ADVERTISEMENT

A few things I think I think

TheShining

Rowdy Reptile
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2021
-We got a tough gritty win. It was ugly, but we gutted it out. Made enough plays. Had ball boy use a little vaseline on that last drive. Overcame some disastrous stuff to get a win.
-AR played pretty well in the first half. Think he was 8 of 10. Showed some touch and took some mustard off the throws. He was accurate as well. To my eye, everything changed after he scrambled for the 1st and came up limping the 3rd Q. The next throw was in the dirt, and from there everything was a fastball. Not sure what that means, but as bad as the 2nd half was I actually think he showed progress. The MJ touchdown run was a play AR checked into based on the Ds look. The pick in the end zone was a play he checked into, but should have thrown it back corner not back shoulder. He's a work in progress and not playing well right now, but there were some positives tonight.
-Our best two players on O are ULL transfers. Think about what that means about our talent level. Then think about what that means about Billy as a recruiter and a talent evaluator. Our talent level will only get better from here. That's not even a question.
-Cyrus Torrence is a beast and will have a 10+yr career on Sundays. He's really good. Barber played really well tonight and could push tarquin by seasons end. Wonder if one of them ends up as LT next year.
-Hard to understand why MJ and Entienne aren't getting all the carries at this point, the production difference is obvious. I have to think it's 1)NW allows them to do different things in the passing game because of his hands and blocking 2) He's such a team leader that it's important for the locker room to keep NW involved.
-WRs .... meh.
-TEs. ....meh.
-Defense needs players.
-Cox was terrific tonight. Teams will be able to take advantage of him at times, but he's making plays. DL has been a disappointment. Des is okay, and there is some potential in Watson, Sapp, McLellan. But they are going to get run on all season. McClellan has an SEC body already and showed up last night which was good to see. Thought Princely would do more this year, he hasn't.
-Not sure what I think about Scooby yet, but James is a baller. Need help.
-UT will be a big test for our DBs. It will be interesting to see how they hold up in coverage. Marshall is legit. Kimber is a plus athlete so is Helm. They all have to play really well next week for us to have a shot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News