ADVERTISEMENT

ALLEY EXTRA: Can the Gators turn the Tide?

michael l

Ring of Honor
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
First off I'm pretty sure the cool thing for most fans is to run over to the National boards and talk about news but at least for the fans here I would appreciate it if you could keep this information on the Alley. I'm well aware of how many Moles possibly slip in but I wanted to state that first off.

Second, to start off with Trent Richardson has not decommitted from Alabama. However, and I thought I would never say this about Richardson because he has loved Bama for so long he is truly torn between Florida, and Alabama. On the in-home visit Coach Meyer did a fantastic job from what I hear in explaining into detail about how Richardson could be used in their offense. According to people close to him Trent feels that the Gators need a true weapon at the running back position, and Florida did a very good job at showing him that.

Not to mention Florida is not a long ways from home, and while Trent hasn't publicly gone on record too much about that factor into his decision it's still something pretty important to him and his family. Now if you asked me who he favors I would say it's a toss up but based on the people I've spoken with some feel that Florida might have inched ahead. However, I caution that excitement because most of the time after in-home visits this is a natural reaction. I'm not sure if Alabama has done their visit with Trent in-home yet, and I will also state that Trent has a very tight relationship with a lot of the Alabama players currently there. With that said Richardson has also built a pretty strong bond a few of the Florida players as well, mainly Ahmad Black, and Chris Rainey. At this point I feel confident in saying this could go down to the wire, and before this news I wasn't really planning on having anyone from our staff at the signing for Richardson but that has since changed and we will have someone there. I still believe Alabama can pull it off because we still have a ways to go before signing day but it's getting a little interesting to say the least right now. I would also have to mention keep an eye on FSU this weekend because I know a few family members from his family mentioned he should take the visit to see what it's like.

Either way guys I will keep you informed all the way up to signing day the best I can possibly do.

Take care.
This post was edited on 1/28 12:23 AM by Adam Gorney

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News