ADVERTISEMENT

Bama’s Jones vs. Trask?

gatorshime

Gator Great
Jan 30, 2002
You know the Heisman voting is AFTER the SEC Championship game? Trask and Jones are gonna be playing for the Heisman that day. Trask has TD’s but, Jones has the other stats and the best team in the nation. Kinda feels like last years LSU game.
Bama has outscored it’s last 5 like 250-50 and. counting depending on the 4th qtr tonight.

If Trask can have a respectable stat line around 240 yards, 2 TDs, and no turnovers he has a good chance. If Mac scores like 5 TDs and Trask fails to make a dent in that Bama D it is Mac’s.

It’s an individual award. Tebow won it with his worst team.
Yep. And that season's defense reminds me of this year's Gator D. Not good. at. all. It's feast or famine. We either have no offense at all or don't have any defense at all. We haven't been balanced since 2008/09.

1) Trask and Jones are not playing against each other.
Trask is facing the Bama D, while Jones is facing the Gator D...
A huge advantage for Jones imoho.

2) Jones is supported by the Bama OL, a 5-star RB, with the #1 Team.
Trask is putting up better stats than the last 3 Heisman QB's with the #6 Team.
Danny had a career best 'full' season with 39 TD's.
Trask already has 38 TD's in just 9 all SEC opponent games, with just 3 Ints.... :eek:

3) Put Jones with the Gator offensive team.
Put Trask with the Bama offensive team.
And the gap between them would widen by a Quantum Leap.... 🤓

I guess we'll see what the overall credibility of the Heisman voters is shortly....

Too bad we don't have a "pure" photo image option here. I'd have to post a back peddling gif. o_O

With BYU losing to Coastal Carolina, all of the analysts who've been creaming their pants over Zach Wilson can now STFU, especially the former Dwag Aaron Murray, who actually sucks as an analyst.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Regarding the Heisman, the media diatribe is that Mac Jones and Kyle Trask are neck & neck by just looking at numbers alone (which they are not). But this ignores Trask's talents that Jones just does not have. Trask is next level at manipulating safeties with his eyes, throwing his wide receivers open and reading defenses before and after the snap. When you combine that with the indisputable fact that Alabama's offensive line is considerably better than Florida's, one can clearly see that Trask is doing more high level QB play while he is under consistently more pressure than is Mac Jones.

Not to take anything away from Jones, but unlike Trask, he is not his team's entire offense. With that OL, Najee Harris, and all of those NFL receivers, you expect him to have good numbers.

The questions to ask when comparing the 2 QBs are simple; if you took Trask off the Gators, and he played for Alabama, would he put up similar or better numbers? On the other hand, if you took Jones from Alabama and he started for UF, would his numbers be close to Trask's? Trask's skills are repeatable on any team. The same cannot be said for Mac Jones.

Trask has what some of our own fans say an “off” game and ends up winning the National Player of the Week! LOL

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Our best coached team and offense by far... defense is worse than that offense from 12
Our defense this year is the worst tackling team I have ever witnessed short of pee-wee football. I am not kidding when I state that if I were to go back and watch the Tennessee game in slow motion, I would count at LEAST 50 missed tackles by our team in only 60 minutes of play.

Our defense this year is the worst tackling team I have ever witnessed short of pee-wee football. I am not kidding when I state that if I were to go back and watch the Tennessee game in slow motion, I would count at LEAST 50 missed tackles by our team in only 60 minutes of play.
I love our Gators but unless we score on every possession I think that we lose. Our defense is terrible...the linebackers and secondary just can't cover and you're right the tackling is bad.

Insta hates Todd Grantham and thinks he’s the worst DC in the whole wide world 😮

Someone call Dan Mullen because Insta was right about Trask being your next Wuerffel/Tebow hybrid based on his shoe and cup size and merit badges.

Trask already has 38 TD's in just 9 all SEC opponent games, with just 3 Ints.... :eek:

I guess we'll see what the overall credibility of the Heisman voters is shortly....

Regarding the Heisman, the media diatribe is that Mac Jones and Kyle Trask are neck & neck by just looking at numbers alone (which they are not). But this ignores Trask's talents that Jones just does not have. Trask is next level at manipulating safeties with his eyes, throwing his wide receivers open and reading defenses before and after the snap. When you combine that with the indisputable fact that Alabama's offensive line is considerably better than Florida's, one can clearly see that Trask is doing more high level QB play while he is under consistently more pressure than is Mac Jones.

Not to take anything away from Jones, but unlike Trask, he is not his team's entire offense. With that OL, Najee Harris, and all of those NFL receivers, you expect him to have good numbers.

The questions to ask when comparing the 2 QBs are simple; if you took Trask off the Gators, and he played for Alabama, would he put up similar or better numbers? On the other hand, if you took Jones from Alabama and he started for UF, would his numbers be close to Trask's? Trask's skills are repeatable on any team. The same cannot be said for Mac Jones.

