ADVERTISEMENT

Bad fit or bad coach

PlutoDroid

Rowdy Reptile
Aug 16, 2015
This will be the last time I will use the words Jim McElwain and Gator coach.

Was McElwain's arrogance and inability to understand our culture his undoing?

His strength and conditoning program was not up to SEC standards. He was extremely thin skinned and fabricated death threats. He wasnt even a great recruiter.

I wonder if he will get another shot like Muschamp. I say yes and believe he wasnt a terrible coach just a bad fit. Drop the ego Jim, best regards.

This will be the last time I will use the words Jim McElwain and Gator coach.

His strength and conditoning program was not up to SEC standards. He was extremely thin skinned and fabricated death threats. He wasnt even a great recruiter.

I wonder if he will get another shot like Muschamp. I say yes and believe he wasnt a terrible coach just a bad fit. Drop the ego Jim, best regards.

I’m still cautiously Dreading the moment I see this headline

BREAKING NEWS: ESPN sources learn that the NCAA is investigating the Univeristy of Florida for potential violations at the program during the McElwain tenure.

That sleezy slut had to be doing wrong things and even sucked at that.

I’m still cautiously Dreading the moment I see this headline

BREAKING NEWS: ESPN sources learn that the NCAA is investigating the Univeristy of Florida for potential violations at the program during the McElwain tenure.

That sleezy slut had to be doing wrong things and even sucked at that.
If he committed violations and still :rolleyes:was the worst recruiter in modern Florida history he should never be allowed near a sideline.

The guy bungled the Will Grier situation, the credit card scandal and even that stupid shark picture.

We all wanted to like him after his little quips and stories upon being hired. I was foolish enough to say he should have been given one more year with another recruiting class.

Thankfully Stricklin is running the program and not listening to knucklehead fans like me, unlike a certain someone in orange(now gone)

Reactions: GatorNation79
If he committed violations and still :rolleyes:was the worst recruiter in modern Florida history he should never be allowed near a sideline.

The guy bungled the Will Grier situation, the credit card scandal and even that stupid shark picture.

We all wanted to like him after his little quips and stories upon being hired. I was foolish enough to say he should have been given one more year with another recruiting class.

Thankfully Stricklin is running the program and not listening to knucklehead fans like me, unlike a certain someone in orange(now gone)
To hell with MacElwanger...worst coach in Gator history...BYE LOSER!

Reactions: PlutoDroid
To hell with MacElwanger...worst coach in Gator history...BYE LOSER!

The difference between Mullen and McElwain is really easy to spot in my eyes.

I really tried to convince myself I liked McElwain. He spouts off about fan expectations and criticism, ok I like his fire I think. The shark photo and his outrage over it, well I can see why he wouldnt like that. The Will Grier suspension, well it wasnt his guy to begin with.

Then the credit card scandals and the QB musical chairs, blowout losses to FSU twice, Alabama twice and Michigan twice. After all that I was still in his corner hoping he could turn it all around and then the false death threats to his family.

I know we expect results but to make up a story like that, bye. I was hoping for no buyout.

Now Mullen seems like a man ready to win. He knows whats expected of him and when he was asked about his wifes comments and his own he owned them. He said the lateral move comment was coach speak and who would want him working at a place he sees as inferior.

Watching him speak I didnt keep saying I like this guy. I just did and for the first time since Meyer left we have a headcoach worthy of the position at Florida.

Sorry coach. And soft. Thank God I won't have to see those buttered teeth ever again.
We can watch him in the new Star Wars movie though.

Actually I take that back, Mark Hamill actually does his job and doesn't like killing sharks.

Some coaches can do well at the 2nd tier level, and then move up and do well at 1st tier. (some can't and it usually shows fairly quickly)

Other coaches do okay at the 1st tier, but not good enough, and so they move back down to 2nd tier jobs where they can do very well again.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_principle

good coach maybe really really good .. horrible recruiter .. so bad he could not even recognize one and hire them. He needed to start off fast on offensive talent and simply did not do it. a Top shelf QB should have been his first need - get ETC ..
my guess he thought kids would be drawn to his offense and his success and his history with Saban and did not see the importance or need to get 1-2 elite offensive recuiters to help him.

mullens meyers and fedora could not have produced a good offense with the UF talent .. BUT
their second year they would have recruited elite talent and shown flashes and by year 3 been killing it ..

JMHO - like his offens and play calling for what players he had but he did not have the horse and was never going to get them.
NO he does not get a shot since he can not recruit .. which is what got Zook and Muschamp a second shot

Ray Graves, Doug Dickey, Charlie Pell, and Steve Spurrier were good cultural fits here at UF. I can't agree that any of the others post-Graves were, including Mullen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT