ADVERTISEMENT

ALLEY EXTRA: Marlon Brown (THUR 9:40 PM Update)

Mark Wheeler

Inside the Gators Publisher
May 2, 2004
This late in the recruiting process, when we are following coaches, it is usually football coaches making a move that is an attention getter.

Oddly enough, in the case of Rivals100 WR Marlon Brown, the fact that Georgia fired basketball coach Dennis Felton today could factor into where Brown decides to sign.

Basketball is incredibly important to Brown. In fact, while he was at Florida last weekend, Billy Gonzales took Brown over to meet with Billy Donovan - as Brown has met with the basketball coach at each of his finalists.

Brown had met with Felton a couple of times and now the fact that he is gone and UGA (likely) won't have a successor named before Signing Day could play a huge factor in his decision.

As I stated in the Big Board, I had UGA as his front runner. With the change in the basketball coach, I'm not as sure that is the case right now (yes basketball is that important to him).

THUR 9:40 PM UPDATE: Brown just told me that Urban Meyer and Billy Gonzales won't be meeting with him until tomorrow (Friday).
This post was edited on 1/29 9:41 PM by Mark Wheeler

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News