ADVERTISEMENT

ALLEY EXTRA: My take on Patrick Johnson

Mark Wheeler

Inside the Gators Publisher
May 2, 2004
As I said after speaking to Patrick Johnson's father Patrick Peterson last week, I had a feeling that during our conversation he may have tipped where PJ was going to end up.

First and foremost, this is my opinion based on what he said.

When laying out the time-line Mr. Peterson talked about how hectic the schedule was going to be, how they had to do something before Christmas (plus he said that they were going to alert the media as to Johnson's choice, why do that when he is already committed to Miami?), because before he left for San Antonio on the 29th, he had to already be packed up for college because (according to Mr. Peterson, not me), they had to report for the new semester of college on January 7th.

That is why I wanted to go look at the dates that LSU, Miami and UF start the new semester. Only 1 starts a new semester on 1/7 - that is UF.

I never try to figure out why anyone on this planet does what they do, but, why would he throw that date in particular out as the day they had to report unless they had already made the choice? He said it sort of nonchalantly while laying out their schedule.

I may be completely off base, reading too much into it, but from that one conversation (and hell, that was a week ago and this is recruiting, there may have been a complete 180 by now), but I predict he ends up at UF.

We'll see how it plays out...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News