ADVERTISEMENT

ALLEY EXTRA: Looking good..

michael l

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
Obviously this season hasn't started yet but I felt I would drop by and let you guys know where things stand with a couple of targets you are after. If I forget someone, and you have a question about them please don't hesitate to ask.

Starting on offense, and two of the more highly rated guys in the state is Palmetto RB Jaamal Berry, and Naples OL Nick Alajajian. Right now, and I know this is probably not a secret but the Gators are sitting in a very, very good position with Nick. I expect a commitment there in the first week of July. Berry on the other hand appears to be leaning to Ohio State from the people I know close to the situation. However, as we have seen with Nukeese Richardson things can change quickly once Berry takes a more in depth trip to Florida. Jaamal let me know it's possible he might make it over for the FNL last week but I should know for sure tomorrow.

One player that for a while hasn't had the Gators high on his chart maybe starting to listen in Gaither RB Jarvis Giles. From what I've heard the Gators have turned up the heat, and in my opinion would be a perfect fit with the Gators. With that said Tennessee still currently leads.

Andre Debose out of Seminole isn't really saying that much right now, but I feel the Gators are very much in the thick of it from what I've heard. Plantation OL Jared Wheeler looks good for Florida if they want him, and Florida has also been talking to Mayo Athlete Jamal Reid a little more lately. In addition to Debose Florida has also been in close contact with Glades Central WR Rantavious Wooten. I'm very high on this kid, and he will see a pretty big boost in the next FV Top 100. If the Gators want Fletcher WR Lamar Scruggs he will be a Gator. Personally, I believe he could be a better tight end prospect then wide receiver, and to be honest that's probably the position I would project him at. Great hands, good route runner, but not blazing speed. Scruggs could be a nice replacement for Ingram but that's just my opinion. Obviously Orson Charles would be the perfect fit but he doesn't look like he's going to be breaking things down anytime soon.

On the defensive side Florida is looking pretty good at the linebacker position with both Palm Beach Central LB Jon Bostic, and Gulliver Prep LB/S Frankie Telfort. In fact it wouldn't surprise me if Telfort decided to end all the speculation sometime in the summer but that's still up in the air. Southern Cal appears to be the biggest threat at this point for Telfort.

Seminole DE Dyron Dye is a heavy Gator lean in my opinion for Florida, despite the fact he keeps saying he's open. Another safety high on the Gators is Cory Addison from Andrew Jackson but to be honest Florida is pretty darn close to being set at that position so I'm not sure how hard they will push for him.

That's about it for now, and as I mentioned if I forgot to mention someone just ask me here and I will try to get around to the question whenever I get a chance.

Take care.
This post was edited on 6/11 11:05 PM by Mark Wheeler

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News