ADVERTISEMENT

Back Early from SAT PRACTICE "Full Pads"

gnaffgator88

Rowdy Reptile
Jun 12, 2006
I wasn't there but for 10 minutes when they blew the whistle and the whole team gathered for 1 on 1 hitting. I think the CIRCLE OF LIFE. Correct me if I'm wrong. It's usually veterans at first, then some of the newcomers and younger players give it a shot. They go pretty fast, and I can't remember it all.

I thought about titling this "Percy Harvin isn't no prima donna." Well then, let me ask you, "Who is the hardest hitting DB on the team, and one of hardest hitting ever to play here?" Major Wright. Percy Harvin and Major Wright were the fist two to square off. Percy Harvin exploded and trucked Major Wright. Now, Harvin could have sat that one out, and just done some pretty little pass catching moves and jog it through 10 yards. But instead, he jumps right in there and goes first. That's called being a leader. Percy Harvin isn't afraid to get dirty. He kills Wright. Wright was a little embarrassed. Percy Harvin is so explosive that I think he suprised Wright. Deonte Thompson didn't look to bad either. He beat my boy Janoris Jenkins. That's okay, most of the newcomers didn't know what to expect.

Another notable was Dustin Doe. Now let me ask you, "Who is the toughest at this drill on the team?" The answer would have been Aaron Hernandez. Well, Dustin Doe stepped right up and beat his ass. Good job Dustin Doe. When everybody else was counting off, trying not to get matched with Hernandez because of the way Hernandez beat Spikes last year, Doe stepped right in there and delivered. That's good news for UF. Another LBer that impressed me was Lo Edwards. He tried to get in there over and over. He wanted more and more. This was when others were just sitting in the back trying not to get called. That tells me he wants to play.

The best battle all day.....I think you guys are going to be suprised.....was Torrey Davis against Jim Tartt. Isn't Tartt known as a road grader? It was a stalemate that went on for two solid minutes, helmuts coming off, them still going at it. Man, I was proud of Torrey Davis. He was going to war with Jim Tarrt. He went at it like he is embracing the idea of loving football. I tried to yell "Way to go Torrey," but I don't think he heard me. The players were all jumping around.

Oh, let me go back to Percy versus Major. Right after Percy trucked Major, Coach Meyer said, "What are we going to give up 500 f&^%ing yards a game? Go again!"

The first time Carl Moore went he didn't look to good. Well, his attitude was different this time. You can't go into it without the attitude that it's life or death. And that's what he did the second time. Afterward, Coach Meyer said, "Welcome to Florida, Carl!" Carl was walking off with a very intense expression on his face. Coach Meyer tried to get his attention, "Carl...Carl....Carl." Once he got his attention, Coach Meyer gave Carl a salute. That was big. It showed that Carl Moore will compete.

Everybody wants to know about Emmanual Moody. I have good knews for you. They were on the far field, RBs and LBers. They started off 20 yards apart, the LBers had to tackle the RBs in the open field. Moody never got tackled. He eluded tackles a variety of ways, either by making a nice open field move and totally juking the defender; by making a quick little move and bouncing through the tackle; and by by completely running through a solid attempt at a tackle. Hicks came and put a nice lick on Moody, but Moody exploded through the tackle, kept his legs pumping and popped free and took it to the endzone. Guys, he makes it look easy. He's not only talented, he's a tough competitor. All of the other running backs were getting tackled about 1 times out of every 2 chances. Not Moody, they couldn't tackle him.

Epps and Brown looked pretty good in the CIRCLE OF LIFE. It's new to them but they get in there and compete and keep driving their legs.

Oh, Dorian Munroe won everytime he went up against anybody.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News