ADVERTISEMENT

AR the #1 pick?

And also on the duel threats, it’s only recently that teams are just turning over offenses to them, using heavy RPO’s etc… case in point is Fields who it took his coaches almost a year and a half to figure out you should feature the qb run, not work around it. it’s a lot easier to read a defense if they have to worry about the qb tucking it and running for 30 every drop back.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
It wouldn't be as egregious but I wouldn't take him till the 3rd or 4th rd. I've been wrong before but I just don't think his game translates to the NFL very well. The one thing you have to be in the NFL is accurate and he's just not.

He kind of reminds me of EJ Manuel (Fsu QB who was taken in the 1st rd) and the report on him was pretty much the same. EJ was 6'5" 230, could run, strong arm, but not a lot of accuracy and that's ultimately what doomed him in the NFL. I think Richardson will suffer the same fate.

I know coaches take chances on QBs with elite tools/size but this one is kind of obvious to me. Now watch his ass win like 3 MVPs after me saying this lol
I don't disagree with you. But here's the thing. He will either be a boom or a bust. I can't see him being "ok". If you think he's going to boom, you take him first round. If you think he's going to bust, why take him at all? 3rd or 4th round, that's where it would be a waste of a pick, because you evidently think he's not going to boom, and nobody else does either, or he wouldn't still be available. Better to take somebody you think will provide depth at a key position and pick up a QB in free agency. At least you can get a little veteran leadership. If you think you can take that physicality and move him to another position, ok, 6th or 7th round, but not as a QB. Then it's 1st round or don't draft at all.

Reactions: gatordad3
I don't disagree with you. But here's the thing. He will either be a boom or a bust. I can't see him being "ok". If you think he's going to boom, you take him first round. If you think he's going to bust, why take him at all? 3rd or 4th round, that's where it would be a waste of a pick, because you evidently think he's not going to boom, and nobody else does either, or he wouldn't still be available. Better to take somebody you think will provide depth at a key position and pick up a QB in free agency. At least you can get a little veteran leadership. If you think you can take that physicality and move him to another position, ok, 6th or 7th round, but not as a QB. Then it's 1st round or don't draft at all.

Tbh I wouldn't take him at all but if he's a backup I think he's worth a 3rd or 4th rd pick. I think he's a 2 yr project at min with a a high chance of never working out but with his size and spd maybe he switches positions or can provide depth in a pinch. I just don't think he's good enough at the one thing you have to be elite at. Sucks he didn't play 1 more yr of college football

Reactions: emekz1
There is a difference between not playing or trying 100% and being too scared to play or try 100% when the lights come on.
I got the feeling, even with Mullen, that he (or his team or whatever) was holding himself out of games at times. I referenced it earlier, but remember when he sat a game for Mullen and the cameras caught him doing a standing backflip in pads on the sideline!?

I also wondered as the season went on if he was preserving his health a bit and that was why he NEVER kept it on read plays.

Reactions: emekz1
Congrats to him, but it’s absurd that AR was a higher NFL draft pick than Kyle Trask.
It’s all because of physical traits and their “ceilings”. I’ve seen these NFL GMs call AR a “unicorn”. They have literally seen nothing like him at the QB position when it comes to the physical makeup of a QB. They are almost totally disregarding his passing ability.

It’s all because of physical traits and their “ceilings”. I’ve seen these NFL GMs call AR a “unicorn”. They have literally seen nothing like him at the QB position when it comes to the physical makeup of a QB. They are almost totally disregarding his passing ability.
Nor his decision-making under duress.

Reactions: sadgator and emekz1
I wish him well, but looks like a disaster coming for the Colts. Guys like AR who don't have good decision skills last only as long as their legs let them buy more time. When the legs go, so goes the QB. Reminds me a lot of RGIII, and how that ended up. AR is highly injury prone to begin with.

I’d be more worried about his mindset than his throwing. If all he did was run, he’d be a good nfl qb, and guys would be running loose all over the field. But it didn’t look to me like he wants to run. It looked to me at UF that what he wanted was to get drafted and now he’s done that.

Pretty much the same face sadgator made all of last fall when thinking about Anthony Richardson….

3cf83-16826564083291-1920.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT