ADVERTISEMENT

Adios Nuss?!?

spotman.gif

We have to be like the No. 1 school in major coordinator transitions over the past 15 years or so...if not, it sure feels like it. Will we ever see a period of solid stability again?!?!?

Is 5 OCs in 6 years bad???

Paco, what are you talking about? Why couldn't the new coach join the staff prior to NSD?

2008-Mullen
2009-Daz
2010-Daz
2011-Weis
2012-Pease
2013-Pease
2014-Roper
2015-Nuss
2016-?

So if this occurs, it will be our 7th OC I the last 9 years.

....needs to be a rule of a minimum 3 years for coaching staffs before they can roll out.

2008-Mullen
2009-Daz
2010-Daz
2011-Weis
2012-Pease
2013-Pease
2014-Roper
2015-Nuss
2016-?

So if this occurs, it will be our 7th OC I the last 9 years.

Difference is though, unlike those previous OC's we won't be bringing in a new system because it's Mac's offense. So the terminology or anything like that won't change. That was true with Meyer too, he just picked a sucky replacement. That was one of the issues with Muschamp. He made the right decision to move on from those guys and I think Roper would have worked out if given more time, but because he had no offensive system of his own every hire meant a big change. We shouldn't have that issue now if it happens.

The school where the new DB coach is at isn't going to allow him to leave until after NSD. This happens all the time

Reactions: TennesseeGator
The school where the new DB coach is at isn't going to allow him to leave until after NSD. This happens all the time

Are you claiming the guy has already agreed to come aboard? Seems strange how so many new staffs have been filled out recently prior to NSD.

Are you claiming the guy has already agreed to come aboard? Seems strange how so many new staffs have been filled out recently prior to NSD.

Paco is probably getting that info. from Abolverdi. He thinks its either Raymond from LSU or Bell from FAU. He mentioned it in his recent recruiting update. He thinks we already have a guy in principle but he won't be announced till after signing day.

Only reason I could think of for it to happen is the current HC thinks if the coach leaves he'll take prospects with him. So they're making sure current commits/targets sign first before letting the assistant announce they're leaving. It's very shady but that's recruiting I guess. Remember we had that issue with CeCe last year, his pops thought we knew the DL coach was leaving and was trying to pull a fast one.

Paco is probably getting that info. from Abolverdi. He thinks its either Raymond from LSU or Bell from FAU. He mentioned it in his recent recruiting update. He thinks we already have a guy in principle but he won't be announced till after signing day.

Only reason I could think of for it to happen is the current HC thinks if the coach leaves he'll take prospects with him. So they're making sure current commits/targets sign first before letting the assistant announce they're leaving. It's very shady but that's recruiting I guess. Remember we had that issue with CeCe last year, his pops thought we knew the DL coach was leaving and was trying to pull a fast one.
Recruiting is shady. This kind of stuff happens all the time. An no it isn't just because he may take prospects with him. Staffs aren't as concerned about that as they are about just not getting a guy either.

Firing Callahan hurt us with Fulton. Callahan wasn't Fulton's primary recruiter, but he was his position coach and had some contact. You think McElwain wanted fire Callahan before NSD?

Recruiting is shady. This kind of stuff happens all the time. An no it isn't just because he may take prospects with him. Staffs aren't as concerned about that as they are about just not getting a guy either.

Firing Callahan hurt us with Fulton. Callahan wasn't Fulton's primary recruiter, but he was his position coach and had some contact. You think McElwain wanted fire Callahan before NSD?

Yes.

You know how I know the answer to that question is "Yes?"

Because McElwain fired Callahan before NSD.

No one held a gun to McElwain's head and made him do it. He did it because he wanted to do it.

The crap you try to excuse so that you can have a winning football team makes me sick to my stomach.

Reactions: BringBackBonner
Because he has to keep up the pretense with the recruits of his current school that he's staying.

Utterly and completely despicable.

Not necessarily. If more coaches did this, it might make more recruits choose a school not so much for the coaches &/or football program, but for ..........wait for it.......The School! (crazy talk, I know)

I have no idea honestly. I was just trying to explain to BBB where you may have gotten that info since I saw the same thing from Zach in his article earlier.

Nope Mac didn't want to fire Callahan before NSD. He actually wanted to wait until after NSD to do it. McElwain however couldnt wait that long. He had to let him go when he did. Callahan wasn't coming back regardless.

Not necessarily. If more coaches did this, it might make more recruits choose a school not so much for the coaches &/or football program, but for ..........wait for it.......The School! (crazy talk, I know)

BULLSHIT.

Do NOT hold kids to the same standards of adults.

You want me to do that to your children?

You'd be a screaming maniac that I tried doing that.

And you know it.

Nope Mac didn't want to fire Callahan before NSD. He actually wanted to wait until after NSD to do it. McElwain however couldnt wait that long. He had to let him go when he did. Callahan wasn't coming back regardless.

BULL BULL BULL BULL BULL

BULLSHIT.

I'd kick you in your goddamn homer teeth if I could.

BULLSHIT.

He did exactly what he wanted to do.

STOP MAKING STUPID, HOMER, IDIOTIC BULLSHIT EXCUSES FOR A MAN WHO MAKES MILLIONS OF DOLLARS A YEAR TO COACH COLLEGE FOOTBALL.

Jesus CHRIST, but you're a stupid SOB.

BULLSHIT.

Do NOT hold kids to the same standards of adults.

You want me to do that to your children?

You'd be a screaming maniac that I tried doing that.

And you know it.

I think you missed the point. The point is is if it happened a lot, more people (read: mostly parents & HS coaches advising the kids) would realize that there is no guarantee that the coach recruiting them will be there. If that happens, more would give other factors more weight when choosing.

As far as being a screaming maniac, I doubt it very seriously. I have always understood and teach my kids that the fair is a place to go ride the ferris wheel, has nothing to do with life.

McElwain was actually going to let Callahan go after NSD. Something happened that made him pull the trigger a little bit sooner than he had initially planned. In fact it was even discussed with Callahan if he would still stay on through NSD even after getting fired. McElwain knew he wasn't going to be able to hire a replacement DB coach until NSD.

McElwain was actually going to let Callahan go after NSD. Something happened that made him pull the trigger a little bit sooner than he had initially planned. In fact it was even discussed with Callahan if he would still stay on through NSD even after getting fired. McElwain knew he wasn't going to be able to hire a replacement DB coach until NSD.

McElwain let Callahan go because other schools were negative recruiting against UF because of Callahan. Callahan was a liability to UF in the recruiting world and MeElwain knew it.

Continuity matters when the coaches are good, not so much when they aren't. If Saban thought that way they'd still have Nuss and not Kiffen.

I agree, but it's too early to judge Nuss based on last season with the QB situation turning out like it did.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT