ADVERTISEMENT

Asking for help for a family- youth sports related

mhillier13

Gator Great
Dec 10, 2004
I have been a member of this board for over 20 years and I post infrequently, but I would like to ask for support for a family. I am the manager of a soccer team that is very competitive and has significant expenses. In February alone, we will travel to Savannah, Melbourne, Orlando, and Atlanta. For those of you that have had a child in a highly competitive team, you know the financial stress it can cause. Yesterday, I learned that one of our players and their family had to sleep in their car in 40 degree weather in Savannah and had to eat french fries off of the McDonald's value meal for their meals. The player is a great kid and the family is amazing. The club helps with initial registration fees, but doesn't cover team related expenses. I am donating what I can to the family, but it isn't nearly enough to cover their needs. I am hoping that Gator Nation can pull together to help this family. If you can, please send whatever you are comfortable with. I will make sure 100% of the donation goes directly to the family.

Venmo, Paypal, or Zelle: mhillier13@aol.com

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News