Jus-damn, that sounds a lot like what I just posted.... :cool:

FSUcksMC and his like posting here should be listened to by all non haters for information on things of zero importance. For everything else, just ignore their idiocy... :p

Dan + Todd are currently 29-6 after taking over a losing cluster 4-8 program. The village idiots believe that the Gators got to 29-6 without an outstanding defense, and Trask was an accident that just stumbled into the job. They like to tell themselves that they know what the UAA and AD should do, but nobody in the whole wide world would ever hire them for their own evaluation skills or for their own decision making. Loser mouth-foamers imo. 😏

I was correct about Kyle Morris, Terry Dean, and Doug Johnson, among many others (Del-Rio, Appleby, Zaire, Franks) through the years.
I have also occasionally been incorrect on a player or a coach, just like every other fan.
I've never lost anything for being incorrect a few times, and I've never won anything for being correct many times. :rolleyes:

But hey, we still need you village idiot trolls to keep things funny here, so thanks for your input, cause I need the occasional laugh, and you twit dweebs rarely fail to supply me with one... 🤣

FSUcksMC and his like posting here should be listened to by all non haters for information on things of zero importance. For everything else, just ignore their idiocy... :p

Dan + Todd are currently 29-6 after taking over a losing cluster 4-8 program. The village idiots believe that the Gators got to 29-6 without an outstanding defense, and Trask was an accident that just stumbled into the job. They like to tell themselves that they know what the UAA and AD should do, but nobody in the whole wide world would ever hire them for their own evaluation skills or for their own decision making. Loser mouth-foamers imo. 😏

I was correct about Kyle Morris, Terry Dean, and Doug Johnson, among many others (Del-Rio, Appleby, Zaire, Franks) through the years.
I have also occasionally been incorrect on a player or a coach, just like every other fan.
I've never lost anything for being incorrect a few times, and I've never won anything for being correct many times. :rolleyes:

But hey, we still need you village idiot trolls to keep things funny here, so thanks for your input, cause I need the occasional laugh, and you twit dweebs rarely fail to supply me with one... 🤣
Glad to be of service sir.

Trask is more deserving and what he has done has been more impressive for a few reasons.

1) Mac Jones drops back to pass and can check his watch 3 times before he gets any pressure. He’s playing pretty much behind an NFL oline.
2) He also has one of the better RBs and running games to support him.

Jones can have an average game and Bama still wins by 30-40 points. Not the case if Trask was to have an average game for UF.

Trask is very good but his stats are inflated. Gators have zero running game and are a pass only team. In addition, Jones typically doesn’t play the 4th quarter. So with not throwing as often (85 times less than Trask) and not playing as much, Jones has a better completion percentage, more yards per attempt and a much better passer rating. Either would be worthy of the award but I am like Herbstreet, I would vote for Devonta Smith.

Outstanding defenses don't give up big time 3rd down conversions like we've seen from the past 3 seasons, all under 3rd and Grantham.

Because they didn’t need to pass. If you can run it down their throats, you run it down their throats.

oh please. I get your narrative about Florida not being able to run the ball, but come on.

more importantly, your previous premise is flawed. Trask should be having a much more difficult time if we're just one dimensional. Jones should be flourishing because they have a strong passing AND running game, so you can't just focus on one or the other.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
They are very unlikely to win the SEC-C.
They are not going to play in the CFP.
Being a 2X NY-6 Bowl winner after a decade of FUBAR is nothing.

Fire them all, beginning with the stupid/incompetent AD that hired them.
Then flush out all of the bums that have been recruited and start over.
The 'Gator Standard' is a joke, along with many of the entitled fans that surround them....

Last edited:
They are very unlikely to win the SEC-C.
They are not going to play in the CFP.
Being a 2X NY-6 Bowl winner after a decade of FUBAR is nothing.

Fire them all, beginning with the stupid/incompetent AD that hired them.
Then flush out all of the bums that have been recruited and start over.
The 'Gator Standard' is a joke, alone with many of the entitled fans that surround them....

lol classic insta.

And now anyone that ever allowed Grantham to be hired has to be fired.

he's such a child.
Well he was right about Trask. I say listen to him and fire the whole staff. You guys need to restart the whole program again. Please..

Not my weekend for kickers. First, our reliable kicker now is an average kicker and my Minnesota Viking kicker may be the worse kicker in the world. Missed 4 FG’s snd 2 XP’s in 2 weeks. WS 27/29 last year. I do some small betting in Bovado and after we lost I did 2 bets for Bama. A teaser to with 7 points to make it Bama -7 and the Over which went down to 65. I also did a straight up in Bama -14. Since then the line has gone IN A DAY to -17.5. They look awesome and we look like shit. If we win I’ll be the happiest loser in the world.
Some other lines this Sat.
OSU -21 vs. Northwestern
Clemson -10 vs. Notre Dame
FSU -7 vs. Wake Forest

GS

oh please. I get your narrative about Florida not being able to run the ball, but come on.

more importantly, your previous premise is flawed. Trask should be having a much more difficult time if we're just one dimensional. Jones should be flourishing because they have a strong passing AND running game, so you can't just focus on one or the other.
With 85 fewer attempts, Jones is a little less than 400 total yards passing behind Trask. Given equal attempts he would need to average approximately 4.5 yards per attempt to equal passing yards and as pointed out earlier he leads Trask in all other passing categories except TD passes. The Heisman will be determined this Saturday.

He's upset about the defense continuing to suck even after he clearly explained that the statistics show they are great.

Ignorant / whinny children never understand subtle remarks, and I don't really G-a-S enough to bother with explaining things to them.

Another of the many things here that I find amusing is, that these village idiots really believe that they can speak for the million+ in the Gator Nation, or that those millions agree with their constant sniveling BS. 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT