ADVERTISEMENT

A feel good story........

Moosepoo80

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2004
Orlando, FL
Last night after the game I was leaving Gator City before closing and was walking with my buddy to the corner. As I was approaching I saw a big massive guy surrounded by like 7 smaller kids. I immediately thought something bad was about to happen but what I saw was the exact opposite. Jarvis Moss was standing on the street corner surrounded by 7 kids that looked between 15-16 maybe younger. He was giving them a speach about our program. Telling these kids to get their life right, and going on and on about how Coach Meyer and Coach Heater and what kind of impact they have on thier players lives etc. The more he spoke the louder he was getting and you could see the passion he had for our program and our coaching staff coming out. I found myself standing a few feet away watching this in awe just like those 7 kids were. He asked them what their grades were, how they were doing in school, telling them to live right and respect their peers....... I seriously couldnt believe it! It was so awesome to see. He told them how he was a big time recruit but Florida is where you go if you want to live your life the right way. Finally his speach was over and I walked over to him and said, I just want you to know that I listened to everything you said and I am proud to have you as a Florida Gator. He smiled and said the coaches have changed his life. I shook his hand and said Now go to bed we need you dreaming about crushing the Vols... He laughed and walked away and those kids left with a powerful message!

Proud to be Gator!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News