ADVERTISEMENT

ALLEY EXTRA: Greg Reid

Mark Wheeler

Inside the Gators Publisher
May 2, 2004
Back on January 5th, after speaking with Greg Reid while he was on his way home from the Under Armour game, I put UF's chances of retaining him at 80%.

After speaking with him tonight, that percentage has dropped considerably.

First, he had an incredible visit to FSU over the weekend. A visit that at first wasn't going to happen. He was scheduled to go to Alabama, but FSU came in and convinced him to instead visit Tallahassee. While there, they did an excellent job recruiting him. I many probably were under the impression that if he were to consider the Seminoles, it would be because of his teammate Demps. To me, Demps played little to no part. You have to hand it to the FSU coaches, they did an excellent job over the weekend.

This weekend he has UF, but one thing that he said tonight will hurt UF is that the coach who has been recruiting him for over a year, John Hevesy, is now at MSU.

After UF, he will visit Alabama and UGA on consecutive weekends before making his announcement the day before signing day.

He wouldn't name a leader this evening, but FSU is sitting pretty (because as he put it, he's been there) and as I'm putting it, they knocked his socks off.

What I thought was 80% UF last Monday, I would call no better than 20% UF today, with the Gators trailing both UGA and FSU.

What happens after his official to UF this weekend, who knows. He is very concerned with playing time.

1/5 Reid update

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News