ADVERTISEMENT

ALLEY EXTRA: Is a commitment coming this weekend?

Adam Gorney

Jul 14, 2005
Marcus Smith, a 6-foot-3, 212-pound prospect from Columbus (Ga.) Hardaway, said Thursday night that he'll be at Florida on Friday and Saturday and plans to commit to the Gators.

"The week before I was talking to coach (Brian) White and I talked to coach (Urban) Meyer and they said they were going to recruit me real hard and they like my film and the next week they sent a letter that they offered me a full scholarship to the University of Florida," Smith said.

"I talked to them that day and they said, 'Are you ready to be a Gator?' And I was like, 'Yeah, I just have to see when I come down there. I think I'm going to commit tomorrow."

Smith finished with 1,500 passing yards, around 100 rushing yards and 20 total touchdowns in his junior season. He said Florida was recruiting him as a quarterback but many others list him as an athlete.

No other offers have arrived but Smith said Georgia, Georgia Tech, Auburn, South Florida, Michigan State, Tennessee, Northwestern, Indiana and Duke have all expressed a lot of interest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News