ADVERTISEMENT

ALLEY EXTRA: Manson and Haden to play cornerback

Guerry Smith

Bull Gator
Jun 20, 2001
I'm a little late on this one (a story is linked in another thread), but Urban Meyer said Markus Manson and Joe Haden will get a tryout at cornerback in the spring.

Manson has done next to nothing at running back despite coming in with plenty of hype when he was recruited out of Alabama. People speculated he was in Meyer's doghouse, but he is an honor roll student whom Meyer has always praised for his personality and work ethic.

"That's something that they came to me, the player and a couple of coaches," Meyer said at Pro Day. "It's not my idea. We're going to take a look at him (at cornerback). He's a great person that works hard and is an athlete."

Meyer also said freshman Joe Haden, a 5-10, 189-pound, four-star prospect from Fort Washington (Md.) Friendly, would practice at cornerback in the spring, too. Haden was recruited as an athlete, but most expected him to begin his career at wideout.

Florida has a huge need at cornerback after losing starters Reggie Lewis and Ryan Smith. The only returning cornerbacks were second-year players Markihe Anderson, Wondy Pierre-Louis, and Jacques Rickerson.

This post was edited on 3/8 1:52 AM by Mark Wheelerif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News