ADVERTISEMENT

Arik Gilbert to UF!!

LOL... much closer to home, family likes UGA and closeness, and the years of relationships with a few of our coaches.
Could even be the QB situation... you said it yourself last year that the lack of 2020 Spring football would hurt UGA with our new OC.
All that said, it's not a done deal yet but someone connected is expecting him enrolled this week.
LOL.

These 5 star guys are only looking at the NFL and getting paid, and taking the best path to get there. What is the one thing that would make a guy take a chance on a lower payday tomorrow? A bigger payday today.

LOL.

These 5 star guys are only looking at the NFL and getting paid, and taking the best path to get there. What is the one thing that would make a guy take a chance on a lower payday tomorrow? A bigger payday today.
LOL is right... at your insulting families you don't even know. Do you feel the same about Brenton Cox? SMH

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
@LizardGrad89 ... and it's official. Gilbert is now a Dawg... so is Clemson All-ACC CB transfer Derion Kendrick. Good day for the Dawgs.
And don't forget Tykee Smith...the 5th ranked DB returning in 2021. Kirby proving to be the portal king. Just an amazing job filling needs. Hope it works out.

Brent Rollins
@PFF_Brent

When lined up as a slot corner in '20: -

Tykee Smith - 84.3 grade (#1 in Power 5), 103 yds, 8 first downs & 1 TD on 32 tgts -

Tyrique Stevenson - 62.5 grade, 264 yds, 11 first downs & 1 TD on 29 tgts -

Mark Webb - 59.7 grade, 229 yds, 8 first downs & 3 TDs on 30 tgts

8:37 PM · Apr 5, 2021
https://twitter.com/intent/like?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1379231695078105091|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://ugawire.usatoday.com/2021/04/06/tykee-smith-transfers-georgia-bulldogs-football-wvu/&tweet_id=1379231695078105091

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
LOL is right... at your insulting families you don't even know. Do you feel the same about Brenton Cox? SMH
That's rather ironic from you considering NO ACTIVE COACH IN Division 1 FOOTBALL IS WORSE AT TAKING 4 AND 5 STAR TALENT AND NOT GETTING THEM INTO THE NFL, THAN KIRBY THE PAYDAY. Kirby Smart is at the very top of the active head coaching list of coaches who have the least chance of developing you and getting you into the NFL.

You dawgs act like just because you get all 7 trillion 5, 6, 7, and 8* players each recruiting cycle, that you are able to improve them to the point they are an NFL viable product. History states quite the contrary, and no, 2020 was a decent year for UGLY, but it does NOT budge Beaver from the #1 spot on wasting talent.

That or you guys just have a freaking gift from god for recruiting players that are HIGHLY overrated in high school.

Dawgs will win by 3 TD’s this year....

You were so wrong in just about everything you posted in the thread I attached that it is probably better you no longer post here.

Just because I had some time and was bored I looked this up for you guys.

Gator TE's: All are 3-4 stars, just like 4-star #5 TE Pitts 22 offers, a 1/4 Draft Pick

2017 #7 TE Kemore Gamble 6-4 252 rsSr - Southridge, Miami - 17 offers

2019 #2 TE Keon Zipperer 6-3 240 Jr - Lakeland, FL - 32 offers

Gamble & Zipperer had better production as Pitts backup than Gilbert had in 2020

2020 #22 TE Jonathan Odom 6-6 240 rsFr - Jesuit, Tampa (Gator/NFL Father OL Jason)
Offers: UF--UA-AU-Ark-LSU-SCa-VU--- 38 Offers
Duke-FSU-GaT-Io-UL-Mia-Mich-MichSt-Neb-NC-tOSU-PSU-Pitt-Va-VaT-WVa-Wis

2021 #15 TE Nick Elksnis 6-6 237 Fr - Episcopal, Jacksonville
Offers: UF--MsSt-SCa-TN--- 21 Offers - In school for Spring as an EE.
FSU-GaT-Mia-Mich-Neb-NC-PSU-tOSU-Va-VaT-WVa-BC-UCF

