphrehension. Nobody is saying Tesla isn't on the bleeding edge of technology.

Nobody is saying Elon Musk isn't a stunningly successful businessman and entrepreneur.
He is stunning but making a car that’s inferior and won’t catch on. I have told you this before, don’t let anyone ever tell you that you’re not smart.

Anyone can be a mega baller now!!! Insane!! And guess what my lil sheep, the car will get cheaper and better as the years pass. We are at just the tip!!

So what NO ONE is talking about here is the REALLY pissed off Tesla customers. Their biggest fans already bought theirs...and guess what...because he cut the prices so much, they ALL took HUGE losses on the values of their cars they paid PREMIUM prices for. The lady with the Y the other day told us she would NEVER, EVER buy from Musk again. She gets it. This will hurt their sales future

Reactions: fatman76

Technology my lil sheep. It improves at such a rapid pace especially on the front end of the s curve. Its coming bigly

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT