ADVERTISEMENT

Alley Extra: Mack Brown Wednesday p.m. update

Mark Wheeler

Inside the Gators Publisher
May 2, 2004
Four-star running back, and UF commit, Mack Brown called me for a quick interview.

According to Brown, he will visit UF this weekend, and has no intention of visiting either Florida State or Tennessee the last two visit weekends of this cycle.

I asked him about the coaching change in Knoxville, and he replied that it really doesn't affect him. I asked about Florida State, and he said when they visited him they talked about how they featured the running back in their offense.

Brown said that the only in-home visit he has had with a coach since this month was UF's Stan Drayton about a week ago. While both FSU and Tennessee sent coaches in to see him at HS, neither made in-home visits (according to Brown). Both wanted him to take official visits, but according to Brown he and his parents have decided that his visit to UF this weekend will be his one and only official.

He closed it by talking about having some doubts when the Meyer and Carter news first came out, but then talked about how firm his commitment is to Florida right now.

More coming up on the front page (I don't know if I will write a whole new update, or simply amend the existing one).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News