2021 #12 TE Gage Wilcox 6-4 228 Fr - Jefferson, Tampa
Offers: UF--UA-AU-UGly-UK-MS-SCa
FSU-GaT-IO-Mia-Mich-tOSU-PSU-UCF-etc.. 18 Offers

2022 #36 TE CJ Hawkins 6-7 220 - Berkley Prep, Tampa
Offers: UF-- UA-UGly-UK-MS-SCa-Tn
AzSt-FSU-GaT-MichSt-Pitt-TX-VaT-UCF-USF
Duke-Stanford-Yale-etc.... (smart enough to not pick UGly)
With 29 offers from those schools and 247 only rates him a 3-star???
😂

Take those star ratings and shove them, I'm going by Gator coaches and other top offers.
As I've been saying for months, I wouldn't trade any of Dan's roster TE's for Gilbert.
And while I would have taken him as a xfer, I'm happier that he went to UGly.

Why did he go to UGly instead of UF?
Because he might play at UGly, and he can likely stay academically eligible there....
🤗

• Haha
Reactions: UGAly

You were so wrong in just about everything you posted in the thread I attached that it is probably better you no longer post here.
Oh Paco, it took him 7 months to get up the courage to come back after last year's butt whipping, and you went and banned him right off. Poor guy.

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Georgia really is this year's Tennessee. Charmin soft back end to the schedule last year has given them false hope for the upcoming season. Let's see how Daniels reacts to a real honest-to-God pass rush. Clemson is going to have him curled up in a ball, whimpering "no mas". Kid's brittle. And, having seen his backups in action, if Clemson takes him out Dwags could easily be 8-4 this year.

Reactions: fsu939913
Georgia really is this year's Tennessee. Charmin soft back end to the schedule last year has given them false hope for the upcoming season. Let's see how Daniels reacts to a real honest-to-God pass rush. Clemson is going to have him curled up in a ball, whimpering "no mas". Kid's brittle. And, having seen his backups in action, if Clemson takes him out Dwags could easily be 8-4 this year.
You're freaking crazy... LOL. For the record, we're going to beat Clemson by 10.
What's your Florida projection for this year?

You're freaking crazy... LOL. For the record, we're going to beat Clemson by 10.
For the record, no, you aren't. Do you think because they lost some guys they will take a step back? You never think that about yourselves, and they recruit BETTER than you. Kirby has been on a three year slide. I see no reason for that to change.

For you, a lot will depend on whether Daniels nuts up this year. Don't think we didn't notice that he "just couldn't get well enough to play" until after you had gotten past the tough part of your schedule. We also haven't forgotten he ran to the West Coast to play touch football, and STILL managed to blow out his knee. There are a lot of guys who can throw well against air. Let's see what he does with a helmet in his chest. We've seen your experienced backups at work, wouldn't be surprised to see the #2 guy be Vandergriff. Do you want to be playing the SEC schedule with a true frosh QB? Yes, I know you've done that before, but do you think you can hand it off 65% of the time this year and win games? We've seen what passing attacks do to your defense, and it's not pretty.

As for us, I would LOVE to predict a great year, but as we both know, we still have Todd Grantham. I simply cannot be optimistic while he's on the sidelines. I won't admit what I think our record will be, but suffice to say I don't see double digit wins.

Dan's X-fer Portal Guys:

Florida’s recent success also can’t be overlooked. Florida added receivers Van Jefferson (2nd round pick) and Trevon Grimes (undrafted free agent) in 2018. In 2019, Florida added defensive end Jonathan Greenard (round 3 selection), wide receiver Justin Shorter (contributed a great deal in 2020), and BUCK Brenton Cox (started at BUCK in 2020) among other transfers that look to be payers for the Gators in the future.

https://247sports.com/college/flori...ansfers-according-to-Athlon-Sports-165970459/

Last edited:
Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
This most likely - we have to hope GA loses another SEC game. It sucks a Clemson loss has no bearing on things except playoff hopes.
I looked over their schedule. I see they get Arkansas for their rotational west game. I believe they win that. I'm hoping AU gets after them with a new coach but that's unlikely. Is Bo Pix still running that offense? The rest of the east is what it always is. Subpar. They may slip up somewhere on the way. Who knows.

