ADVERTISEMENT

Any chance the government can stay shut down?

BigOleNastyGator

Ring of Honor
Sep 27, 2002
I did read that drones and the NSA are still open for business, so we have that going for us, which is nice.

A local news station was lamenting the fact that our asteroid detection program was temporarily shut down, they way they reported this story you'd think they were as common as tornadoes.

They were also whining about some panda cam thing.

We should have kept all that shite and shut down the freaking NSA.

ummmmmmmm...no. they don't want the sheeple to realize the emperor has no clothes or that the booming voice behind the curtain is that of a wee little petty tyrant.

Biggest thing I have seen people complain about so far is that the 400+ national parks are closed. My first response is WTH does the Federal govt own so much land in the states??? Turn that property back over to the states, let them decide if they want to open it up. Problem, solved.

And of course the overall notion of these so-called shutdowns is ridiculous. We are not spending any less, much of the govt still functions, and once it starts back up, any payments that were missed will be made up for.

And in good news, the EPA has determined that only 8% of its personnel are "essential". Oh, if only that would hold up after our government is again open for business. Ya think?

Originally posted by djegators:
And of course the overall notion of these so-called shutdowns is ridiculous. We are not spending any less, much of the govt still functions, and once it starts back up, any payments that were missed will be made up for.
Wait, what? The GOV can come after me events occured while their shutdown? I better turn the flue gas desulfurization unit back on...

It won't make it til friday. If it stayed shut down, most people would realize how little is essential and that would hurt both parties... Ultimately it is about their power not the people.

Originally posted by ubergator74:
Wait, what? The GOV can come after me events occured while their shutdown? I better turn the flue gas desulfurization unit back on...
Too bad I can't un-eat that bald eagle I had for dinner last night.

Originally posted by Hoppo:

Originally posted by ubergator74:
Too bad I can't un-eat that bald eagle I had for dinner last night.
Stringy. Try the manatee.

Here's a question for everyone to ponder.

All non-essential government personnel were sent home.

Yet, we were also told that over weekend people were working round the clock to fix the healthcare.gov website so people could sign up for Obamacare--well they could look at the policies offered and decide they can't afford them because that's happening quite a bit (deductibles in excess of $10,000 are common).

So the CDC isn't essential but IT types for Obamacare's website are essential?

Politics . . .

My understanding is that without obamacare many millions of people will die. That is why conservatives don't want it.

There's a news piece out of Orlando this morning that part of the application process for Obamacare is a credit check. People are stunned. Apparently, if you have poor credit then your rates will be higher or you can be denied coverage.

How many of those "48 million" Americans are going to get covered by Obamacare?

Originally posted by Hoppo:
I'm making a Manpangle this weekend. Manatee stuffed with a Florida Panther, stuffed with a bald eagle.
laugh.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT