ADVERTISEMENT

ALLEY EXTRA: Gator commitments shining bright

michael l

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
I thought I would just drop really quick, and give a quick update on some of the prospects at the Under Armour practices so far. Nukeese Richardson, and Andre Debose are the most explosive. When either one of these kids have gotten in the open field cue up the band because it's over. In fact I have a solid piece with Nukeese Richardson that I'm going to give over to Mark later tonight to post on the Alley where I talked with Nukeese about a number of subjects including the dreaded enrolling early question where Richardson hinted it might not be over just yet, but still a shot in the dark.

As far as Debose goes obviously there's a lot of stuff all over the place but I have to go with my sources close to Debose, and all three have indicated they expect Andre to announce for Florida Sunday night. I also spoke with LSU commitment Russell Shepard who has been nearly attached at the hip with Debose all weekend, and he believes Debose will choose LSU but as I've said I have to go with the sources close to Debose that have been pretty accurate all year about where things stand with the Trio. I do expect Armstrong to choose Miami, and Dye to follow suit or pull a surprise and choose FSU who has been really turning up the heat for Dye the past two months.

On the defensive side of the ball West Gadsden DT Gary Brown has been nothing short of sensational. I'm amazed how the technique, and mechanics have improved for Brown with a new and improved swim move. Along with Jacobbi McDaniel Gary has been very, very impressive. I also did a one on one interview with Brown at the lunch time break, and I could tell clearly by talking with him that he is very firm to Florida. There was speculation that Brown may take a few visits but I don't believe that's the case anymore but I will keep a close eye on that situation. Either way though I expect Brown to sign with the Gators.

Today not much happened with the prospects practicing in shorts, and mainly just going through some last minute preparations for the All-star game. Once again Brown dominated however in the lineman drills, and Richardson had an outstanding one handed grab in the end zone over Greg Reid. Richardson also told me one of the most impressive players to him was Reid. Nukeese is nursing a slight hamstring pull, but nothing serious at all. He's very firm to Florida. Now I don't really follow all the out of state guys for the Gators but if you have a question about one of them I can give you a report in here sometime tonight.

Take care guys.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News