Reactions: Gator Fever
I looked over their schedule. I see they get Arkansas for their rotational west game. I believe they win that. I'm hoping AU gets after them with a new coach but that's unlikely. Is Bo Pix still running that offense? The rest of the east is what it always is. Subpar. They may slip up somewhere on the way. Who knows.

Yep us catching Bama and Auburn probably being down gives them a nice advantage. If we win the head to head I would say its 50/50 who takes the division if that QB of theirs can play at all.

Yep us catching Bama and Auburn probably being down gives them a nice advantage. If we win the head to head I would say its 50/50 who takes the division if that QB of theirs can play at all.
The good thing (for us) is that we have pretty much owned Auburn for a while now....on a 13-3 run right now. I'm betting we don't lose a conference game this year.

Reactions: superdawg51
The UF and UGA game will be interesting this yr. Im interested to see UFs offense and how its changed to make it work.

The good thing (for us) is that we have pretty much owned Auburn for a while now....on a 13-3 run right now. I'm betting we don't lose a conference game this year.
Naw, you'll lose 2 games at the least: UF, and then UA in the SEC-C game, (if you even get there).
😜

(so I'm hoping that you bet that dried up peanut farm on your undefeated SEC record)

• Haha
Reactions: GADAWGinIraq

so Auburn picked up the LSU transfer, TJ Finley, that started after Miles Brennan got injured. He played very well and ended up getting replaced by fellow freshman Max Johnson (who beat us).

he recently transferred after spring ball. Listened to him talk about it on After Further Review with Matt Moscona. Kid is talented. Better than Nix.

so Auburn picked up the LSU transfer, TJ Finley, that started after Miles Brennan got injured. He played very well and ended up getting replaced by fellow freshman Max Johnson (who beat us).

he recently transferred after spring ball. Listened to him talk about it on After Further Review with Matt Moscona. Kid is talented. Better than Nix.
"Better than Nix".

I would hope so. Hopefully, for their sake, he's much better.

I hate Auburn like poison, but we don't play them, and the Bammers and UGaly do, so...

Tell me right now we are playing the Barn in the SECCG (because, if they win both those games, we probably are), I say "sign me up".

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- A seemingly constant and daily source of conversation for Florida fans given the current program backdrop is recruiting vs. development. With stalwart recruiter -- but perhaps so-so gameday coach and developer -- Kirby Smart coaching rival Georgia, there has been a stark contrast between the Georgia program and the Florida program led by Dan Mullen.

With all these expensive transfers they must have asked him to take a pay cut.
If their secret is just bags then frankly that annoys me. Not bc they’re getting away with it but bc we aren’t. There’s no downside to dropping bags since even if you get caught you only get a slap on the wrist. You don’t get any points for “moral victories” and frankly I don’t care if we drop bags all over the place. I doubt it’s just money, but if that’s it, then I’m pissed that we’re not doing it. Why shouldn’t we?

If their secret is just bags then frankly that annoys me. Not bc they’re getting away with it but bc we aren’t. There’s no downside to dropping bags since even if you get caught you only get a slap on the wrist. You don’t get any points for “moral victories” and frankly I don’t care if we drop bags all over the place. I doubt it’s just money, but if that’s it, then I’m pissed that we’re not doing it. Why shouldn’t we?
We learned why in 1984. All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.

One day Georgia might win something with all this talent. You know after jumping out to a 14-0 lead in last years game Florida outscores them 44-14 with a fraction of the on field talent Georgia allegedly has? And Florida finally has a dual threat QB this season? False sense of optimism from Dawgs for no reason, as usual.

Reactions: gatordad3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT